• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Coming Soon!

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top Gun Maverk was so great!

It starts with the squad from the first classic flying around together, smiling and each saying how the other could be their wingman. Then a Russian Mig flies real close with a device with a huge green blinking light. Everything fades to green as we hear our favorite Maverk yell "I love you Goose!"

Then is the present day and Maverk is teaching flight classes, doing a great job but breaking all the rules! Lol that's our Maverk! For the next 90 minutes Maverk is breaking rules, flying planes, and brushing his hair to retro 80s music. Then there is a giant green pulse on the horizon.

Commander Jon Hamm, playing himself, calls Maverk and says there is a huge squadron of unknown fighters coming their way and they need everyone. It's NFL opening day and 90% of the planes are on the east coast doing stadium flybys.

Maverk and Commander Hamm attack what looks like hundreds of Migs. They are doing great too, all to the tune of Danger Zone by The Struts. But there's too many!

Suddenly there's a green light and young Maverk, Iceman, and Goose (I teared up) fly in! Apparently the Russians were testing stealth devices that opened a rift in time! So the combined squad attack and destroy the attacking Russians!

Then they all say how they could all be each other's wingman anytime and they fly to the sunset and credits roll.

Post credits - Maverk and Commander Hamm are breaking the rules testing the Russians stealth box. Everything turns green and suddenly they see a squadron of German biplanes, they are in WW1! And that's it!

Wow!

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stranger Things season 4 is great

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's blasphemous to many and it had the built in advantage of the blueprint already being laid out but Better Call Saul to me is a better show than Breaking Bad. Rhea Seehorn, Tony Dalton, Michael Mando, Patrick Fabian, where the hell did they find these people? They're phenomenal and their resumes are nothing of note. A+ grade to the casting director.

And more Bob Odenkirk is always a good thing.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just caught up.

No idea.

But it's been a long time since I've had such a holy shit moment on a TV show. (not the soda can trick)
2 holy shit moments in 6 days. First bcs then the last 10 minutes of Barry this past Sunday night

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top Gun Maverk was so great!

It starts with the squad from the first classic flying around together, smiling and each saying how the other could be their wingman. Then a Russian Mig flies real close with a device with a huge green blinking light. Everything fades to green as we hear our favorite Maverk yell "I love you Goose!"

Then is the present day and Maverk is teaching flight classes, doing a great job but breaking all the rules! Lol that's our Maverk! For the next 90 minutes Maverk is breaking rules, flying planes, and brushing his hair to retro 80s music. Then there is a giant green pulse on the horizon.

Commander Jon Hamm, playing himself, calls Maverk and says there is a huge squadron of unknown fighters coming their way and they need everyone. It's NFL opening day and 90% of the planes are on the east coast doing stadium flybys.

Maverk and Commander Hamm attack what looks like hundreds of Migs. They are doing great too, all to the tune of Danger Zone by The Struts. But there's too many!

Suddenly there's a green light and young Maverk, Iceman, and Goose (I teared up) fly in! Apparently the Russians were testing stealth devices that opened a rift in time! So the combined squad attack and destroy the attacking Russians!

Then they all say how they could all be each other's wingman anytime and they fly to the sunset and credits roll.

Post credits - Maverk and Commander Hamm are breaking the rules testing the Russians stealth box. Everything turns green and suddenly they see a squadron of German biplanes, they are in WW1! And that's it!

Wow!
Would it have killed you to use the spoiler tag here
1654093756829.gif

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's blasphemous to many and it had the built in advantage of the blueprint already being laid out but Better Call Saul to me is a better show than Breaking Bad. Rhea Seehorn, Tony Dalton, Michael Mando, Patrick Fabian, where the hell did they find these people? They're phenomenal and their resumes are nothing of note. A+ grade to the casting director.

And more Bob Odenkirk is always a good thing.
I used to kind of debate that, no more. Plus I do not think the first season of BB is very good. We watched it, thought it was OK then kind of forgot about it. Partway through season 2 I read how good it was so we caught up and were very surprised how much better it was than season 1.

BCS sounded like a bad idea but was excellent from the start.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to kind of debate that, no more. Plus I do not think the first season of BB is very good. We watched it, thought it was OK then kind of forgot about it. Partway through season 2 I read how good it was so we caught up and were very surprised how much better it was than season 1.

BCS sounded like a bad idea but was excellent from the start.

I also prefer the slow burn of BCS to the cinder block on the gas pedal of BB. I know you have to stretch your sense of believability but BB every week seemed like they were in some crazy, unbelievable hijinx, it almost felt like a formulaic network show for me at times. I'll take 2-3 episodes of solid place setting for the payoff.

Also Aaron Paul, especially early on was rough.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would it have killed you to use the spoiler tag here
View attachment 297848
There are lots of surprises I did not mention!

Tom Skerritt returning and explaining how planes work using a paper plane.
Maverk visiting Meg Ryan who was reading Humpty Dumpty to kids! Goose's wife was reading Mother Goose to kids, then they pan and we see his son! Wow, that's writing!
Terri Nunn's updating Take My Breath Away to be partially be about Covid!
Kelly McGillis and Tim Robbins trying to get on the airplane base and no one lets them in.

Plenty more too

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also prefer the slow burn of BCS to the cinder block on the gas pedal of BB. I know you have to stretch your sense of believability but BB every week seemed like they were in some crazy, unbelievable hijinx, it almost felt like a formulaic network show for me at times. I'll take 2-3 episodes of solid place setting for the payoff.

Also Aaron Paul, especially early on was rough.
I agree, I think as time went on Gilligan learned to better work with the episodic nature of BB. He got much better at it in BCS.

I also think that as the BB got bigger he pretty much got free reign to do what he wanted which really helped. Want to go 80 minutes instead of 60? Sure. You want a mariachi band singing a song about White for 3 minutes at the beginning? Umm, ok.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, the latest episode of Barry was fantastic.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, the latest episode of Barry was fantastic.
And then they go and top it tonight !!!

/
“Now despite the fact that the 4 letter word in question here was traditionally used as a form of kinship between women and is widely used in europe i do understand that i have offended a few people”

:pound:

// higgy :tsk:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Classic plotless super hero movie

I'm in

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Ms. Marvel, light and fun.

Stranger Things season 4 episode 2 was a mess

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Hustle on Netflix. Fun movie, Sandler was great (seriously).

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
ok, so we finally caved and got AppleTV

started Ted Lasso last night (so very good through 4 episodes)
what else are the must see shows? I'm curious about Severance.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, so we finally caved and got AppleTV

started Ted Lasso last night (so very good through 4 episodes)
what else are the must see shows? I'm curious about Severance.
Severance is really good. I really liked Mythic Quest. Took me a year to watch it because of the ads looking dumb to me but thought the show was a really good combination of stupid. funny, and touching.

Defending Jacob you could probably figure out the end partway through the first episode.