• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Coming Soon!

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
with a time machine though...... grrrrr

speaking of time machines, The Deep is on, starring Jacqueline Bisset's very thin, very wet white t-shirt.
as a young'un, was probably the first movie to ever get my attention

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, Mortal Engines made less than a CBS sexual harassment settlement this weekend.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh my bad ... i thought this was the cuming soon thread :think:

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It kinda fell apart at the end.

All of the sudden she's marrying that doctor? Is she even divorced from Joel? She's still wearing her ring, FFS. She also gets mad at Susie because that one club owner pulled her off stage for saying "pregnant" and acts as if her career is stagnant despite having killed it on her first television appearance literally the episode before.

And then the father, he goes from uptight neurotic traditional-as-all-hell conservative NY Jew to "Oh I was a radical back in my youth"? How the hell would he get a job at Bell Labs if, going by what "radicalism" was back then, he was active in some sort of leftist, anti-government movement?

And who the fuck is always watching her kids? That entire time in the Catskills you saw them maybe twice. She's gonna go on a 6 month tour of the US and Europe and, what, stick her poor mother with the kids? The mother who literally ran the fuck away earlier in the year because Midge and her father paid no attention to her and saw her as a doorstop?

Just seems like they rushed the hell out of the end of the season. Just give them a couple more episodes to wrap it up if they needed to.

I finished last night.
I don't really disagree with anything you posted. I do think the ending was a bit hurried.
I think the anger at Sue stemmed from the last three episodes. The tour gone wrong, the confronting Sophie on her own, then being pulled off stage at a club she doesn't like because they have so few options (because of Sophie).

Likewise I think the bad tour and uncertain future had her looking for stability - which the doctor offered. Plus everyone seemed certain that she should get married. But when offered the tour and not really thinking about the doctor for hours, it's clear what she really wanted.

The Abe stuff is a stretch. I know he lost it with the secrets his kids had but it's a huge change. I'm assuming he attended Communist meetings in his youth but I think that might have come back to bite him before 59. I guess he needed more rest and tomato juice in the Catskills.

Who cares about the kids? One pees everywhere and the other has a misshapen head and looks like Winston Churchill. Send them to the kitchen for their supper¡

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I finished last night.
I don't really disagree with anything you posted. I do think the ending was a bit hurried.
I think the anger at Sue stemmed from the last three episodes. The tour gone wrong, the confronting Sophie on her own, then being pulled off stage at a club she doesn't like because they have so few options (because of Sophie).

Likewise I think the bad tour and uncertain future had her looking for stability - which the doctor offered. Plus everyone seemed certain that she should get married. But when offered the tour and not really thinking about the doctor for hours, it's clear what she really wanted.

The Abe stuff is a stretch. I know he lost it with the secrets his kids had but it's a huge change. I'm assuming he attended Communist meetings in his youth but I think that might have come back to bite him before 59. I guess he needed more rest and tomato juice in the Catskills.

Who cares about the kids? One pees everywhere and the other has a misshapen head and looks like Winston Churchill. Send them to the kitchen for their supper¡
Children are the future, Comeds.

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True Detective season 3 is top notch. I was iffy on it after season 2 but it is back to form.
That is good to hear! Just downloaded the first two episodes. Will probably watch this weekend.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True Detective season 3 is top notch. I was iffy on it after season 2 but it is back to form.
I enjoyed it too. Very well acted.

I really enjoyed The Passage trilogy of books. Never really saw how they could make a series it off it but watched the first episode on Fox tonight and it wasn't bad.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anybody watched “Abducted in plain sight?” A documentary on Netflix that felt like an onion story. So disturbing.