• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Bullshitting at the Barbershop part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This keeps happening. This is how cities turn to shit. Stop this from happening.

It is sad, I lived/worked in San Francisco for 10 months in 95-96 and back then it was such a fun city (I was just recently married and it was like an extended honeymoon). I lived close enough to downtown that I could walk to work and on the weekends my wife and I explored various parts of the city as well as the Napa Valley, Monterey etc. There was a homeless problem back then, but not even close to what they are going through these days. Housing was pretty expensive, but nothing compared to what it is today. It didn't seem to me that crime was that big of a problem in the mid 90's either (not to the extent that big stores are closing due to rampant crime).

I guess what I'm trying to say is that we seem to be regressing overall as a society, some major changes need to occur to get us back on the right track.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is sad, I lived/worked in San Francisco for 10 months in 95-96 and back then it was such a fun city (I was just recently married and it was like an extended honeymoon). I lived close enough to downtown that I could walk to work and on the weekends my wife and I explored various parts of the city as well as the Napa Valley, Monterey etc. There was a homeless problem back then, but not even close to what they are going through these days. Housing was pretty expensive, but nothing compared to what it is today. It didn't seem to me that crime was that big of a problem in the mid 90's either (not to the extent that big stores are closing due to rampant crime).

I guess what I'm trying to say is that we seem to be regressing overall as a society, some major changes need to occur to get us back on the right track.
Jail or rehab, with sufficient resources for both. There isn't any other way.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jail or rehab, with sufficient resources for both. There isn't any other way.

It's not just San Francisco either, I recently read that all Wal-Mart stores in Portland, Oregon have closed up shop due to crime. You need to head to the suburbs to find a Wal-Mart.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Right after the 89 quake I went to the bay area (Berkeley) to live with my cousin and help them fix the damage to their house. I spent most weekend days over in SF and while it was still chaos, I really loved the city, especially the park and Land's End. I still remember how stark it was in Berekely though. Brand new condos were being built near the college and every time I was up there, cops were rounding up the homeless people who were spending the night in the contsruction site.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been reading a lot about the golden age of television lately. Great stuff.

Excerpt from "Greatness Every Night, The Golden Age Of Television":

Herbert Schlosser - head of NBC "Blow Job, this is NBC you cant have a show about blow jobs on NBC for god's sake"

Christopher Crowe - TV Producer "Its not about oral sex, his name is BJ. And he drives a truck."

HB "Why would a grown man go by BJ, doesn't he know what that means? Is he a mongoloid Chris?"

CC "Far from it sir, he just goes by BJ"

HB "And he drives around with a bear who is his best friend? Does he have social issues Chris, again is he a mongoloid?"

CC "No sir, he just gets along with Bear who is actually a chimpanzee"

HB - stares silently for 30 seconds "Why would someone name a chimpanzee Bear? Does Bear talk?"

CC "I am not sure why the chimp is named Bear, we could change that. No, he doesn't talk."

HB "Leave it, I love it. Are we sure the chimp doesn't talk? I can get Jackie Coogan on the phone now, he does a great chimp voice!"

CC "That sounds great sir, but we are sure he doesn't talk. More of a silent friend."

HB "Cheetah from Tarzan, now Cheetah is a fine name for a chimp, once ripped his owners penis clean off, did you know that Chris?"

CC "No sir, interesting"

HB "I am going to order this straight to series, I haven't felt so good about a show since The Ghost and Mrs. Muir. Did you like that one Chris? Anything else I should know?"

CC "It was very good. Oh, and the lead actor is going to sing the theme song"

HB- stares silently for 180 seconds "Were going to need tractor trailers for the Emmys will get from this show. Are we sure that title of the show doesn't sound like 'BJing The Bear'? You know what, never mind. Leave it!"

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved the MAD magazine fold-ins...RIP Al.

I found 25 or so Mad Mags from the early 70's in the in laws attic. I kept those.

RIP Al

Status
Not open for further replies.