• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Congrats to Barry Larkin

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
for making it into the Hall of Fame. The guy was one of the best shortstops in his era and was a helluva player.

But I have to say that baseball's hall of fame is about as insignificant as it has ever been. When guys like Jim Rice can get in and Dave Parker cannot, something is wrong. When Kirby Puckett makes the Hall and Tim Raines does not, voting is ill-informed.

When Barry Larkin and Ozzie Smith make the Hall of fame but Alan Trammell does not, it shows how very little the voters know. And when Bert Blyleven makes the Hall of Fame but Jack Morris does not, it seals the deal.

I love the game of baseball. It will always remind me of my childhood and will always be the sport that I remember most fondly. But I must watch a different game than everyone else when guys like Tony Perez make it into the Hall of Fame.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had no idea the announcement was even coming up :(

I usually like to do my own ballot, so I guess I will do it now, but late. I also am doing it without any research...

1) Larkin
2) McGwire
3) Raines
4) Smith
5) Trammell

Bagwell and Walker are close on my ballot, and I may be convinced of them in the future, but right now, they fall short.

Your ballots?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had no idea the announcement was even coming up :(

I usually like to do my own ballot, so I guess I will do it now, but late. I also am doing it without any research...

1) Larkin
2) McGwire
3) Raines
4) Smith
5) Trammell

Bagwell and Walker are close on my ballot, and I may be convinced of them in the future, but right now, they fall short.

Your ballots?

Larkin, Raines, maybe Smith, less maybe Trammell.

Add Jack Morris.

But McGwire, no way. Nothing to do with roids. Completely one dimensional guy. If Maris ain't in, forget him. Also, he took a ton of roids. :sly:

Last edited by a moderator:

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with MSG about McGwire. Guys like Clemens and Teh Lord were HOF players before they ever touched the "flaxseed". Now guys like Sosa and McGwire, where their greatness went hand in hand with their respective power and nothing more, should be thrown to the waste side in HOF balloting because of their one "enhanced" dimension.