• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: AAA bent my car door

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think i might try to bend it back myself before i call them.. chances are they'll be annoying about it, especially since i just signed up w/ them last night (let it expire in april, damnit.)

Gaaaah!!!!! I don't know where this has gone (only read the first page), but the lawyer thinks that is a terrible idea. If you try to bend it back, you have a harder time showing the damage they caused b/c they won't know that you didn't make a minor problem a major one, etc.

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gaaaah!!!!! I don't know where this has gone (only read the first page), but the lawyer thinks that is a terrible idea. If you try to bend it back, you have a harder time showing the damage they caused b/c they won't know that you didn't make a minor problem a major one, etc.

As your attorney, i advise you to start drinking heavily.
-Dr. Gonzo

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also an update, i forget who suggested sitting in the driver's seat, pushing out with my feet on the bottom of the door, and pulling the top of the door, but that worked.

to calm elo's fears, there really wasn't a ton of damage, it was just kinda bowed out a little bit, and you could only tell if someone was showing you, or if you drove it.. the DIY method seems to have solved the problem, at least for now.. and considering it wont be my car anymore in like 3 days, i'll take 'for now' every time :)

update to the car buying story, strongly considering an acura ilx. test drove it tonight, got the salesWOMAN down to a solid price.. just sleeping on it to see if its what i want.. black exterior, black leather interior, 6 spd manual transmission.. its really nice, especially the interior

side note: how often do you see a car saleswoman? she was really nice and seems to be very fair too.. got the sticker price down to $300 over invoice

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also an update, i forget who suggested sitting in the driver's seat, pushing out with my feet on the bottom of the door, and pulling the top of the door, but that worked.

to calm elo's fears, there really wasn't a ton of damage, it was just kinda bowed out a little bit, and you could only tell if someone was showing you, or if you drove it.. the DIY method seems to have solved the problem, at least for now.. and considering it wont be my car anymore in like 3 days, i'll take 'for now' every time :)

update to the car buying story, strongly considering an acura ilx. test drove it tonight, got the salesWOMAN down to a solid price.. just sleeping on it to see if its what i want.. black exterior, black leather interior, 6 spd manual transmission.. its really nice, especially the interior

side note: how often do you see a car saleswoman? she was really nice and seems to be very fair too.. got the sticker price down to $300 over invoice

Yeah... they passed that law here a couple of years ago, finally allowing women to have jobs.
I voted against it, of course, but, APPARENTLY, Some jackass allowed the women folk to VOTE too, which skewed the results. When the he'll did THAT happen.
No who the hell is going to make me my sandwich?

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And welcome to Narth Cakalacky.
Did you get your complimentary fruit basket, gun, and bible from the town hall?

Maybe you and ill Biz can go to see the Flyers when they come to town?

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Price that same car as 3-4 dealerships. I bet she is not being that nice at all.

Last truck I purchased too me a month to get the right deal and basically I had 3 dealerships playing bidding wars on each other. I went to all of them and picked out a nice truck that I liked. Took the salesman's card and went to another.

Each one would call with the best price and I kept a note book on it. When one would beat the other 2 I would call the other 2 and tell them the latest offer.

Got it down to the final one and fibbed out one more reduction and picked it up the next day.... You just have to be patient and understand that game. I would suggest finding a dealer that does no haggle pricing as well. Even though they say they dont haggle they will. The better part is the salesman and finance guys are not on commission so they dont give a shit really. The finance guy is the one who can/will fuck you over if he has a chance. The latest purchase I made the guy ran all the numbers and I was happy with the results and ready to sign. he looked at it again and said " Hold on I think I can work this a little better" well he did and reduced my term by 4 months at a cost of a additional $1.00 per month. Basically saving me about 1700 bucks.

Used is even better to buy. They all want those used cars (low mile lease trade ins) off the lot ASAP.

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Price that same car as 3-4 dealerships. I bet she is not being that nice at all.

Last truck I purchased too me a month to get the right deal and basically I had 3 dealerships playing bidding wars on each other. I went to all of them and picked out a nice truck that I liked. Took the salesman's card and went to another.

Each one would call with the best price and I kept a note book on it. When one would beat the other 2 I would call the other 2 and tell them the latest offer.

Got it down to the final one and fibbed out one more reduction and picked it up the next day.... You just have to be patient and understand that game. I would suggest finding a dealer that does no haggle pricing as well. Even though they say they dont haggle they will. The better part is the salesman and finance guys are not on commission so they dont give a shit really. The finance guy is the one who can/will fuck you over if he has a chance. The latest purchase I made the guy ran all the numbers and I was happy with the results and ready to sign. he looked at it again and said " Hold on I think I can work this a little better" well he did and reduced my term by 4 months at a cost of a additional $1.00 per month. Basically saving me about 1700 bucks.

Used is even better to buy. They all want those used cars (low mile lease trade ins) off the lot ASAP.

coming from someone who worked in dealerships...

they know you were lying. :eyebrows:
And you probably could have saved yourself and everyone involved a ton of time and aggravation, and worked that all out in the same day instead of a month of game playing just by calling the other dealerships while sitting in the one you really wanted to do business with.
Just sayin'

"Give me your card and best price and I'll get their card and best price and whoever gives me the best price blah blah" guy :boxing: is actually pretty common.
And they all think they are the worlds best and toughest "negotiators",
*this is a general statement, not directed at you! :)
when in reality, it's all just a self defense mechanism and fear of getting "screwed".
When they all end up with pretty much the same deal they would have gotten by doing all the same things while there and ready to buy, or close enough to make the opportunity cost of time spent/aggravation of "negotiating" moot.

And I put "negotiating" in quotes, because that's really not what it is. Negotiating is when both sides work together. :eyebrows:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
she's brought the sticker price down to $300 over invoice.. then there's the title/taxes/fees portion which is a little over 1000 (~850 of which is taxes).. i really dont think she's gunna move off that

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Generally not that many Acura dealerships in town.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ah, okay. Glad you got it fixed.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And welcome to Narth Cakalacky.
Did you get your complimentary fruit basket, gun, and bible from the town hall?

Maybe you and ill Biz can go to see the Flyers when they come to town?

I feel like I got screwed here. I didn't get a fruit basket, they handed me a crucifix and a bottle of holy water instead.

Well, they held the crucifix out towards me and flung the bottle of holy water at me. And come to think of it they were yelling "the power of Christ compels you" the whole time, but I guess they just have some odd local customs around here.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like I got screwed here. I didn't get a fruit basket, they handed me a crucifix and a bottle of holy water instead.

Well, they held the crucifix out towards me and flung the bottle of holy water at me. And come to think of it they were yelling "the power of Christ compels you" the whole time, but I guess they just have some odd local customs around here.

i didn't get a fruit basket either.. i just got outrageous heat (100+, 90% humidity) for 4 weeks and a feral cat that just had kittens :noidea:

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
moreso than that, finding manual transmissions is harder than finding a needle in a haystack

Stick is fun... But I prefer automatic now. I get stuck in traffic too much, and driving stick is fucking annoying when stuck in traffic.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stick is fun... But I prefer automatic now. I get stuck in traffic too much, and driving stick is fucking annoying when stuck in traffic.

Yup. I much prefer a manual to an auto, but not when I'm stuck in traffic. I would hate taking my truck to sporting events because getting out of the lot afterwards would wear out my knee.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup. I much prefer a manual to an auto, but not when I'm stuck in traffic. I would hate taking my truck to sporting events because getting out of the lot afterwards would wear out my knee.

ya, traffic is no fun for sure.. while i was out in cali i was considering giving up the stick because i spent half my time out there at stop lights, and they were spaced so i would get to 3rd gear, then stop again. brutally annoying.

but in NC, i have a 25 mile commute to work, but its 95% highway, and against the flow of traffic.. cruising no problem :)

just called the dealership to tell them i was going to buy it tonight :)

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Absolutely.

It's great when you're on the highway or in the countryside, but it sure does suck in traffic.