• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Bullshitting at the Barbershop part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the ad that makes me want to shoot my TV. Not sure why?

This could pass as a SNL skit.

But that lady spokesperson.

MV5BMTc3NDk0MzcxOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTk0MjQ2MjE@._V1_.jpg

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
funny story on Spence. When I asked my wife to marry me I went to Spence as I knew nothing else. I could only afford a small diamond at the time and had full plans to upgrade it for the future and didnt believe in waiting to ask. they didnt have the diamond ready yet so I got a "Demo" ring just so I could ask and I paid them for the actual ring with the thought changing to Ill just take her in to help choose the one she wants after she said yes.

she said yes (shut up all of you) and I took her in but just before I got the raise I wanted and the bonus and it was time to upgrade. my upgrade plan was 15 times more what I originally paid and we were going to do it that day. We took our dog Luke (see below) in with us to choose the new bigger ring. We walked in the door (no sign that says no pets) at the Spence off Burrard and brought Luke in with us. The employee that greeted us said.

"You cant bring THAT in here". our jaws dropped. I said "we are here to pick up and upgr......" we got cut off

"I said you cant bring THAT animal in here"

I said "nice. ok..."

I asked my wife to wait outside with Luke. I picked up the ring and looked them right in the eye and pulled the Pretty Woman line..... "you earn commission right? big mistake..... HUGE....."

then I went to Gurvins Jewelers who I think has retired. and bought the big diamond... I should have gone there to start but he gave me such an amazing trade in value for the ring....

26170752_10154976547406296_8298350705107557129_o.jpg

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
funny story on Spence. When I asked my wife to marry me I went to Spence as I knew nothing else. I could only afford a small diamond at the time and had full plans to upgrade it for the future and didnt believe in waiting to ask. they didnt have the diamond ready yet so I got a "Demo" ring just so I could ask and I paid them for the actual ring with the thought changing to Ill just take her in to help choose the one she wants after she said yes.

she said yes (shut up all of you) and I took her in but just before I got the raise I wanted and the bonus and it was time to upgrade. my upgrade plan was 15 times more what I originally paid and we were going to do it that day. We took our dog Luke (see below) in with us to choose the new bigger ring. We walked in the door (no sign that says no pets) at the Spence off Burrard and brought Luke in with us. The employee that greeted us said.

You cant bring THAT in here. our jaws dropped. I said we are here to pick up and upgr...... we got cut off

"I said you cant bring THAT animal in here"

I said "nice. ok..."

I asked my wife to wait outside with Luke. I picked up the ring and looked them right in the eye and pulled the Pretty Woman line..... "you earn commission right? big mistake..... HUGE....."

then I went to Gurvins Jewelers who I think retired. and bought the big diamond... I should have gone there to start but he gave me such an amazing trade in value for the ring....

View attachment 325261

I got my proposal ring there as well, but ONLY because they had a full refund policy.
Told my wife in no uncertain terms that this is not the ring, and we would find the right one together.
My wife (despite her choice in husband) is VERY particular.

We ended up buying the loose diamond at a wholesaler, and took it to a jeweler to design the rings to our specifics.

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going in tomorrow for a 15 minute laser surgery to repair some small tears in my left eye. No special recovery stuff, outside of some wonky vision for the rest of the day.
Went well on the eye front. Did get sick an hour and a half after I got home. Thinking anesthesia. Haven’t been sick since.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ricky Gervais content...

Last edited:

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's not another image from the Webb Telescope, spoiler tag it.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Baltimore for the weekend and I continue to be astonished at how bad they are collectively at operating motor vehicles.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Status
Not open for further replies.