• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: AAA bent my car door

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
+1 on the HHR hate.

Almost as bad to drive as the PT Cruiser.

Double true on the PT Cruiser. In LAX I got one once, the only car they had still on the lot so I had to take it. Underpowered, scraped on every single bump, and considering it looks like it has room inside it was also really confining.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, everyone I know who purcheses a Toyota has endless problems with the damn things. One month this is going on it, the next it's a recall. Fuck that noise.

we know someone with a Highlander ... no problems at all

but then again does Toyota manufacture them for the american market in the US ? and for the canadian market in Canada

personally I like the idea of buying new ... but then i also like the idea of no car payments :thumb:

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, everyone I know who purcheses a Toyota has endless problems with the damn things. One month this is going on it, the next it's a recall. Fuck that noise.

I would recommend against doing a Google search for Ford Escape recall then.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i drove my tacoma for 14 years, was in the shop 1 time for a $136 dollar fix

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not really understand the logic of buying American because its American anymore. A bunch of the "American" companies build components and in some cases entire cars in factories not in the US. At some point a couple years ago it was reported that Toyota builds more cares in the US than any of the US manufacturers. I just have trouble buying an American product solely because its American when the company has shipped the building jobs out of the country.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not really understand the logic of buying American because its American anymore. A bunch of the "American" companies build components and in some cases entire cars in factories not in the US. At some point a couple years ago it was reported that Toyota builds more cares in the US than any of the US manufacturers. I just have trouble buying an American product solely because its American when the company has shipped the building jobs out of the country.

Yeah, I'm kinda the same way.

My car was assembled in Ohio with 80+% American made parts. My wife's car was assembled in Mexico from 80+% Canadian made parts. Hers is considered American, mine is not.

Go figure.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, alrighty then. Maybe I should just shoot for the Honda Pilot.

I got nothing against the Escape. Almost bought one a couple years back. Just saying they do have some recall issues too.

Don't know much about the Pilot though, so good luck.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, fuck car shopping. I got 2-3 months to make up my mind.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Since I am not in the type of situation to allow me to purchase a new car, I will say I agree that you should not purchase a Toyota. New Toyotas are generally reliable cars that will last you a long time with proper maintenance. Used Toyotas are overpriced pieces of shit that people usually are only selling because they got the bad ones.

And Jeff - EVERY car has recalls on it for EVERYTHING. It's kinda crazy.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My "American made" Monte Carlo has a red Maple Leaf on the sticker attached inside the driver's side door frame.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

heh, all depends on luck i think.. my mom/step dad/sister have bought 4 toyota's over the past 10 years or so, not 1 problem between all of them.. two rav-4s, 1 corolla, 1 highlander

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heh, all depends on luck i think.. my mom/step dad/sister have bought 4 toyota's over the past 10 years or so, not 1 problem between all of them.. two rav-4s, 1 corolla, 1 highlander

hybrid, awaz? they like it? my wife constantly reminds me consumer reports has it as its the highest rated SUV (of all categories - luxury to small)

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hybrid, awaz? they like it? my wife constantly reminds me consumer reports has it as its the highest rated SUV (of all categories - luxury to small)

My Mother has one. Not hybrid. Hers actually never had a problem. But another friend of mine has one, and nothing but issues.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm pretty staunch for buying a new car, but its mostly because i want to be the first owner of a car and i dont trust other people and what they might've done to it

financially buying a car a year or two old makes a good bit of sense, but i think the 'big value drop' is due to the fact that a lot of people put a lot of stock in buying a car fresh off the truck

as far as american vs. foreign.. everything i've read says german cars are the real bitches in terms of fixing.. not particularly reliable, and really expensive to repare because all the parts are in germany.. and i'm actually pretty partial to the japanese automakers in terms of looks+reliablity, the mustang is the exception

btw, those saying the camaro is awesome.. it has really bad visability, my buddy has one and the windows are TINY

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

not a hybrid, but my mom LOVES it.. i've only seen it and been in it a couple times, but it is really nice.. i'm just not an SUV fan.. its a very pretty car

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm pretty staunch for buying a new car, but its mostly because i want to be the first owner of a car and i dont trust other people and what they might've done to it

financially buying a car a year or two old makes a good bit of sense, but i think the 'big value drop' is due to the fact that a lot of people put a lot of stock in buying a car fresh off the truck

as far as american vs. foreign.. everything i've read says german cars are the real bitches in terms of fixing.. not particularly reliable, and really expensive to repare because all the parts are in germany.. and i'm actually pretty partial to the japanese automakers in terms of looks+reliablity, the mustang is the exception

btw, those saying the camaro is awesome.. it has really bad visability, my buddy has one and the windows are TINY

I just love the look of the Camaro. The back up would be the Charger. Love those too. And I could probably speed and get away with it since all the undercover cops have Chargers now. Hah

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had one of the Camaros as a rental. Didn't enjoy driving it. Poor visibility, as mentioned, plus the mirrors were under sized I felt.

Also felt very under powered (had the base model, told the SS is much better) and felt very heavy and sluggish when driving.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just love the look of the Camaro. The back up would be the Charger. Love those too. And I could probably speed and get away with it since all the undercover cops have Chargers now. Hah

oh i like the look of it too.. my friend did a good job too, he's got the navy blue with white stripes

i also love the charger's look.. that front end is FIERCE.. i just dont trust dodge reliablity