• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Baseball Playoffs

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bochy is a genius! Seems like every move he makes works out in a big way- especially his starting pitching decisions. Bumgarner struggled early in the postseason, but was MONEY last night.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bochy is a genius! Seems like every move he makes works out in a big way- especially his starting pitching decisions. Bumgarner struggled early in the postseason, but was MONEY last night.

Agreed! Starting the series with two lefties - genius!

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
next step is get a win in Detroit. yeah, i know the Giants could close it out too, but at very least........one win.

obviously, being 2-0 is great, but looked another way.......it is just holding home field advantage.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
next step is get a win in Detroit. yeah, i know the Giants could close it out too, but at very least........one win.

obviously, being 2-0 is great, but looked another way.......it is just holding home field advantage.

The important thing is that it comes back to SF no matter what. The Giants only need to win 1 in Detroit and they are set. However... I think they are gonna close it out there.

Giantsmojo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Giants were tied in 3rd for winning percentage on the road, they also scored more on the road then at home.

Vogelsong/Sanchez

Sanchez has been absolutely dominant against the Giants in the past. In 5 games is 3-1 with a 1.98 ERA and 0.881 WHIP. Vogelsong has been dominant so far in the postseason, only faced the Tigers once in his career with a 2.70 ERA and 1.2 WHIP(2011).

Cain/Verlander

Yeah I know Detroit said they don't plan on using Verlander on short rest, but that was before they knew they were going to be down in the series, they have to pitch Verlander in game 4 to give them the option of using him in game 7 if the series goes that far.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
amazing how things have been bouncing the Giants way?

also surprised at the Detroit bats, didn't think Giant pitching would 'quiet' them this much?

can the Giants win the series from the LEAD position?

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
amazing how things have been bouncing the Giants way?

also surprised at the Detroit bats, didn't think Giant pitching would 'quiet' them this much?

can the Giants win the series from the LEAD position?

It would take a 3 game losing streak!! Go Giants!!:second:

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants pitching has been outstanding. However, i think the biggest surprise for me has been how well the Giants have been hitting. Panda and Prince especially.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Giants pitching has been outstanding. However, i think the biggest surprise for me has been how well the Giants have been hitting. Panda and Prince especially.

seems they've been able to bunch their hits more frequently than other teams? so it isn't getting more hits, but timely hitting?. haven't looked at the stats, so just going by 'feel'.

of course it helps a ton when the ball is bouncing in favor of the Giants.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems they've been able to bunch their hits more frequently than other teams? so it isn't getting more hits, but timely hitting?. haven't looked at the stats, so just going by 'feel'.

of course it helps a ton when the ball is bouncing in favor of the Giants.

That seems to be the case.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And ANOTHER shut-out! First time since 1919 that an NFC team has recorded back-to-back shut outs in the World Series! We are stealing Detroits script and writing what was supposed to be their story!! Love it!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
And ANOTHER shut-out! First time since 1919 that an NFC team has recorded back-to-back shut outs in the World Series! We are stealing Detroits script and writing what was supposed to be their story!! Love it!

You're a Colorado Rockies fan...?

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're a Colorado Rockies fan...?

Yeah, it was the toughest sports decision I ever made. I grew up in Candlestick and watched Mays, McCovey, Marichal and all the rest of the greats play there for years.

But, I'm a baseball purist (or a baseball snob to quote some of those more tolerant of the steroid era), and when Magowan extended Barry's contract circa '97-'99 I had had enough and dumped the team.

Anyway, since Magowan's embarrassing departure a few years ago I've re-warmed to my G-Men and today I am back to rooting hard for them, but now they are probably my baseball equivalent to the Denver Broncos.

SeattleNinersFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
When is the last time a city was the home to both the WS champ and the SB champ in the same year?

:noidea:

But it is a fun thought to have.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When is the last time a city was the home to both the WS champ and the SB champ in the same year?

:noidea:

But it is a fun thought to have.

In 1980 in one year Philly had a team in the Superbowl, World Series, Stanley Cup and NBA championship. I think the Phillies were the only won that ended up winning it all but that is pretty crazy.