• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: ESPN Rob Parker on RG3

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Good god, this has gotta be one of the dumbest things I've heard on ESPN, and there is a lot to choose from lately

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not watching the video, just making a statement:

First Take is a fake sports talk show. It's all about boosting ratings to them, nothing else.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shows where some people's priorities are at. Could you imagine a member of any other race asking that question about another member of his race? I saw the interview and for once, I liked what Steven A. Smith had to say in repsonse.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fringe people will always be slightly insane, that is why they are on the fringe, but shame on ESPN for even allowing this to air.

Ron Parker has his right to his opinion, but ESPN should not be allowing him their brand as a means for him to spread this wack job crap on television.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fringe people will always be slightly insane, that is why they are on the fringe, but shame on ESPN for even allowing this to air.

Ron Parker has his right to his opinion, but ESPN should not be allowing him their brand as a means for him to spread this wack job crap on television.

But it shows you that this is a concern to a lot of black people.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
RGIII has the right attitude about it.

He's not ashamed of being black it's just that he doesn't care about being black or not. He wants to be judged on who he is and what he does not because he's black and doing it.

And that's the attitude needed if you truly want to move beyond race in this country and world (though racism will always exist).

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ridiculous. When the hell will people stop bringing race into everything? How is not down the "cause", Rob?

Braids make him a brother? Jesus.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't even have to read-Rob Parker" says it all.
guy does the local sports rap here in Detroit-damn fucking idiot.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Robert Griffin III's dad responds to ESPN's Rob Parker - NFL.com

ESPN released a statement Thursday night that Parker's comments were "inappropriate" and the network is "evaluating" what to do next. Don't expect to see Parker on ESPN again anytime soon, perhaps ever.

Hopefully this story goes away just as quickly.

My guess is that he'll be back in the same capacity as long as he doesn't make the same kind of statements any time soon.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Robert Griffin III's dad responds to ESPN's Rob Parker - NFL.com

ESPN released a statement Thursday night that Parker's comments were "inappropriate" and the network is "evaluating" what to do next. Don't expect to see Parker on ESPN again anytime soon, perhaps ever.

Hopefully this story goes away just as quickly.

My guess is that he'll be back in the same capacity as long as he doesn't make the same kind of statements any time soon.

IMO, no way should he ever be back. His ass shouldve been fired already.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed. If a white analyst said that a white players isn't white because he was dating a black woman he would've been canned in a split second.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
His ass shouldve been fired already.

I wish people could voice their opinions about things like these without getting fired or blacklisted.

How's this for a double standard? Rush Limbaugh accuses the media of being racially biassed, and he's blocked from owning the Rams. Michael Irvin jokes about Tony Romo's relative(s) having begat his lineage through a slave because he ran fast, and Irvin still has a job.

I'm actually happy Irvin still has a job. I have absolutely no problem with Limbaugh's comments nor Irvin's comments. Limbaugh's comments were correct, and Irvin's comment was funny. I think Parker's comments were extremely stupid, but I wish people would just let ridiculous people be ridiculous and just get on with their lives. Probably an unrealistic wish. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely offensive, this is the type of crap that I have hated forever. When i was in college I played with alot of guys from the South who didn't think I was "black enough", being black doesn't equade to being ignorant, acting like a thug or speaking in ebonics, it is just something you are. I lost quite a bit of respect for Rob Parker right here, BTW by his own standards, he's not down with the cause either. Dudes one of the "whitest black dudes" around.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this like Uncle Tom's Cabin or what? I get why it's offensive because it's like asking if you are one of us, are you fake, are you selling out, etc. but trying to see if this is a modern UTC.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Just to clarify. I wasn't saying he should or should not be fired. I was just giving a guess as to what I think WILL end up happening.