• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: 6th grader brings gun to school

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do know the UK has a crazy high number of stabbings, right? 30 percent of their homicides are from stabbings using knives, swords, screwdrivers, etc.

See, it does work. Theyb stab because they are prevented from getting guns. I'd much rather a psycho have a knife than an automatic weapon........so would any rational thinking person.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be my old man moment but it's sort of from the movie Friday. The problem today is folks grow up as pussies. They are not mentally tough enough and when they reach a critical point they turn to guns. I am not talking about the ones that are actually mentally ill, just the general public.

I really think a bit of it has to do with our culture's need to coddle and prop people up, even as children. Kids should learn that in life not everyone wins. Not everyone gets to be a star. Everyone has the chance but it's a combination of hard work, talent, and luck that determines your station in life. Instead of realizing and accepting this, we try to tell kids "Oh, it's ok as long as you try. Everyone is a winner. Don't worry, if you want something you deserve it; even if you didn't earn it. everything is someone else's fault." That bullshit is why our country is spiralling downwards...that and reality TV. So now, when someone feels like they've been disrespected, or didn't get what they "deserve", or weren't hugged enough; they like to find bullets.
Suck it up, deal with it and move on. (not directed at TT, just a general message.)
/rant over...for now.

That's Ok if you direct it at me because I can't recall reading anything on this board that so directly hit the nail on the head or something I agree with more. Well stated!

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what's Switzerlands? Every male is given a gun when they turn 18. I believe they have the lowest crime rate if not one of the lowest. Don't cherry pick what you want. Trust me if you were in a mall and god forbid a shchi came in shooting people, and the guy next to you is a law abiding citizen that pulls out his concealed carry weapon and drops the guy saving your life. I bet you would be thankful he had it.

Switzerland's homicide rate is .52, not as high as the US's, but still 10 times higher than the UK or Germany.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toby, the mother of the Sandy Hook murderer had pistols, which he brought with him during his massacre. If the government took away semi-autos, he'd still have the pistols.You're thinking emotionally instead of rationally.

Not under my plan he wouldn't. If you read what I said Iam in favor of banning hand guns. Many of those are automatic or magazine-fed weapons too and are easily concealable and thus in my opinion more dangerous than assault weapons.

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do know the UK has a crazy high number of stabbings, right? 30 percent of their homicides are from stabbings using knives, swords, screwdrivers, etc.

Thanks for bribing up stabling, do you think the parents of those school children in china would rather that nut had stabbed their children or had a semi automatic rifle like the one in Newton? 22 children were stabbed there, all 22 lived. This happened the same day as Newton, kinda crazy huh?

TheNinerMind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yup, and Nancy Lanza agreed with every point you made before being shot four times with her own gun. And she agreed with every point you made before her legally acquired semi-automatic rifle was used to gun down kindergarteners. Are random and obscure people acquiring guns through illegal means? Absolutely. But most gun violence occurs with legal ones. And the reality is that if you are a responsible gun owner who keeps his gun in a controlled space then you ought to have no problem passing thorough and rigorous psychological testing before acquiring a gun.

As well, I think there should be consequences to gun owners whose gun is used for violence - regardless of whether or not they committed the crime. If your gun was used to commit a crime and you have not reported that gun missing then you are an accessory to the crime.

Geraint

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not true at all. Please know what you are talking about. Germany has very strict laws and has 3 of the worst school shootings ever.

Thats the NRA style argument:
Other countries have big gun laws.
They still have shootings.
Therefore, gun laws dont work.
Therefore, America does not need any gun laws.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
See, it does work. Theyb stab because they are prevented from getting guns. I'd much rather a psycho have a knife than an automatic weapon........so would any rational thinking person.

Where the fuck are you getting automatic weapons from? At least know what you are talking about. You just can't go buy automatic weapons. Damn people. You are proposing new laws yet don't even know what laws we have.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where the fuck are you getting automatic weapons from? At least know what you are talking about. You just can't go buy automatic weapons. Damn people. You are proposing new laws yet don't even know what laws we have.

Perhaps it is semantics, but I consider a magazine fed pistol to be a semi automatic or, when manipulated, an automatic weapon and they should be banned.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Hey question for you. How many times has a mass shooting been stopped by legally armed citizens? Google it. How many of you that hate guns has ever used one? Been educated with them? Laws prohibit law abiding citizens not criminals.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Perhaps it is semantics, but I consider a magazine fed pistol to be a semi automatic or, when manipulated, an automatic weapon and they should be banned.

It's not semantics. It is illegal to Make a semi into an auto. You have to have a class three liscense to buy or sell auto weapons. Good luck getting one of those. But hey let's make more laws even though you have no idea what you are talking about.

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey question for you. How many times has a mass shooting been stopped by legally armed citizens? Google it. How many of you that hate guns has ever used one? Been educated with them? Laws prohibit law abiding citizens not criminals.

I own guns, I hunt, I also shoot trap. I still support stricter gun laws.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Thats the NRA style argument:
Other countries have big gun laws.
They still have shootings.
Therefore, gun laws dont work.
Therefore, America does not need any gun laws.

Never been a NRA member thanks much.

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not semantics. It is illegal to Make a semi into an auto. You have to have a class three liscense to buy or sell auto weapons. Good luck getting one of those. But hey let's make more laws even though you have no idea what you are talking about.

I'm talking about semi-auto, almost all, if not all the mass shootings in recent memory were performed with semi-auto, not full auto.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Isn't that the American way? :lalala:

Like Colbert says, we think with our gut, not our heads.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I own guns, I hunt, I also shoot trap. I still support stricter gun laws.

What will those laws you support do? We have been adding gun laws for decades. Never has it reduced a thing.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

This is what I have really come around on. A outright gun ban will simply prevent law abiding citizens from defending themselves against crazy people who won't play by the rules. These crazy people can and will get their hands on automatic weapons with illegal clips no matter what kind of rules you have in place.

Another thing to throw out there is that you don't tend to see these mass shootings happening in a state like Texas... you tend to see them in states with tighter gun laws.

The major downside to me of allowing everyone to have guns is the deadly accidents though - especially with kids.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Homicides from stabbings are at a 30 year high in the UK.

Are we going to ban cutlery?

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to know why someone would need a semi automatic rifle with a 100 round clip, can someone answer that for me?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Me, but my job required it. And I don't hate guns for those who need them like I did in my former profession.