• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT Cowboys

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disappointed that they didn't pick Brown ( even if he is a longhorn). This cornerback better be good or they just shot themselves in the foot. The Cowboys DL has sucked the last few years. I guess they're planning to pick up another d lineman in free agency?[/QUOTE]

Or how about later in the draft? Is that even a remote possibility in your mind; at all?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he runs very upright too. Which may account for some of his fumbling problems actually.

That's probably not going to get better at the next level either.
Murray had the same problem if not worse in college and pro ball but certainly improved with instructional help.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This from Mel Kiper on what the Boys will do with the 60th pick:

60. Dallas Cowboys: Bryce Petty, QB, Baylor
This is an ideal fit for Petty, a local product who would have the ability to sit and learn behind Tony Romo and be groomed as a potential replacement down the road.

Tell ya what, I'll bet ya $100 if Petty is there, Dallas won't take him.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murray had the same problem if not worse in college and pro ball but certainly improved with instructional help.

This is true. But Yeldon runs even more upright, and doesn't have near the speed of Murray, IMO anyway.

And as much as I appreciate what Murray did for us last year, he did very little the previous 3 seasons.

I'm honestly delighted for him, in that he got a great contract from the Eagles. Wish him well, except for 2 games every season. But I think Philly is gonna wish they hadn't done it.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't really think so either. Marcus has a better shot, because to his credit he's actually quite smart. Winston is Vince Young kind of dumb.

Now the Jags make a a non flashy pick. Good pick for them.

Jameis actually gets high marks for his on field game intelligence, and I think did well on the Wonderlic

Actually a bright kid, but had off the field issues which give the impression that he's dumb

Lots of people don't like him bc of these issues and lead them to make up things that simply aren't true, like he's Vince young dumb

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This from Mel Kiper on what the Boys will do with the 60th pick:

60. Dallas Cowboys: Bryce Petty, QB, Baylor
This is an ideal fit for Petty, a local product who would have the ability to sit and learn behind Tony Romo and be groomed as a potential replacement down the road.

Tell ya what, I'll bet ya $100 if Petty is there, Dallas won't take him.

With all the needs they have a back up project isn't one of them.

DT and RB are the only two real options for Dallas at 60. I would rather them go 1-15 a couple years after Romo retires having won a championship or something, than to start trying for a QB now.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jameis actually gets high marks for his on field game intelligence, and I think did well on the Wonderlic

Actually a bright kid, but had off the field issues which give the impression that he's dumb

Lots of people don't like him bc of these issues and lead them to make up things that simply aren't true, like he's Vince young dumb

Right....I totally made up things that aren't true like all his interceptions and pre snap penalties and the lack of common sense that exists....

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First, he did score very well, on the Wonderlic test. Also, he had a 3.2 while at Florida State, and was heavily recruited by Stanford. Qualified to get in as well.

His actions off the field are childlike at best - not gonna address the r*pe allegation - but his on field
demeanor/leadership is not in question at all IMO.

Word at Seminole U was he was first in the weight room, first at skull sessions, first to study hall.

He's the ying of Vince Young's yang.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right....I totally made up things that aren't true like all his interceptions and pre snap penalties and the lack of common sense that exists....

Lack of common sense off the field given, but he was drafted to play QB not be a team spokesperson

They'll give him a support system and hopefully he'll be fine, no guarantees

But if he flames out I doubt it's because of his on field play

Comparing him to Vince young is ignorant at best

I've read through the thread, draft and player analysis is not your forte, you mostly talk out of your ass

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true. But Yeldon runs even more upright, and doesn't have near the speed of Murray, IMO anyway.

And as much as I appreciate what Murray did for us last year, he did very little the previous 3 seasons.

I'm honestly delighted for him, in that he got a great contract from the Eagles. Wish him well, except for 2 games every season. But I think Philly is gonna wish they hadn't done it.
The key word was "instructional help". Throw in the OL and look out. Murray had one great year true. We had a great OL only one year. Now Philly may be a problem for him for lack of a good OL.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all the needs they have a back up project isn't one of them.

DT and RB are the only two real options for Dallas at 60. I would rather them go 1-15 a couple years after Romo retires having won a championship or something, than to start trying for a QB now.
How many really good DT and RB can be found at #60? Not saying it's impossible but I would not pass up Petty as an under study of Tony. Potential is there for us to take advantage of the OL for awhile. FA most likely will produce better choice than # 60 IMO

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The key word was "instructional help". Throw in the OL and look out. Murray had one great year true. We had a great OL only one year. Now Philly may be a problem for him for lack of a good OL.

Yes and no. We had a real good line the year before. Martin made us into great one. Give ya that for sure.

And the OL comment on the Eagles is right on target.

But Murray's problem throughout his football career - college/pro - is staying on the field. That won't improve with age, and with the one-year workload he had last season IMO.

Again, I really like Murray. Wish him the best. Well, most of the time anyway. haha

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many really good DT and RB can be found at #60? Not saying it's impossible but I would not pass up Petty as an under study of Tony. Potential is there for us to take advantage of the OL for awhile. FA most likely will produce better choice than # 60 IMO

The league is full of players who were/are great well beyond pick # 60. Hell, we got Murray in the 3rd round. What round did Tom Brady go in? Wasn't it the 7th? How bout Romo?

I'd pass so fast on Petty it isn't even funny. Sorry, and obviously, I may be 100% wrong. But I see so many flaws with this guy, to take him in the 2nd round when we're in a win now mode with Romo would be insane, IMO.

By our teams own admission, we have 2 years of good tread left on Romo's poor old, beat-up body. We need a player who can play now, at least participate, and let the future be exactly this at the QB position in the 2nd round.

My bet stands. I'm a man of my word. I'll bet anyone $100 if Petty is there, we don't take him. If you want the bet, say so. And if I lose, I'll ask for your address via private message, and a crisp $100 bill will be on the way.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league is full of players who were/are great well beyond pick # 60. Hell, we got Murray in the 3rd round. What round did Tom Brady go in? Wasn't it the 7th? How bout Romo?

I'd pass so fast on Petty it isn't even funny. Sorry, and obviously, I may be 100% wrong. But I see so many flaws with this guy, to take him in the 2nd round when we're in a win now mode with Romo would be insane, IMO.

By our teams own admission, we have 2 years of good tread left on Romo's poor old, beat-up body. We need a player who can play now, at least participate, and let the future be exactly this at the QB position in the 2nd round.

My bet stands. I'm a man of my word. I'll bet anyone $100 if Petty is there, we don't take him. If you want the bet, say so. And if I lose, I'll ask for your address via private message, and a crisp $100 bill will be on the way.
I said it's not impossible but FA is better if they want to compete this year. Also, I said Petty would be an understudy for as long as Tony is there.Replacing Tony with this OL would be insane. If they take Petty or not won't have an impact for two years.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No way would I take Petty in the second round. Dallas might be smart to take a flyer on Jordan Phillips.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said it's not impossible but FA is better if they want to compete this year. Also, I said Petty would be an understudy for as long as Tony is there.Replacing Tony with this OL would be insane. If they take Petty or not won't have an impact for two years.

DT...I understood your point.

But to take a guy with the 2nd pick who hasn't a prayer of helping your "win-now-mode" team doesn't hold water buddy.

We need a player, who can man a position where we need help NOW, not 2 years from now.

Frankly, if the FO/HC view Tony with having 2 years of good tire-tread left in the NFL, then we need to be turning up the defense and RB positions for today.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But to take a guy with the 2nd pick who hasn't a prayer of helping your "win-now-mode" team doesn't hold water buddy.

We need a player, who can man a position where we need help NOW, not 2 years from now.

Frankly, if the FO/HC view Tony with having 2 years of good tire-tread left in the NFL, then we need to be turning up the defense and RB positions for today.

That's why I'm thinking Jordan Phillips might be worth the risk. He's got the talent and physical attributes to help Dallas D line now, but will his back hold up? That's the only reason he didn't come off the board in the first round.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You ignore FA. If there is a good opportunity there to help the DL it's a better bet at least to me to fix the DL than gambling on a rookie that can very well be a bust. As for as RB, FO has already indicated they believe Randle can be successful. I really question that. Anyway, I'm done here.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lack of common sense off the field given, but he was drafted to play QB not be a team spokesperson

They'll give him a support system and hopefully he'll be fine, no guarantees

But if he flames out I doubt it's because of his on field play

Comparing him to Vince young is ignorant at best

I've read through the thread, draft and player analysis is not your forte, you mostly talk out of your ass

That's not even my comparison. There have been parallels between the two long before I posted that. And if his lack of common sense is the reason he ends up flaming out vs his physical skills, then it defeats the entire purpose of drafting him. Character usually wins out with these guys, and it's why of the two if I had a gun to my head would bet Mariota would have a better career. And I don't even expect him to be all that wonderful.

The Bucs will be picking another QB in another 5 years, and you'll be defending that pick too. I get it, I really do. And you will accuse people who disagree with you then of talking out of their ass, because that's what you do. Whatever helps you sleep at night man.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You ignore FA. If there is a good opportunity there to help the DL it's a better bet at least to me to fix the DL than gambling on a rookie that can very well be a bust. As for as RB, FO has already indicated they believe Randle can be successful. I really question that. Anyway, I'm done here.

Swear I wasn't trying to piss-you-off, nor rain on your Baylor boy. Petty may be a future hall-of-famer. We'll see.

But again, we're trying to win now, with the QB we feel can take us to the SB. And to address your, "I'm ignoring FA" comment, is this: Of course I'm ignoring it. You should too. Jerry's old "pay you tomorrow for the hamburger I want today" is what has gotten us into the fucking financial bind we're in now. Start with Romo's bloated contract.

Young players are cheap, and frankly, you've got every bit as much opportunity to hit on them as you do on the FA market.