• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: AAA bent my car door

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when unlocking my car after i locked the keys in it yesterday :-)L @ me)

any suggestions on how to fix that? anybody have this happen to them before?

the top right corner of my driver side door is bent out away from the car a little so it leaks air and is very noisy when i'm driving over about 40 mph

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when unlocking my car after i locked the keys in it yesterday :-)L @ me)

any suggestions on how to fix that? anybody have this happen to them before?

the top right corner of my driver side door is bent out away from the car a little so it leaks air and is very noisy when i'm driving over about 40 mph

Not the new car?

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And either way, how to fix that? Fucking call AAA. Make their asses pay.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless you signed some waiver (dumbass). Then you may just need to go to a body shop or something. Its a minor fix, but they will probably hammer you with some stupid amount. The rubber seal on your door probably just needs to be replaced (as well as fixing the bend in the door).

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This! They shouldn't have been forcing the door open to unlock the car. They have slim jims, should have used those. The tech screwed up.

If they won't or you don't want to deal with that, you will need to get a 2x4 or something, open your door, and then close the 2x4 between the door and the door-frame at an angle. I can draw a picture if you need, but you want the 2x4 to keep the door open while you push that bent out corner back towards the door frame. Basically they bent it away from the car, you need to bend it back.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awaz, if this is your new Mustang, I am going to personally come down to NC and kick your ass.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awaz, if this is your new Mustang, I am going to personally come down to NC and kick your ass.

its not haha, its the old car.. which means i dont care that much, but i'm selling it to family, so i dont wanna give them garbage

mustang has hit a snag with the dealership its coming from being asses.. i'm gunna call in a little bit

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This! They shouldn't have been forcing the door open to unlock the car. They have slim jims, should have used those. The tech screwed up.

If they won't or you don't want to deal with that, you will need to get a 2x4 or something, open your door, and then close the 2x4 between the door and the door-frame at an angle. I can draw a picture if you need, but you want the 2x4 to keep the door open while you push that bent out corner back towards the door frame. Basically they bent it away from the car, you need to bend it back.

i think i might try to bend it back myself before i call them.. chances are they'll be annoying about it, especially since i just signed up w/ them last night (let it expire in april, damnit.)

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its not haha, its the old car.. which means i dont care that much, but i'm selling it to family, so i dont wanna give them garbage

mustang has hit a snag with the dealership its coming from being asses.. i'm gunna call in a little bit

Is this some weird NC lingo? :noidea:

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think i might try to bend it back myself before i call them.. chances are they'll be annoying about it, especially since i just signed up w/ them last night (let it expire in april, damnit.)

Well, if you don't care much. I am pretty sure air is coming through because the seal is broken probably from them jamming something in there. If you replace the rubber seal on the inside of the door it'll probably be an easy fix. Just not cosmetic.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this some weird NC lingo? :noidea:

i'm not a fan of the salesman i'm working with.. but basically we agreed to a price on a car in DC, i wanted to sleep on it, came back the next day, the dealer in DC sold the car.. salesman said he couldn't find another one, so i left.. not 2 minutes after i leave, he found another one.. so i go back, we work through all the details and paper work for a car 'south of atlanta'.. got all the stuff agreed on, he said he'd call them in the morning and get the car up here (this was yesterday).. so i called yesterday and my sales guy said the dealer in atlanta had someone looking at it, so he wasn't going to release it quite yet, but that he'd call today to get it wrapped up because the dealer didn't expect to sell it

i'm very irritated when it comes to cars currently.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
translation: the dealership is being a bunch of dickholes and holding up the order :)

:thumb:

i'm not a fan of the salesman i'm working with.. but basically we agreed to a price on a car in DC, i wanted to sleep on it, came back the next day, the dealer in DC sold the car.. salesman said he couldn't find another one, so i left.. not 2 minutes after i leave, he found another one.. so i go back, we work through all the details and paper work for a car 'south of atlanta'.. got all the stuff agreed on, he said he'd call them in the morning and get the car up here (this was yesterday).. so i called yesterday and my sales guy said the dealer in atlanta had someone looking at it, so he wasn't going to release it quite yet, but that he'd call today to get it wrapped up because the dealer didn't expect to sell it

i'm very irritated when it comes to cars currently.

Yea, that sucks. Not looking forward to car shopping in a couple months. I really like that new Ford Fusion, but I actually think I am just going to go with a crossover SUV. It's more what I need out of a vehicle.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yea, that sucks. Not looking forward to car shopping in a couple months. I really like that new Ford Fusion, but I actually think I am just going to go with a crossover SUV. It's more what I need out of a vehicle.

oh that MF'er.. they sold the one in atlanta, now he's got another one, but i dont think its the one that i want.. i think i'm gunna tell him to piss off and go to a different dealership

:rage:

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh that MF'er.. they sold the one in atlanta, now he's got another one, but i dont think its the one that i want.. i think i'm gunna tell him to piss off and go to a different dealership

I would.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Subaru Outback. I always laughed at them, then drove one. Not a stylish head turner, but a solid crossover.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do it. Probably will get a better deal. Use the internet. Email a few dealerships telling them exactly what you want. Those internet guys can almost always get you a better price since they normally aren't commission but volume based. Plus you can hit 4-5 dealerships without having to leave the SportsHoopla

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Subaru Outback. I always laughed at them, then drove one. Not a stylish head turner, but a solid crossover.

I was thinking more along the lines of like a Chevy Trailblazer (if I can find one with low enough miles) or a Dodge Nitro. I like American.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do it. Probably will get a better deal. Use the internet. Email a few dealerships telling them exactly what you want. Those internet guys can almost always get you a better price since they normally aren't commission but volume based. Plus you can hit 4-5 dealerships without having to leave the SportsHoopla

:lol:

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I even dig the Chevy HHR's. Most people I know hate them, I friggin love 'em. lol