• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Baseball Playoffs

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
just read Posey doesn't catch for Lincecum, they don't have a good relationship?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just read Posey doesn't catch for Lincecum, they don't have a good relationship?

No. The Giants were so desperate to get Lincecum out of his funk that they tried switching catchers. You may recall that Lincecum had the highest ERA of any starter in the league this year. They put Sanchez in there as his catcher but it didn't do any good. Other reasons were to give Posey a breather after the horrendous injury and to get Sanchez some experience. Sanchez also caught Zito.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No. The Giants were so desperate to get Lincecum out of his funk that they tried switching catchers. You may recall that Lincecum had the highest ERA of any starter in the league this year. They put Sanchez in there as his catcher but it didn't do any good. Other reasons were to give Posey a breather after the horrendous injury and to get Sanchez some experience. Sanchez also caught Zito.

oh ok. obviously, these changes worked out well enough.

yeah, i'd think it would be a lousy locker room if it was personal.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I heard earlier this season there was a slight divide in the locker room. It was basically Lincecum, Zito, H. Sanchez and the other Latino players vs Posey, Cain, Bumgarner. The main issue was that the laid back attitude of the former group clashed with the more business-like mentality of the latter group. Obviously this had no effect on the team's performance.

On a side note, in 2010, Lincecum, Zito, J. Sanchez preferred Bengie Molina but Posey eventually became the starter due to his superior batting. So there is some history there.

Last edited by a moderator:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I heard earlier this season there was a slight divide in the locker room. It was basically Lincecum, Zito, H. Sanchez and the other Latino players vs Posey, Cain, Bumgarner. The main issue was that the laid back attitude of the former group clashed with the more business-like mentality of the latter group. Obviously this had no effect on the team's performance.

On a side note, in 2010, Lincecum, Zito, J. Sanchez preferred Bengie Molina but Posey eventually became the starter due to his superior batting. So there is some history there.

ahh, thanks. no team is ever perfect so not THAT surprising i guess?

how can you not side with 'business-like' players? ok, you don't want to be too extreme either, so i'll revise to LEAN towards the business like side.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's interesting. I did not realize there was a racial divide on the team. At least they were able to put their play ahead of their feelings for each other. That's a sign of professionalism.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's interesting. I did not realize there was a racial divide on the team. At least they were able to put their play ahead of their feelings for each other. That's a sign of professionalism.

I don't think it was a racial thing. Just that some guys are super laid back and other guys are more business like.

I actually remember hearing last year that south american players loved the Giants because it was such a great place to play for them. It was at some point during the period they were trying to get Beltran.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't think it was a racial thing. Just that some guys are super laid back and other guys are more business like.

I actually remember hearing last year that south american players loved the Giants because it was such a great place to play for them. It was at some point during the period they were trying to get Beltran.

Yup, definitely not a racial thing. It didn't help that Zito and Lincecum, being the laid-back west coast guys they are, were the ones struggling the most. As long as there are no me-first guys (Bonds, Kent, ManRam come to mind), this sort of stuff is easy to overcome.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh. It seemed like SJ was saying it was the Latino players against the redneck ones like Posey, Bumgarner and Cain. I didn't notice anything like that and I watched a lot of Giants games this year.