• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: 6th grader brings gun to school

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I own guns, I hunt, I also shoot trap. I still support stricter gun laws.

What will those laws you support do? We have been adding gun laws for decades. Never has it reduced a thing.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Homicides from stabbings are at a 30 year high in the UK.

Are we going to ban cutlery?

No because the primary purpose for cutlery is not to kill like it is for guns.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Realize, gun laws aren't going to change the culture in America. The 20,000+ laws for stricter gun control weren't imposed to punish abiding citizens, they were done for a reason. So, before advocates for guns say that arming your neighbor, teacher, and pet will make a safer America, obviously it wouldn't. (If it did, then we wouldn't have these laws in place) If gun laws can prevent anything, it's the effectiveness of shootings, but Congress needs to take a significant chunk out of guns that should be allowed in the hands of your average citizen. I'm hopping aboard what TobyTyler said about semi-autos and full autos needing to be outlawed.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No because the primary purpose for cutlery is not to kill like it is for guns.

That's a pretty a-hystorical way of looking at things. For centuries humans made swords and knives to kill each other with, and there is still a large market for pocketknives that kill many people around the world. What is a point of a butterfly knife? Some would say tricks, but then a similar argument could be made for guns and skeet shooting.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'm talking about semi-auto, almost all, if not all the mass shootings in recent memory were performed with semi-auto, not full auto.

Sorry that wasnt directed towards you. It was toward NN. And yes they were semi auto. Which means one bullet per trigger pull. What is wrong with that? I can see the 100 round mag being an issue. But you make it illegal, guess who still gets them

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if everyone is walking around with guns, i'll need to get a bazooka

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Realize, gun laws aren't going to change the culture in America. The 20,000+ laws for stricter gun control weren't imposed to punish abiding citizens, they were done for a reason. So, before advocates for guns say that arming your neighbor, teacher, and pet will make a safer America, obviously it wouldn't. (If it did, then we wouldn't have these laws in place) If gun laws can prevent anything, it's the effectiveness of shootings, but Congress needs to take a significant chunk out of guns that should be allowed in the hands of your average citizen. I'm hopping aboard what TobyTyler said about semi-autos and full autos needing to be outlawed.

Wait we have 20,000 plus gun laws and still have mass shootings! No way! You mean criminals don't follow laws? Weird. And you can't go get an automatic weapon. Just an FYI

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Your average citizen isn't commiting gun crimes. My lord people. You people have such a fear of guns, Yet know little about them. Nobody has answered this question for me yet. If you were at a mall and a pyscho walked in and started shooting people and the guy next to you pulled out his CCW and dropped the mad man, would you be happy? Would you be thankful he saved your life? Or would you be pissed that he dared to have a gun legally?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait we have 20,000 plus gun laws and still have mass shootings! No way! You mean criminals don't follow laws? Weird. And you can't go get an automatic weapon. Just an FYI

There you have your answer. Enforce these laws and they will work.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Petty laws, I'm suggesting outright bans.

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, you could say this about damn near anything. There isn't much out there people "need," especially when dealing with a hobby.

And if someone used a model airplane to kill people in record numbers we might want to take a look at those things...

Anyone who tries to justify owning assault weapons doesn't have much to say beyond, "I have always had a right to my toys, and I don't want anyone to take away my toys."

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
There you have your answer. Enforce these laws and they will work.

Enforce it? Please. They enforce murder laws and they happen. Criminals don't care what your laws are. Only law abiding citizens care about laws

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
And if someone used a model airplane to kill people in record numbers we might want to take a look at those things...

Anyone who tries to justify owning assault weapons doesn't have much to say beyond, "I have always had a right to my toys, and I don't want anyone to take away my toys."

What do you consider an assault riffle?

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Your average citizen isn't commiting gun crimes. My lord people. You people have such a fear of guns, Yet know little about them. Nobody has answered this question for me yet. If you were at a mall and a pyscho walked in and started shooting people and the guy next to you pulled out his CCW and dropped the mad man, would you be happy? Would you be thankful he saved your life? Or would you be pissed that he dared to have a gun legally?

It's a rhetorical question. The guy could pull out his laser beam cannon, I'm still thanking him for saving my life...

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Bans on what?

You leave these questions to the hands of experts and Congress.

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Assault weapons, not just rifles. I'm certainly not the most qualified to classify those weapons. But I would say semi-auto/auto with more than a 10 shot capacity? I'm not really the person who should be drawing those lines, but there is a line where a firearm moves beyond home protection or hunting.

Once it's a toy and not a tool the potential risk (unlikely but incalculably costly) far outweighs the potential benefits (recreation).