• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: 6th grader brings gun to school

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I own guns and believe in the 2nd amendment. I oppose anyone speaking of a total ban on all guns. No tragic mass shooting will ever change that, but I absolutely hate the NRA and their vision of the world, where there is no regulations, and guns are handed out like candy. Their vision is driven by profit and obsession, it's not common sense. It's not in my best interest.

It should be more difficult to get guns. Gun collectors who cry about having to wait long could toughen up or eat shit. There is no reason to flood the street with assault rifles with massive clips. Those are military weapons. No reasonable person hunts with them, and a shot gun or pistol is all you really need to defend your home.

But i feel this way with out any mass shooting occurring. Someone could do a mass shooting with any type of gun. It won't stop it, it will only make it harder, but the same is true fro banning all guns. Mass shootings are illegal that doesn't stop people from doing it, and it won't stop people from getting guns when they want them. I could go buy some guns off the streets right now as easy as I could buy weed.

And that is the goal of any reasonable gun control advocate. And to your second point; not if gun control laws were strictly enforced you couldn't.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how the butt hurt turn to personal attacks when they get upset or run out of words. Can't differentiate between an argument and an attack.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You do realize the only thing that has EVER stopped a mass shooting his a civilian with there CCW right? There have been several mass shotings that were stopped because of this. Two of which I know happened at schools.

I know you didn't intend this to be comedy, but it does border on it.....maybe a bit too sad to actually laugh about it. More guns in schools, yeah, there's the answer. No way that could go wrong!

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pivot, pivot, pivot, pivot. Let's talk about China now. Anything so that I won't be forced to justify ordinary citizens owning assault weapons.

No one (here) is advocating assault weapons. Jesus Christ.

May want you to understand the difference between semi and full auto, but that is it.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I hear this a lot.

You know a nutcase attacked a school in China last week? He wasn't able to kill anyone. This is because all he had was a KNIFE. He couldn't get a gun, and he wanted to kill people. China doesn't just let anyone have a gun though. Why didn't he use a gun for his attempted massacre?

Just because no one died in this knife attack doesn't mean you can't die from knife. A friend of mine was stabbed to death a while back. Ask prisoners how deadly being stabbed can be. jack the ripper? Some knife attacks are like the butt slasher and only cut the surface, but if someone really wants to kill they go for the jugular.

would i prefer a mad man with a knife over a gun? of course, but lets not act like a gun is the only thing people can use to make some point. That's extreme and not reality. What about swords? pipe bombs? guns are more convenient today so they get used, but if they weren't it wouldn't stop someone who is hell bent on killing from trying with other things.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The quote I was responding to said its pointless to pass laws regarding gun control, because gun control is impossible and criminals cannot be stopped from getting guns. Clearly this is not the case, China has successfully prevented this guy from getting a gun.

So maybe you want to pull the old "they'll figure out a way to do it with or without a gun" cliche out of the rotation, because its obviously not true. We can bring up countless similar examples from other countries that restrict guns.

China is a communist country that doesn't have guns in circulation in the first place because the last thing you want as a communist country is citizenry with guns. And as a communist country they have a tight control on there citizenry in the first place.

In the US it's a different situation because there are tons of guns in circulation. So if tomorrow they said guns are banned that won't change the fact there are already millions of guns in peoples homes right now. Nor would it change the fact their is always Mexico and Canada to go obtain guns as well.

So unless you plan on going communist and going door to door removing any guns people have a gun ban in the US would be a mostly empty gesture.

Last edited by a moderator:

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how the butt hurt turn to personal attacks when they get upset or run out of words. Can't differentiate between an argument and an attack.

So ignore him and participate in the more thoughtful aspects of the thread. There's no personal attack that has affected anything the pro or anti crowds have been saying here.

Unless you want to move on because you were on shaky ground to begin with.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that is the goal of any reasonable gun control advocate. And to your second point; not if gun control laws were strictly enforced you couldn't.

.....aaaaand you just shot yourself in the foot(no pun intended). I've known a number of people who bought illegal guns, and a fair share came from out of the country.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

how so? gun control laws don't apply to people selling them illegally in the streets. When i say in the streets I don't mean gun store, I mean out of someones trunk in an alley, or our of their closet. It's easier than you might think.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should hunting be illegal? She used guns for hunting. They weren't merely "toys," as some continue to call them. And that's another thing, people continuously calling guns "toys" projects an overall ignorance about firearms. Guns are not a toy, they are not a joke, and they are not only for committing crimes against others.

People need to stop thinking of issues in such black & white terms.

Well that's another question completely, but if you are asking me, my answer would be a resounding "yes" hunting innocent animals who don't have the means to fight back is unconscionable! Its horrific and defies human decency. And, no, she did not use those 20-round magazine fed pistols for hunting.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
In the US it's a different situation because there are tons of guns in circulation. So if tomorrow they said guns are banned that won't change the fact there are already millions of guns in peoples homes right now. Nor would it change the fact their is always Mexico and Canada to go obtain guns as well.

Read about what they did in Australia.

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

May want you to understand the difference between semi and full auto, but that is it.

Would you classify the rifle used in Newtown as an assault weapon? If so, you may want to re-evalute the first statement in this last post of yours.

If not, then whatever category it falls into should be banned and not just assault weapons as you see them, imo.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Just because no one died in this knife attack doesn't mean you can't die from knife

We're talking about preventing massacres. I think you'd have to be damn deadly to kill 28 people with a knife before they take you down.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you classify the rifle used in Newtown as an assault weapon? If so, you may want to re-evalute the first statement in this last post of yours.

If not, then whatever category it falls into should be banned and not just assault weapons as you see them, imo.

I believe the only time I ever said anything close to supporting assault rifles was when I referenced the mother of the Sandy Hook murderer using her Bushmaster .223 for hunting, as I was arguing the validity of calling it a "toy."

Could be wrong, though.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I heard the mother was a former employee. Again though he didn't need to be smart to get the ammo because gun control laws are not enforced. If they were, neither his brother or him would be able to buy it because these guns would be banned and consequently no ammo would be carried for them.

You guys can't even define what an assault weapon is yet you want them banned. Makes sense...

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bullshit, I call bullshit.

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's so funny that you pivot in a post that you quote someone for saying all you do is pivot...

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the only time I ever said anything close to supporting assault rifles was when I referenced the mother of the Sandy Hook murderer using her Bushmaster .223 for hunting, as I was arguing the validity of calling it a "toy."

Could be wrong, though.

And you aren't the only person to speak on the subject.

If you can provide for me another reason for owning a Bushmaster .223 beyond recreation I'd be open to another connotation. Until then I will continue to call it as I see it: a toy.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last I read is they believe that it was planned and there are plenty of losers without motivation or smarts that can secure drugs and if they can secure drugs they can secure guns.

And tightly enforced gun control is a fantasy. We can't even put a dent in drugs or gang activity even though it stares us right in the face. So what hopes do you have of tightly enforced gun control? It would be low on the police priorities who already are stretching their resources to the max.

But its not. One only need look at Western Europe and Asia to see that. Our politicians give lip service to gun control because they are afraid of the gun lobby. They pass legislation that has no teeth and that they know is not enforceable then beat the drun publicly for gun control; and that is shameful.

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys can't even define what an assault weapon is yet you want them banned. Makes sense...

I know exactly what an assault weapon is, and i'm not even talking about assault weapons. I'm talking about semi-automatic weapons that are clip fed. Ban them, there's no good reason people should own these. Society has once again proven they are too stupid to be responsible enough for something like this.