• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: AAA bent my car door

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So to the NCHP and insurance board, speeding over 55MPH is more frowned upon that tying to kill your children

From the state legislature that forbids the sea from rising at a rate faster than it decides... nooooooooo!

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to be fair

there's too many people anyway

I vote for no speed limits or child safety restraints of any kind

Darwin FTW

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I started wandering around Craigslist in search of a usable car for the child-unit. First one I ran into looked a little odd, but it's the car she wants in the color she wants. It was a "private seller", but the picture looked to be taken in front of a dealer. Plus the ad said the contradicting terms "Needs some work" and "Mechanically sound". That's not weird though, because any time on Craigslist will seriously ruin your faith in humanity. Anyway, I emailed about the 2001 Golf GTI.

This is what I got back:
Hello,

Thank you for your interest in purchasing 2002 Volkswagen Jetta GLS, I am selling this vehicle because I am in the military and my unit will be sent back to Afghanistan. I don't want it to get old in my garage. The price is low because I need to sell it before August 24th. The vehicle is in pristine condition, no accident history, clear title, no dents or dings and no scratches. Always adult driven and garaged, never abused or raced and never smoked in. If you are interested, it's still available for sale and the price, as stated in the ad, is $1,800. I bought it when I was serving in Fort Belvoir, VA (the car is still there) and in case it gets sold I will take care of delivery. Let me know if you are interested, email back.

Transmission: Automatic
Interior: color: Tan
Exterior: color: Blue
Mileage: 105,729
Engine: I4 2L SOHC

Thank you !
Corporal Veronica XXXXXXXX

Oh no you didn't!

So I've spent the better part of the day going back and forth with the good Corporal. "She" will pay for shipping of my car once I pay with PayPal as a "Gift" because that's "easier" with "less fees". She has yet to pick up on the fact that it was advertised on Columbus Craigslist, but I said she could come to my office in Atlanta, and now I want the car shipped to Oregon...

So our hero soldier will be handed off to my personal finance counselor / accountant, a Mr. Randall Stephens (2 points if you get the reference) who will work with my inside man at the bank, who just so happens to be the pseudonym of my friend who heads their fraud group. And all of this is documented for another friend of mine who just so happens to be a FBI agent.

This dingleberry even happily clicked a link I sent them and asked them to "prove you're not a spam-bot". It's a server I have that presents a page that asks them to answer a question. Meanwhile, it silently profiles their machine. I know their address in Herndon Va. and their real roadrunner account login.

Scammers. Sheesh.

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello,

Thank you for your interest in purchasing 2002 Volkswagen Jetta GLS, I am selling this vehicle because I am in the military and my unit will be sent back to Afghanistan. I don't want it to get old in my garage. The price is low because I need to sell it before August 24th. The vehicle is in pristine condition, no accident history, clear title, no dents or dings and no scratches. Always adult driven and garaged, never abused or raced and never smoked in. If you are interested, it's still available for sale and the price, as stated in the ad, is $1,800. I bought it when I was serving in Fort Belvoir, VA (the car is still there) and in case it gets sold I will take care of delivery. Let me know if you are interested, email back.

Thank you !

So buy the car sight unseen.
Pay with paypal as a gift
Then theyll ship it?

Seems legit.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Owned.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a little bored today and I had a phone number. So I rigged my Caller ID to identify myself as coming from a number in Belgium and gave it a ring.

A guy answered, and I asked for the name of the Corporal. He stuttered a bit and I said "we know where you are" and hung up.

Gotta get my larfs where I can. Today was a shitty day.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like the look of this automobile...

vw-golf-r-hdr.jpg

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My tastes are a bit more eclectic.

12.jpg

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few we cannot get in the States...
vw-scirocco-prior-design-1.jpg

imgalfa%20romeo%20brera1.jpg

And one we can:
2012-subaru-brz-concept-s-2_600x0w.jpg

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I started wandering around Craigslist in search of a usable car for the child-unit. First one I ran into looked a little odd, but it's the car she wants in the color she wants. It was a "private seller", but the picture looked to be taken in front of a dealer. Plus the ad said the contradicting terms "Needs some work" and "Mechanically sound". That's not weird though, because any time on Craigslist will seriously ruin your faith in humanity. Anyway, I emailed about the 2001 Golf GTI.

This is what I got back:
Hello,

Thank you !

Oh no you didn't!

So I've spent the better part of the day going back and forth with the good Corporal. "She" will pay for shipping of my car once I pay with PayPal as a "Gift" because that's "easier" with "less fees". She has yet to pick up on the fact that it was advertised on Columbus Craigslist, but I said she could come to my office in Atlanta, and now I want the car shipped to Oregon...

So our hero soldier will be handed off to my personal finance counselor / accountant, a Mr. Randall Stephens (2 points if you get the reference) who will work with my inside man at the bank, who just so happens to be the pseudonym of my friend who heads their fraud group. And all of this is documented for another friend of mine who just so happens to be a FBI agent.

This dingleberry even happily clicked a link I sent them and asked them to "prove you're not a spam-bot". It's a server I have that presents a page that asks them to answer a question. Meanwhile, it silently profiles their machine. I know their address in Herndon Va. and their real roadrunner account login.

Scammers. Sheesh.

You've become cynical 43. Next thing you know you'll stop helping the exiled Nigerian princes

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who has way too much time on their hands, read the forums here. Fun stuff:

419 Eater - The largest scambaiting community on the planet!

A buddy of mine contributed there once. We had one of them convinced I was in charge of the Baltimore zoo and I couldn't get the account information to him because a baby Tiger ate one of the keepers. And that keeper is the one who knew the account number. We even sent him a picture of a Tiger with an arm photoshopped hanging out of its mouth.

I thoroughly enjoyed getting them to send us pictures.

Now I just do the covert stuff and find out where they really are. So it's been kind of fun messing with "Veronica".