• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT Cowboys

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't believe Josh Doctson is getting passed over. That dude is a beast! And there must really be something wrong with Myles Jack's knee (more than just a minor thing).

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't believe Josh Doctson is getting passed over. That dude is a beast! And there must really be something wrong with Myles Jack's knee (more than just a minor thing).
Much surprise for Josh. I looked for him to go before Coleman

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ezekiel Eliott is a fantastic pick!!! You will find no bigger proponent of building a team through dominant linemen and a great defense than I am. And yes, defense was a bigger need for Dallas. But, with Bosa off the board, there wasn't a single defensive player on the board worth gambling on at #4 (including Ramsey). We already made the mistake of picking a "can't miss DB" that high with Mo Claiborne. We know how that turned out. I know multiple reliable scouts who questioned Ramsey's cover skills as well as his ability to create turnovers (very few INT at FSU). He's a great athlete and good as a run stopper. But I don't care how good he is, if our line can't get any pressure on the QB, he's going to get beat a lot.

Elliott is, according to some, the highest overall rated RB to come out of college since Peterson. He's the total package- size, speed, smarts, excellent blocking, excellent receiving... just a can't-miss player. And that's what you need picking that high. You can't afford to miss. Elliott is as sure-fire as it gets. Plus, as many have pointed out, he helps the Cowboys D by controlling the clock, keeping drives alive, and keeping the D off the field.

Solid DE's and CB's can be found in rounds 2-3.
As you can tell on previous posts I am with you all the way on this one.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The damn Redskins got him. Figures he would go to a team in our division. I see a lot of AJ Green in him. He put up video game numbers every Saturday against teams that specifically schemed to shut him down. I'm afraid the Skins got a great player there.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some really good defensive players will be available at pick 34 for Dallas. Myles Jack (provided his knee isn't totally destroyed), Vonn Bell, and Kevin Dodd are still undrafted, and I would think at least 2 of them if not all 3 might slip two more picks to Dallas. All 3 of those guys were 1st round picks in some of the mock drafts out there.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor had it the Cowboys were willing to part with both of their 2nd rounders in order to move up and draft Paxton Lynch.

I'm a fan of the guy, wish him well for all the obvious reasons. However, I am thankful this didn't come to fruition. Would not have been a fan of this move at all.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor had it the Cowboys were willing to part with both of their 2nd rounders in order to move up and draft Paxton Lynch.

I'm a fan of the guy, wish him well for all the obvious reasons. However, I am thankful this didn't come to fruition. Would not have been a fan of this move at all.
With ya on this one but we sure need a qb of meaning.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really surprised Bama did not have more in the 1st rd than Kelley. Most likely will have a big 2nd / 3rd

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Schefter reported that the Dolphins tried really hard to trade up to get the Chargers' #3 pick so they could draft Elliott. And Jerry Jones revealed last night that they were close to trading back a few picks last night until they found out that the team wanting to trade with them also wanted to pick Elliott. So apparently at least 2 other teams liked him enough to spend a top-5 pick on a RB.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty much everyone had him going in the range that he went. 20-25, but the browns selecting coleman before him was a bit of a surprise

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This falls into the "for whatever it's worth" category, but I flipped around last night a lot and found the NFL coverage of the draft much easier on the ears than ESPN.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Schefter reported that the Dolphins tried really hard to trade up to get the Chargers' #3 pick so they could draft Elliott. And Jerry Jones revealed last night that they were close to trading back a few picks last night until they found out that the team wanting to trade with them also wanted to pick Elliott. So apparently at least 2 other teams liked him enough to spend a top-5 pick on a RB.

I feel it makes sense as a long term play, and like it if that's the way it's framed,

Alfred morris is limited and Mcfadden is injury prone, but this move does almost nothing to improve them this year from last... the cowboys could run the ball last year and the year before, the limiting factor for this team going on 3 years is defensive talent.

They scheme well to survive but that won't get just about anyone over the top

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some really good defensive players will be available at pick 34 for Dallas. Myles Jack (provided his knee isn't totally destroyed), Vonn Bell, and Kevin Dodd are still undrafted, and I would think at least 2 of them if not all 3 might slip two more picks to Dallas. All 3 of those guys were 1st round picks in some of the mock drafts out there.

Unless its something career changing or ending, you have to go Jack at 34, they already showed with their first pick this draft is about more than next year

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel it makes sense as a long term play, and like it if that's the way it's framed,

Alfred morris is limited and Mcfadden is injury prone, but this move does almost nothing to improve them this year from last... the cowboys could run the ball last year and the year before, the limiting factor for this team going on 3 years is defensive talent.

They scheme well to survive but that won't get just about anyone over the top
Good point on the long term play. I was thinking that when reading an article by Gosselin or somebody on DMN about how we already have 2 RBs but felt this pick went beyond this coming year.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point on the long term play. I was thinking that when reading an article by Gosselin or somebody on DMN about how we already have 2 RBs but felt this pick went beyond this coming year.

I think its a good strategy, its just with the Cowboys its always about the now it seems, especially when so much of their success is tied to a brittle and aging QB