• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT Cowboys

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hasn't really had much of an OL or offense in general to help him out in recent years

Yeah. He may be a new-found man behind this line. And it's going to be interesting to see what the Boys do in the draft too.

Here's a short take from ESPN Insider writer, Sam Monson.

Philadelphia Eagles: Ryan Mathews, RB

phi.gif

The Eagles' merry-go-round at running back has been entertaining, to say the least. In pretty rapid succession, they have gone from a presumed starter of LeSean McCoyto Frank Gore to Ryan Mathews and now to DeMarco Murray. The final move left Mathews presumably out in the cold, but rather than walk out on the agreed deal, he elected to sign with the Eagles anyway, consigning him to the bench or spot duty at best.

The Eagles may not want to punish Murray with the workload he received in Dallas in 2014 (449 total touches, the sixth most in NFL history), but they're not going to let him become just another back in a committee. Darren Sproles is there to provide the hands out of the backfield, leaving not a whole lot left for Mathews to do.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what to make of this one.

He's never really lived up to his billing. But then again, he's been with the Gawd awful Raiders.

He is from Arkansas and that is important to Jerry. LOL!

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D Mac sucks and he will be a total waste of 2 million + per. Stupid Razorbacks. Cut Randle now at least, and then go draft our next RB. I'd be happier going in with an unproven rookie than 3.3 yd per carry avg. Yeah our Oline should make him better but he won't play much because of nail fungus or some Josh Hamilton disease.

Last edited:

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get why they did what they did.

Now what they do in the draft is going to be real interesting.

Agree with you there. If they can stay the course on the defensive side of the ball especially the line like they did with the O-line then we may will continue in the right direction.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D Mac sucks and he will be a total waste of 2 million + per. Stupid Razorbacks. Cut Randle now at least, and then go draft our next RB. I'd be happier going in with an unproven rookie than 3.3 yd per carry avg. Yeah our Oline should make him better but he won't play much because of nail fungus or some Josh Hamilton disease.

Don't understand where you're coming from here.

First, how good would you expect anyone to be running behind one of the worst lines in football? Second, since (1) is true, it makes sense any RB would get clobbered all season - thus probably injured - playing behind this OL wouldn't it?

I'm not sold on him being the answer to our immediate needs to replace Murray. But it's a relatively small investment, and he can be part of rotation anyway.

And you want to cut Randle! really? Yeah, let's cut a guy who ran it 51 times for an average of 6.7 per.

Last edited:

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't understand where you're coming from here.

First, how good would you expect anyone to be running behind one of the worst lines in football? Second, since (1) is true, it makes sense any RB would get clobbered all season - thus probably injured - playing behind this OL wouldn't it?

I'm not sold on him being the answer to our immediate needs to replace Murray. But it's a relatively small investment, and he can be part of rotation anyway.

And you want to cut Randle! really? Yeah, let's cut a guy who ran it 51 times for an average of 6.7 per.

Yeah he also ran with underwear and cologne, and then ran away when the police were called when he was threatening a woman. He was a poor teammate and not good for the locker room. Damn right I would send his ass packing. I have no use for that kind of guy.

As for McFadden his injuries have not been from punishing hits that I recall, mostly foot or toe injuries or some such. If he was a good durable back he wouldn't have been behind MJD (who recently retired)on the depth chart starting last season and then Latavious Murray.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he also ran with underwear and cologne, and then ran away when the police were called when he was threatening a woman. He was a poor teammate and not good for the locker room. Damn right I would send his ass packing. I have no use for that kind of guy.

As for McFadden his injuries have not been from punishing hits that I recall, mostly foot or toe injuries or some such. If he was a good durable back he wouldn't have been behind MJD (who recently retired)on the depth chart starting last season and then Latavious Murray.

I get where you're coming from, as far as the character issues with Randle. But the league is based on production on the field.

Are you saying you'd be comfortable going into the season with our RB's being whomever we draft, a China-doll (McFadden) and Dunbar?

If you think McFadden is basically worthless, then we have no option but to get a killer back in the draft aren't we? If Gordon/Gurley is available in the 1st, would you go that route?

I also would keep Randle, at LEAST until we see what the draft produces.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get where you're coming from, as far as the character issues with Randle. But the league is based on production on the field.

Are you saying you'd be comfortable going into the season with our RB's being whomever we draft, a China-doll (McFadden) and Dunbar?

If you think McFadden is basically worthless, then we have no option but to get a killer back in the draft aren't we? If Gordon/Gurley is available in the 1st, would you go that route?

I also would keep Randle, at LEAST until we see what the draft produces.

To be honest I am not comfortable with the RB situation at all. I don't think Randle even though he's been productive so far, would be so in more situations such as having to be relied on as the primary RB. That is if whomever the 1st string back is went down. Dunbar is strictly a situational back. You can find a good pick in the draft in most cases but as we all know it can end up going all wrong as well. I like Gordon or Gurley even, but I still don't see either as a guaranteed success in the NFL and certainly not immediately.

Not much left in the FA pool for RB's aside from Reggie Bush and a couple others I cant recall off hand. I don't know that I like that route either. DeAngelo Williams went to the Steelers today and Spiller became a Saint. FA are getting thin fast. That said I don't think you can count on what we currently have or the draft for certain. Jerry may still be after AP, but I would be leery of that situation too. So I really don't know the answer to tell you the truth?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest I am not comfortable with the RB situation at all. I don't think Randle even though he's been productive so far, would be so in more situations such as having to be relied on as the primary RB. That is if whomever the 1st string back is went down. Dunbar is strictly a situational back. You can find a good pick in the draft in most cases but as we all know it can end up going all wrong as well. I like Gordon or Gurley even, but I still don't see either as a guaranteed success in the NFL and certainly not immediately.

Not much left in the FA pool for RB's aside from Reggie Bush and a couple others I cant recall off hand. I don't know that I like that route either. DeAngelo Williams went to the Steelers today and Spiller became a Saint. FA are getting thin fast. That said I don't think you can count on what we currently have or the draft for certain. Jerry may still be after AP, but I would be leery of that situation too. So I really don't know the answer to tell you the truth?

More than fair answer really.

I don't know if DeAngelo has anything left in his tank. But he's a stand-up guy and I'd love to have had him IF he can still play a little.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys sign ILB Andrew Gachkar to two year deal.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys sign ILB Andrew Gachkar to two year deal.

So far, this Gachkar guy, Brinkley and Rivers are all signed. Nobody that looks as if they could replace the production of Durant or Carter yet. Guess they're hoping to add some more options and get Lee back healthy and try and find someone that can rotate in from the draft?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Murph........Norm just gave some stats on McFadden which blew holes in the bottom-of-my-boat take of him.

Can't quote all which he did, but bottom-line is, McFadden way under-preformed all the RBs in SD over the past 3 seasons.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Murph........Norm just gave some stats on McFadden which blew holes in the bottom-of-my-boat take of him.

Can't quote all which he did, but bottom-line is, McFadden way under-preformed all the RBs in SD over the past 3 seasons.

That good huh? I was hoping I had missed something

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys in talks with Greg Hardy

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys in talks with Greg Hardy

This is very disturbing and disappointing to me.

This guy is about half a step ahead of rabid animal, and I sure hope he goes elsewhere.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is very disturbing and disappointing to me.

This guy is about half a step ahead of rabid animal, and I sure hope he goes elsewhere.

He certainly isn't the type of high integrity locker room guy I thought Jerry was looking for these days

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He certainly isn't the type of high integrity locker room guy I thought Jerry was looking for these days

I'm pretty much surprised without being shocked.

This guy makes Randle look like Aikman.

He's been nothing but problems since he was in the 8th grade. Not kidding.