• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: 6th grader brings gun to school

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit, I call bullshit.

This is why we can't have nice things, and why the politics board sucks ass.

If you want to disagree with me, that is fine. I'm open to hearing what people say even if they disagree, but I'm putting you on ignore because I'm tired of seeing you do nothing but be a troll. This board isn't going to decide the gun debate, so get over yourself.

Feel free to think you've "won," cause I just won the sweepstakes where the prize is not reading your crap anymore.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The quote I was responding to said its pointless to pass laws regarding gun control, because gun control is impossible and criminals cannot be stopped from getting guns. Clearly this is not the case, China has successfully prevented this guy from getting a gun.

So maybe you want to pull the old "they'll figure out a way to do it with or without a gun" cliche out of the rotation, because its obviously not true. We can bring up countless similar examples from other countries that restrict guns. Australia's gun ban, and the related outcome and statistics, are a massive rebuttal against almost every stupid argument gun-nuts use - its worked amazingly well - and that's a country that is a lot more like the US.

did those countries already has as many gun in the streets as we have when they banned guns?

Banning all guns is just flat out ridiculous. I'm a hunter and I like to know i can defend my family against anything that comes up, weather it's a mad man, a home intruder, gang members I'm surrounded by, or a tyrant that needs to be over thrown. I can't kumbaya those problems away. Those problems will be shot with no remorse the second they put my family in danger. There is nothing gun nut about that. I view that as an entirely responsible use of guns. Let's not act like all gun owners are nutty now. We aren't all mass shooters. I've never shot anyone in my life and don't plan on it, but if it comes to that I like the right to defend myself on equal terms.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
And you aren't the only person to speak on the subject.

If you can provide for me another reason for owning a Bushmaster .223 beyond recreation I'd be open to another connotation. Until then I will continue to call it as I see it: a toy.

Feeding your family. People use it to hunt.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
did those countries already has as many gun in the streets as we have when they banned guns?

Banning all guns is just flat out ridiculous. I'm a hunter and I like to know i can defend my family against anything that comes up, weather it's a mad man, a home intruder, gang members I'm surrounded by, or a tyrant that needs to be over thrown. I can't kumbaya those problems away. Those problems will be shot with no remorse the second they put my family in danger. There is nothing gun nut about that. I view that as an entirely responsible use of guns. Let's not act like all gun owners are nutty now. We aren't all mass shooters. I've never shot anyone in my life and don't plan on it, but if it comes to that I like the right to defend myself on equal terms.

This

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why we can't have nice things, and why the politics board sucks ass.

If you want to disagree with me, that is fine. I'm open to hearing what people say even if they disagree, but I'm putting you on ignore because I'm tired of seeing you do nothing but be a troll. This board isn't going to decide the gun debate, so get over yourself.

Feel free to think you've "won," cause I just won the sweepstakes where the prize is not reading your crap anymore.

A discussion can't be made with you. You want to get cute and argue semantics like the definition of an assault weapon, rather than have a meaningful discussion.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that's another question completely, but if you are asking me, my answer would be a resounding "yes" hunting innocent animals who don't have the means to fight back is unconscionable! Its horrific and defies human decency. And, no, she did not use those 20-round magazine fed pistols for hunting.

Are you a vegetarian? Because if you aren't, the meat you eat every day comes from animals that meet your above description much more than anything you would probably ever hunt (unless you hunt in a controlled space like Ted Nugent, which I am against).

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TO expand, I live in a community with bears. We have to be careful what we throw away, and when we do it, because there are bears that hang out near my house.

EDIT: Also to protect livestock. Bears eat goats & chickens, and once bears come around they stay around.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Well that's another question completely, but if you are asking me, my answer would be a resounding "yes" hunting innocent animals who don't have the means to fight back is unconscionable! Its horrific and defies human decency. And, no, she did not use those 20-round magazine fed pistols for hunting.

With that statement I hope you a vegan. And no it isn't against human nature. It is the fabric of human nature.

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry, but no. Every hunter I've talked to, heard on the radio, or read about in the past few days said anyone who would use that rifle for hunting should have their license revoked and their head examined.

If you really believe those who hunt as their primary (or even secondary or supplementary) source of food are using the Bushmaster .223 and you aren't just stretching hard to find some manner of justification for it then I don't know what else we have to talk about.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Banning all guns is just flat out ridiculous.

It is, and maybe I needed to be clearer....Australia's gun ban highly regulates the most dangerous weapons and elements - fast firing, and big magazines - that allow people to do excessive damage when they snap. The weapons whose limited practical utility cannot justify the potential that they will get into the wrong hands and cause destruction.

Yeah, you can go kill people with a revolver too, but it is much more difficult to do a ton of damage with them, especially for the untrained crazies that generally perpetrate these crimes. Its the rapid-fire elements of assault weapons or the like that allow them to really do damage, and these rapid-fire elements have very little practical usage. Cost benefit ratio for these weapons is very bad.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Sorry, but no. Every hunter I've talked to, heard on the radio, or read about in the past few days said anyone who would use that rifle for hunting should have their license revoked and their head examined.

If you really believe those who hunt as their primary (or even secondary or supplementary) source of food are using the Bushmaster .223 and you aren't just stretching hard to find some manner of justification for it then I don't know what else we have to talk about.

Hahaha you really really just showed your ignorance. I know several people who use it to hunt. And do very well.

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TO expand, I live in a community with bears. We have to be careful what we throw away, and when we do it, because there are bears that hang out near my house.

EDIT: Also to protect livestock. Bears eat goats & chickens, and once bears come around they stay around.

See post #149.

These are all adequate reasons for people to own firearms. Still waiting for a situation that would call for a Bushmaster .223 though...

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep, You can't keep predators like bears, mountain lions, and coyotes away by having a philosophical discussion on why their actions are unacceptable. You can't keep them away by yelling either, they might momentarily run in fear, but once your house is marked as a food source that will never change.

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha you really really just showed your ignorance. I know several people who use it to hunt. And do very well.

Another "one time at band camp" argument... I love it...

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And i'm pretty sure they could do just as well with a bolt action rifle.

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, You can't keep predators like bears, mountain lions, and coyotes away by having a philosophical discussion on why their actions are unacceptable. You can't keep them away by yelling either, they might momentarily run in fear, but once your house is marked as a food source that will never change.

Again, justifications for guns, yes. For the Bushmaster .223?

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It is, and maybe I needed to be clearer....Australia's gun ban highly regulates the most dangerous weapons and elements - fast firing, and big magazines - that allow people to do excessive damage when they snap. The weapons whose limited practical utility cannot justify the potential that they will get into the wrong hands and cause destruction.

Yeah, you can go kill people with a handgun too, but it is much more difficult to do a ton of damage with handguns, especially for the untrained crazies that generally perpetrate these crimes. Its the rapid-fire elements of assault weapons or the like that allow them to really do damage, and these rapid-fire elements have very little practical usage. Cost benefit ratio for these weapons is very bad.

Well considering you can't go to the local gun stores and buy an automatic legally I don't see what more you want. I agree with banning auto. I agree we don't need 100 round mags. But people say assault rifles and have no clue what they are talking about.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well considering you can't go to the local gun stores and buy an automatic legally I don't see what more you want. I agree with banning auto. I agree we don't need 100 round mags. But people say assault rifles and have no clue what they are talking about.

:nod: