• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Disney buys Lucasfilm, plans to release Star Wars episode VII

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
- You're telling me you knew that Darth vader was Luke's father, and you weren't surprised?

- Yes, it was obvious.

- One of the greatest twists in movie history, and you figured it out?

- Yeah, I mean c'mon now..."vader" in German means Father, so it was pretty easy to take a guess.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ROTJ turns 30 today. Probably my favorite but all 3 of the originals are very close. The opening with Jabba was great but pretty much any scene with the Emporer was gold.

My favorite line of the move comes from Vader though "Your thoughts betray you. Your feelings for them are strong. Especially for your sister. So, you have a twin sister! Your feelings have now betrayed her, too. Obi-Wan was wise to hide her from me. Now his failure is complete. If you will not turn to the Dark Side... then perhaps she will.." That was almost enough to make Luke turn.

Last edited by a moderator:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ROTJ turns 30 today. Probably my favorite but all 3 of the originals are very close. The opening with Jabba was great but pretty much any scene with the Emporer was gold.

My favorite line of the move comes from Vader though "Your thoughts betray you. Your feelings for them are strong. Especially for your sister. So, you have a twin sister! Your feelings have now betrayed her, too. Obi-Wan was wise to hide her from me. Now his failure is complete. If you will not turn to the Dark Side... then perhaps she will.." That was almost enough to make Luke turn.

Luke Screams "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

and furiously attacks Vader that puts The Dark Lord into defence mode from under the walk way where luke was hiding... With ever strike of Lukes Light sabre his power grows with his anger and his hatred to the point where he cuts off Vaders hand and his Sabre falls into the oblivion that is the elevator shaft...

Luke finally regains some composure as a cackle of laughter emanates from behind him as the emperor walks down the stairs

"Goood,,, Goood.... your hate has made you powerful... strike him down.. and fulfill your destiny and take your Fathers place at my side"

Luke looks back as his father.... at his missing hand, then looks at his own mechanical hand that his own father took on Bespin.... he turns off his light sabre and looks at the Emperor

"Never..... I'll never turn to the Dark Side. You've failed, your highness. I am a Jedi, ." he throws his light sabre away...

The Emperor casts him a look of anger

"So be it..... Jedi" he says with disdain

"if you will not turn..... you will be DESTROYED"

I think I can honestly recite the ENTIRE moves lines of every character from the start lol.....

Happy 30th ROTJ... I was in line for over 12 hours waiting to see you on this day 30 years ago...... May the Force be with you.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2sNmlLo.gif

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and furiously attacks Vader that puts The Dark Lord into defence mode from under the walk way where luke was hiding... With ever strike of Lukes Light sabre his power grows with his anger and his hatred to the point where he cuts off Vaders hand and his Sabre falls into the oblivion that is the elevator shaft...

Luke finally regains some composure as a cackle of laughter emanates from behind him as the emperor walks down the stairs

"Goood,,, Goood.... your hate has made you powerful... strike him down.. and fulfill your destiny and take your Fathers place at my side"

Luke looks back as his father.... at his missing hand, then looks at his own mechanical hand that his own father took on Bespin.... he turns off his light sabre and looks at the Emperor

"Never..... I'll never turn to the Dark Side. You've failed, your highness. I am a Jedi, ." he throws his light sabre away...

The Emperor casts him a look of anger

"So be it..... Jedi" he says with disdain

"if you will not turn..... you will be DESTROYED"

I think I can honestly recite the ENTIRE moves lines of every character from the start lol.....

Happy 30th ROTJ... I was in line for over 12 hours waiting to see you on this day 30 years ago...... May the Force be with you.

Hahaha Awesome! I'm glad I'm not the only one that can look past the Ewoks to see how great ROTJ was!

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My boxer Han watching Star Wars m so happy

tvurtIkl.jpg

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi over the last few days, I didn't forget what these movies were and how good they are but I Did forget how bad the additions were to the extended editions and the end of Jedi. It was so distracting and shoved in there that it took away from the movies. Thanks Lucas for just not being happy and stopping yourself from "perfecting" an already perfect trilogy (one that did not need those changes not one single bit)

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disney is doing everything wait at least saying everything right with Star Wars VII - they will go back to using models and less cgi - they have the right director - John Williams is back - they hired the best writer - they are continuing the story - they are bring back original characters and actors

What could go wrong with this

I'm more excited than when they announced The Phantom Menace

Oh no........

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Models are good. I was watching Jurassic Park recently and thought to myself, thank god they used robotics on this movie instead of CGI, it holds up so much better after 20 years. If you watch a movie with CGI from the 90s it's horrendous. Just like synthesizers and electronic music from 20/30 years ago sounds awful now. Technology advances and eventually it'll look bad.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Models are good. I was watching Jurassic Park recently and thought to myself, thank god they used robotics on this movie instead of CGI, it holds up so much better after 20 years. If you watch a movie with CGI from the 90s it's horrendous. Just like synthesizers and electronic music from 20/30 years ago sounds awful now. Technology advances and eventually it'll look bad.

how cool was that

image_medium.jpg

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like synthesizers and electronic music from 20/30 years ago sounds awful now. Technology advances and eventually it'll look bad.
I'll take the synthesizers and electronic music from 20-30 years ago over today's auto-tune crap.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a pretty cool interview. Wicket meets The Emperor. Quite a contrast of characters from ROTJ.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
star wars posters from Hungary. these are great

73f8cb8dd1819ff8d6981ffec6d883de.jpg
be40793147c2f949e31a48871410f6e0.jpg
7828344a4d52dc563e1463993d7861eb.jpg

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://starwars.com/news/star-wars-e...announced.html

The Star Wars team is thrilled to announce the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII.

Actors John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow will join the original stars of the saga, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker in the new film.

I can't wait!!

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know all of a sudden I got a great sense of fear for the upcoming movie.