• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Bullshitting at the Barbershop part III

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The troubled Red Lobster restaurant chain is closing down at least 48 of its roughly 650 branches across the US, according to a restaurant liquidation company.

In 2023, the struggling company was further knocked off balance by a $20 endless shrimp offer that proved unexpectedly popular with customers, reportedly costing it millions of dollars.

The all-you-can-eat menu option was previously a time-limited promotional offer. But when Red Lobster made it permanent, patrons ended up eating far more shrimp than the restaurant could afford, while taking up tables and lengthening wait times for new arrivals.

The Simpsons did it again

DAMMIT

None of them are in Ohio. My father in law took my oldest there once and now she thinks it's a good place to eat, and occasionally chooses it as her birthday meal.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DAMMIT

None of them are in Ohio. My father in law took my oldest there once and now she thinks it's a good place to eat, and occasionally chooses it as her birthday meal.
I haven’t been in a Red Lobster since the 90’s. I was surprised there were still that many around

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven’t been in a Red Lobster since the 90’s. I was surprised there were still that many around

I'm not saying Captain HighLiner is a bad guy, it's just that we never saw Billy again after this commercial...

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of boys named Billy and disappearing....

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DAMMIT

I knew there was a silver lining to my seafood allergy.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When they first came to my area in the mid 90s I went a few times because my wife liked them growing up. I thought they were decent. For a few years they were sometimes a family member's birthday dinner. For a couple years I thought they were OK, nothing special but not bad. Then they, at least the ones in my area, really went down in quality and experience. The last time I went it was awful. Crowded, rushed, and barely passable food.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying Captain HighLiner is a bad guy, it's just that we never saw Billy again after this commercial...

My origin story may involve frozen fish.
When I was a kid and my mother would make any kind of frozen fish, whether it be fillets or the dreaded fish sticks - mine would have bones in it. No one else's, just mine, just my bad luck. Sometimes we'd try another piece. Often more bones. It happened enough times that whenever we had fish, my family would watch me the whole time waiting to laugh. I think it was when I was pulling another bone from my mouth (possibly teary eyed) and my brother (that I get), father, and mother were all crying from laughing - that I turned into the horror show I am today.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is anybody else watching Sorority Slip 'N Slide? I thought it was going to be stupid, buts its really not, its a tough competition. I really liked how Barb from Kappa Delta Pi really made it around the curves by....well leaning into her curves. A+ TV.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is anybody else watching Sorority Slip 'N Slide? I thought it was going to be stupid, buts its really not, its a tough competition. I really liked how Barb from Kappa Delta Pi really made it around the curves by....well leaning into her curves. A+ TV.

It sounds to me like you're grading this show on the curve(s).

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some great research that may lead to detecting CTE before death via a blood test. While there is no treatment, a blood test identifying it would go a long way in leagues like the NHL no longer being able to deny it's real. A sizeable portion of current and former players testing positive would demand action you would think.

I first read about this a few days ago and I genuinely don't know if I would take the test. Given my concussion history, I truly believe I am on this one way track. I have resigned myself to the fact I will never know, only Mrs 43 and the kids will know after I am gone. The opportunity to know isn't all that attractive knowing there is literally nothing I can do.