• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Disney buys Lucasfilm, plans to release Star Wars episode VII

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solo wins this hands down. Take that to the bank. This is your frozen in carbonite lock guarantee

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solo vs. Vader in the final. I'm taking Wedge over Luke in the first round as my upset pick.

A very probably final. I took 3PO over R2 in what would probably be considered a mild upset mainly on the strength of his ability to actually speak.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, I guess I'll give my picks, too.

Han
Obi-Wan
Wedge (upset pick)
Yoda
R2-D2
Leia
Chewie
Tano

Vader
Maul
Jabba
Bane
Boba Fett
Bossk
Tarkin
IG-88 (other upset)

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[YOUTUBE]SjqaTHPHrxI#![/YOUTUBE]

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[YOUTUBE]1REkxkQxNV8#[/YOUTUBE]

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one who thought they could have made some better choices in terms of what characters to include? I guess they're trying to incorporate the newer trilogy as much as the original? Maybe get a Mon Mothma/Admiral Ackbar showdown on the lightside instead of Tano and Rex?

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one who thought they could have made some better choices in terms of what characters to include? I guess they're trying to incorporate the newer trilogy as much as the original? Maybe get a Mon Mothma/Admiral Ackbar showdown on the lightside instead of Tano and Rex?

Not at all. I was thinking the same thing.

Also I know Storm Troopers aren't individual characters but I thought they could have found a place for a few of their variations instead of some of the lesser known villains. Obviously the classic Storm Trooper look would need to be included if they decided to do that. I was always a bit fan of the Storm Troopers on Endor that rode those speed bike things.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all. I was thinking the same thing.

Also I know Storm Troopers aren't individual characters but I thought they could have found a place for a few of their variations instead of some of the lesser known villains. Obviously the classic Storm Trooper look would need to be included if they decided to do that. I was always a bit fan of the Storm Troopers on Endor that rode those speed bike things.

i dont think the storm troopers in the original trilogy were all clones, I believe they started "enlisting" at some point in time after the clones were shut down and alot wiped out over the years between sith and a new hope

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think the storm troopers in the original trilogy were all clones, I believe they started "enlisting" at some point in time after the clones were shut down and alot wiped out over the years between sith and a new hope

I think you're probably right. But what I meant by "aren't individual characters" is that they don't really have their individual identities. Individually they were just extras or disposable soldiers, but as a unit they sort of made up a character that I think could have been featured in this competition.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're probably right. But what I meant by "aren't individual characters" is that they don't really have their individual identities. Individually they were just extras or disposable soldiers, but as a unit they sort of made up a character that I think could have been featured in this competition.

well there was TK-421... he wasnt at his post however......

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[YOUTUBE]SjqaTHPHrxI#![/YOUTUBE]

I just had a chance to watch these. Thanks for posting. Very interesting.

The only thing I found disappointing was that they didn't even mention the Emporer. He was probably the #1 reason why ROTJ was my favourite (yeah yeah, I know!)

Ewok or not, Warwick Davis is the man. Didn't know he was only 11 when this was filmed. He is a very funny little man.

I loved how Anthony Daniels made 2 or 3 subtle suggestions about C3PO's "lifestyle". Thought that was pretty funny! So what that he may or may not have been a gay droid (not that there's anything wrong with being a droid), at least he can say he's the only 1 of Darth Vader's 3 offspring that never committed ince$t.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just had a chance to watch these. Thanks for posting. Very interesting.

The only thing I found disappointing was that they didn't even mention the Emporer. He was probably the #1 reason why ROTJ was my favourite (yeah yeah, I know!)

Ewok or not, Warwick Davis is the man. Didn't know he was only 11 when this was filmed. He is a very funny little man.

I loved how Anthony Daniels made 2 or 3 subtle suggestions about C3PO's "lifestyle". Thought that was pretty funny! He may or may not have been a gay droid (not that there's anything wrong with being a droid) but at least he can say he's the only 1 of Darth Vader's 3 offspring that never committed ince$t.

have you watch Warwick on his TV show its fantastic.

yeah I as surprised that they didnt mention the emperor at all that was really weird. but so many COOL things in that made me want to rewatch them all.

this is a little tidbit from Warwicks show

9c7Ox.jpg

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
have you watch Warwick on his TV show its fantastic.

yeah I as surprised that they didnt mention the emperor at all that was really weird. but so many COOL things in that made me want to rewatch them all.

this is a little tidbit from Warwicks show

9c7Ox.jpg

Yup. I never even knew who Warwick Davis was before watching Life's Too Short. Crazy that he was Wicket the Ewok! He and Ricky Gervais and the guest stars are all hilarious. Staying at least somewhat on topic, here is 1 of my favourite scenes featuring another Star Wars alumni:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. I never even knew who Warwick Davis was before watching Life's Too Short. Crazy that he was Wicket the Ewok! He and Ricky Gervais and the guest stars are all hilarious. Staying at least somewhat on topic, here is 1 of my favourite scenes featuring another Star Wars alumni:

OMG that was brilliant when I first saw it.

check out this little cute kid.... cant believe this was Wicket SO young

Warwick_Davis_young.jpg