• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT Cowboys

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swear I wasn't trying to piss-you-off, nor rain on your Baylor boy. Petty may be a future hall-of-famer. We'll see.

But again, we're trying to win now, with the QB we feel can take us to the SB. And to address your, "I'm ignoring FA" comment, is this: Of course I'm ignoring it. You should too. Jerry's old "pay you tomorrow for the hamburger I want today" is what has gotten us into the fucking financial bind we're in now. Start with Romo's bloated contract.

Young players are cheap, and frankly, you've got every bit as much opportunity to hit on them as you do on the FA market.
I don't get po'd on this board. It's all opinions and nothing more

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not even my comparison. There have been parallels between the two long before I posted that. And if his lack of common sense is the reason he ends up flaming out vs his physical skills, then it defeats the entire purpose of drafting him. Character usually wins out with these guys, and it's why of the two if I had a gun to my head would bet Mariota would have a better career. And I don't even expect him to be all that wonderful.

The Bucs will be picking another QB in another 5 years, and you'll be defending that pick too. I get it, I really do. And you will accuse people who disagree with you then of talking out of their ass, because that's what you do. Whatever helps you sleep at night man.

I don't accuse people who disagree with me of talking out of their ass, I accuse people who talk out of their ass about things of "talking out of their ass"

I disagree with lots of people and don't make that claim actually

So continue on with the hyperbolic rhetoric, its what you're good at

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swear I wasn't trying to piss-you-off, nor rain on your Baylor boy. Petty may be a future hall-of-famer. We'll see.

But again, we're trying to win now, with the QB we feel can take us to the SB. And to address your, "I'm ignoring FA" comment, is this: Of course I'm ignoring it. You should too. Jerry's old "pay you tomorrow for the hamburger I want today" is what has gotten us into the fucking financial bind we're in now. Start with Romo's bloated contract.

Young players are cheap, and frankly, you've got every bit as much opportunity to hit on them as you do on the FA market.

I'm not one to say Petty or any QB is this or that but even in win-now mode if you have an opportunity to draft a QB in hopes to develop him then there absolutely is nothing wrong with taking him even if it's in an early. Romo is a major hit away from potentially ending his season or even career and he's already 34. They got relatively lucky last year with Romo's health but I don't foresee that being a constant the rest of his career. If you're going to take a flyer and reach the one and only position you ever do that in the NFL with is a QB because we know you're only going to go as far as your QB takes you in most cases.

So if Dallas thinks Petty is their guy or insert any other QB in there you can not only have him learn and under Tony's wings but you should have a day 1 competent backup QB.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jameis actually gets high marks for his on field game intelligence, and I think did well on the Wonderlic

Actually a bright kid, but had off the field issues which give the impression that he's dumb

Lots of people don't like him bc of these issues and lead them to make up things that simply aren't true, like he's Vince young dumb

Yep everything I've read about Jamies is that he's a pretty bright kid and student of the game. But yes off the field he's no doubt a knucklehead but it's not something that couldn't be corrected.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not one to say Petty or any QB is this or that but even in win-now mode if you have an opportunity to draft a QB in hopes to develop him then there absolutely is nothing wrong with taking him even if it's in an early. Romo is a major hit away from potentially ending his season or even career and he's already 34. They got relatively lucky last year with Romo's health but I don't foresee that being a constant the rest of his career. If you're going to take a flyer and reach the one and only position you ever do that in the NFL with is a QB because we know you're only going to go as far as your QB takes you in most cases.

So if Dallas thinks Petty is their guy or insert any other QB in there you can not only have him learn and under Tony's wings but you should have a day 1 competent backup QB.

Here's what I see as a problem: We can't win NOW with our defense in the shape it was in last season. We got away with it last year b/c we kept the ball so much, and we were extremely fortunate. Our clock eating running game took a rather large hit too.

And this isn't a knock on Petty. Like the kid actually. My argument against Petty, really has nothing to do with Petty. It's against the Cowboys taking a QB in the 2nd round this season. We need some play-makers - at least rotation players - CB/DT/RB long before we can/should address our need at QB.

Taking advantage of Tony's last few good years is the key. Besides, who says a QB has to be taken early in order to be successful in the NFL? Romo, Brady, Wilson are all proof positive this is a misnomer.

Hey, I'm not taking myself too seriously here. I know it's just my convoluted draft BS. Nothing more.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Abdullah to Detroit

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who'd ya'll get?

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad move.

HIgh first round talent falls to 60. You just can't pass that up and I'm so glad Dallas didn't. Risk/reward but for more on the reward side in my opinion and he'll be cheap and get to the QB.

Seems really weird seeing Cowboys draft like this.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HIgh first round talent falls to 60. You just can't pass that up and I'm so glad Dallas didn't. Risk/reward but for more on the reward side in my opinion and he'll be cheap and get to the QB.

Seems really weird seeing Cowboys draft like this.

True. You guys got first round talent that can make an immediate impact on your D. I just don't think he's a good guy to have on your team.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. You guys got first round talent that can make an immediate impact on your D. I just don't think he's a good guy to have on your team.

No doubt there's concerns which shouldn't be dismissed completely agree.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke Johnson round 3?