• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Coming Soon!

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally watched Reservation Dogs and loved it. Went on knowing absolutely nothing about it and came away loving basically every character (major and minor). Can't wait for season 2.

1 episode behind on Better Call Saul, I'll be sad when it's done. Also read Bob Odenkirk's book on vacation and loved it, easy read.

I'm still enjoying Only Murders season 2 but there's a significant drop off from season 1 in my opinion.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally watched Reservation Dogs and loved it. Went on knowing absolutely nothing about it and came away loving basically every character (major and minor). Can't wait for season 2.
I love it, its amazing the way some of the characters seem to be one dinmensional or completely side characters then an episode will show a completely different side of them.

The FX stuff on Hulu (not always sure what was on FX then shown on Hulu and what was created for Hulu) has been some of my favorite programming the last few years. So much good stuff.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love it, its amazing the way some of the characters seem to be one dinmensional or completely side characters then an episode will show a completely different side of them.

The FX stuff on Hulu (not always sure what was on FX then shown on Hulu and what was created for Hulu) has been some of my favorite programming the last few years. So much good stuff.

Was going to ask if FX is currently the best network? Feel like AMC and HBO traded the number 1 spot for years but FX has really been crushing it. I've heard good things about The Old Man as well so that could be next.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was going to ask if FX is currently the best network? Feel like AMC and HBO traded the number 1 spot for years but FX has really been crushing it. I've heard good things about The Old Man as well so that could be next.
The Old Man was pretty solid, fantastic acting. If you want a bleak but well done show about extreme Mormonism - Under The Banner Of Heaven was well done. Depressing though. I am enjoying The Bear and want to binge it, but my wife can only handle a couple at a time of that.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First episode of "The Old Man" floored me. imo it dropped off from there :noidea:

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First episode of "The Old Man" floored me. imo it dropped off from there :noidea:
I agree 100% and was going to post something to that effect but did not want to potentially affect it for someone else. For me I thought the first 2 were great.
Overall I still liked the show and thought it was worth watching.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Old Man was pretty solid, fantastic acting. If you want a bleak but well done show about extreme Mormonism - Under The Banner Of Heaven was well done. Depressing though. I am enjoying The Bear and want to binge it, but my wife can only handle a couple at a time of that.
yah Under the Banner of Heaven was solid ... the turmoil Andrew Garfields character goes through is well portrayed. really liked the historical vignettes on the foundation of Mormonism too

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah Under the Banner of Heaven was solid ... the turmoil Andrew Garfields character goes through is well portrayed. really liked the historical vignettes on the foundation of Mormonism too
I read the book years ago and it alternated chapters between the case and a history of Mormonism, and I really enjoyed that aspect. Having said that, and still enjoying that part of the series, I still kind of chuckled at the historical costumes and acting.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 100% and was going to post something to that effect but did not want to potentially affect it for someone else. For me I thought the first 2 were great.
Overall I still liked the show and thought it was worth watching.
I think I watched the first episode 4 times. lol One occasion I watched it with my father in law who I told to watch blind (ie didnt tell him anything about the plot or what its about) and I could sense he was getting pissed at me the first 10 minutes thinking I was making him watch a show where the old man (like he) goes down a spiral to ill health and dementia lol

kinda like how I tried to get him into watching Succession around the same time he was going through a power struggle and resigning as ceo of a company but he was like "what are you trying to say/pull here?"

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read the book years ago and it alternated chapters between the case and a history of Mormonism, and I really enjoyed that aspect. Having said that, and still enjoying that part of the series, I still kind of chuckled at the historical costumes and acting.
Ive thought about reading it ... Krakauer iirc kinda did the same thing with his Into the Wild book ... interspersing stories about people who try to shun society for Alaska/the North ... although the movie didnt do the same (still a fan of that movie though)

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive thought about reading it ... Krakauer iirc kinda did the same thing with his Into the Wild book ... interspersing stories about people who try to shun society for Alaska/the North ... although the movie didnt do the same (still a fan of that movie though)
I'd recommend it. I had read Into The Wild and Into Thin Air and really liked both. Under The Banner Of Heaven did not sound good to me at all but it was really interesting. Same thing with the Pat Tillman one. Great stuff but hard to read at times.

Also his novelization of the movie Porky's was really good, brought a ton of insight into the Pee Wee character.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fidel Castro’s parents were both Spanish emigre’s. Franco’s dad is from Portugal. Franco also looks a fuck ton like Castro.

I’d almost say this casting is perfect if Franco wasn’t some weird sex predator (although Fidel kind of was too so…).

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fidel Castro’s parents were both Spanish emigre’s. Franco’s dad is from Portugal. Franco also looks a fuck ton like Castro.

I’d almost say this casting is perfect if Franco wasn’t some weird sex predator (although Fidel kind of was too so…).

Well one things for sure, it's going to be a great movie. Although instead of being about his daughter I wish it would have followed the modern trend and been about Castro's father.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well one things for sure, it's going to be a great movie. Although instead of being about his daughter I wish it would have followed the modern trend and been about Castro's father.
I’d prefer one about his son, the current prime minister of Canada.

Or at least that’s what my meth-dealing uncle tells me.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d prefer one about his son, the current prime minister of Canada.

Or at least that’s what my meth-dealing uncle tells me.
That sounds interesting!

Honestly though why make central American biopics when there is so much royal family information to make movies about?
For instance did King George VI have any speaking difficulties during the start of Korea?
Prince Henry, Duke Of Gloucester was the first son of a monarch to be educated at school. How about a college based coming of age story? Like a 1920s English "Road Trip".

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bear was fantastic. Episode 7, wow. The two leads Jeremy Allen White and Ayo Edebiri are amazing.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prey is fucking fantastic

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally watched Reservation Dogs and loved it.

I haven't seen that yet, but I did watch Bravo's new Reservation Penguins! It's about a team of 4 penguins from the San Diego zoo trying to get a dinner reservation at some of the city's most prestigious restaurants. And let me tell you I have no... reservations... about recommending it to others. The tagline alone - "They're dressed for the occasion, but can they make the reservation?" - is worth the price of admission.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prey is fucking fantastic
Agreed. They ditched all of the BS that made the other recent movies terrible and it's so much better for it.

Appreciated some of the tightly written easter eggs to the first movie. Too often they try to shoehorn those in to the point you may as well have the characters look at the camera and wink, but the ones I picked up on all felt natural.