• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Disney buys Lucasfilm, plans to release Star Wars episode VII

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[YOUTUBE]smdMh3Ew6IU#![/YOUTUBE]

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just checking in on this. Vader is in the finals as expected. Althoug their seems to be quite the outcry by some that he defeated Boba Fett. Seriously? I mean Boba was pertty cool and all and vote for him if you like but don't act like there was some kind of conspiracy that he got taken down by 1 of the best movie characters of all time.

On the good guy side, I was shocked to see Kinobe upset Solo in the 2nd round. Yoda eventually beat "Ben" and is now in the finals.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the first casualty of Mickey's takeover has occured.

Lucasarts.

Sad to see such a great company go. Lucasarts produced some brilliant games. Personally, my favourite was probably the Rogue Squadron games. Nothing felt more Star Wars to me. They also had some pretty brilliant non-SW universe games. Sad to see them go.

This does open up the possibility of licensing, so maybe we get to see what some other great studios can do with the material. But still, it's a dark day.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the first casualty of Mickey's takeover has occured.

Lucasarts.

Sad to see such a great company go. Lucasarts produced some brilliant games. Personally, my favourite was probably the Rogue Squadron games. Nothing felt more Star Wars to me. They also had some pretty brilliant non-SW universe games. Sad to see them go.

This does open up the possibility of licensing, so maybe we get to see what some other great studios can do with the material. But still, it's a dark day.

yeah I agree they were fantastic. the force unleashed was disappointing but Im sure disney will release some great games for star wars. The Old Republic was a great universe game but Rogue Squardron was the best. the battlefront games were very fun as well.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still play this one.

X-Wing-vs-TIE-Fighter.jpg

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, so, we had our yearly sales kickoff at the convention center this week

Had my vadermobile in the parking garage

Tues night I see one of my coworkers on facebook posted a picture of the back of my car and "WHOSE CAR IS THIS!?!?!?!?"

lol.
I've been outed as supergeek

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt know this was actually even considered as not happening.

J. J. Abrams Says John Williams Will Return To Score Episode VII!

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can change alot of these movies but you do not I repeat you DO NOT change John Williams (and the opening crawl)

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can change alot of these movies but you do not I repeat you DO NOT change John Williams (and the opening crawl)

I remember seeing something back in the day that mentioned, choosing to go with a classical score made the original trilogy. It was a bold move at the time to avoid the synthesizers and wannabe futuristic sound effects etc. Can you imagine how dated and awful the movies would seem if they went with a heavy synthesized soundtrack instead of having an orchestra?

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember seeing something back in the day that mentioned, choosing to go with a classical score made the original trilogy. It was a bold move at the time to avoid the synthesizers and wannabe futuristic sound effects etc. Can you imagine how dated and awful the movies would seem if they went with a heavy synthesized soundtrack instead of having an orchestra?

it changed movies with that score. it was mesmerizing even at 7 years old.