• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Baseball Playoffs

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lincecum shit the bed again. He did well in relief but as a starter the struggles continue. Worst ERA of any starter in the league. 20 Mil is a lot of money to pay for a long reliever.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants up 5-0 Bot. of 4th.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lincecum shit the bed again. He did well in relief but as a starter the struggles continue. Worst ERA of any starter in the league. 20 Mil is a lot of money to pay for a long reliever.

amazing ONE season makes?

but isn't Zito's contract still worse?

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the inconsistent offense of the Gigantes, Big Daddy Cain needs to pitch like a man and hold StL to 2 runs or less, and Pence needs to hit like he actually has a bat in his hands.

As for Scut, I've loved Scutaro's heart and gritty play going back to his Oakland days.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are the Giants not playing Melky? The 50 game suspension is up and this no time of the year to not be using one of you best players.

I get it he got caught using a banned substance and boohoo it hurts the image of the team and his teammates, but you know what hurts worst? Losing in the playoffs. The guy was an MVP candidate before the suspension. I don't get how a manager or the players can justify not using him during this time of the year. Try your best with your best to win the World Series, and then worry about being butt hurt over the other stuff.

xxERICSMITHXX

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
They've been outplaying the Giants, and quite frankly, the Giants at this moment don't deserve to go to the show. Their starting rotation has been shakey and their best hitters have been horrible. They really need a power bat and another hitter on this team and perhaps one more solid starter/pitcher on this team. Zito's huge contract comes to an end at the end of 2013, so he'll walk (and thankfully so). The Giants have some pieces and hopefully they can add some names during free agency and perhaps have a couple of kids from the minors come up.

No it doesn't.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are the Giants not playing Melky? The 50 game suspension is up and this no time of the year to not be using one of you best players.

I get it he got caught using a banned substance and boohoo it hurts the image of the team and his teammates, but you know what hurts worst? Losing in the playoffs. The guy was an MVP candidate before the suspension. I don't get how a manager or the players can justify not using him during this time of the year. Try your best with your best to win the World Series, and then worry about being butt hurt over the other stuff.

If I'm not mistaken I remember hearing that a lot of the guys on the team were really pissed at him. Maybe they didn't want him to come back?

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the inconsistent offense of the Gigantes, Big Daddy Cain needs to pitch like a man and hold StL to 2 runs or less, and Pence needs to hit like he actually has a bat in his hands.

As for Scut, I've loved Scutaro's heart and gritty play going back to his Oakland days.

Don't forget Posey too. He has vanished since that grand slam. If him and Pence could stop striking out twice a game we will be looking good. But Scutaro has been so clutch since for this team. Such a great pick up.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm not mistaken I remember hearing that a lot of the guys on the team were really pissed at him. Maybe they didn't want him to come back?

I can understand that but now is not the time. Tell him he is not welcome back next year, but don't shoot yourself in the foot during the playoffs. It's the old you have to learn to keep personal and business separate. They can hate the guys guts on a personal level for what he did, but not using him right now is bad for business.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
apparently, the Giants need their backs against the wall first??!!

jumping out to a good lead would be nice......again. :-)

go Giants!

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even as a Rockies fan I liked how Cain delivered a little payback for Holliday's slide into Scuto.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Braves fan I love how the Giants are on the verge of completing this 3 games to 1 comeback to send the Cards home where they should have been to begin with.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apparently, the Giants need their backs against the wall first??!!

This could be said about both the football and baseball Giants.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Not that I care, but the Giants are beating the Cardinals 8-0 in the 8th.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Braves fan I love how the Giants are on the verge of completing this 3 games to 1 comeback to send the Cards home where they should have been to begin with.

Yeah, that new wild card system is pretty much shit. You work to build a lead the entire season and then a team 6 games behind you gets a chance with 1 game.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woo hoo, woo hoo! I'm ready to hear the song.