• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - 2016 Brazil Olympic thread

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Study finds super bacteria in venues for Rio Olympics

Boats are turning brown in Guanabara Bay, something sailors blame on an oil slick that has entered the waters. Not so apparent is another potentially more dangerous issue: so-called “super bacteria” in the waterway that is resistant to antibiotics.

Researchers believe the bacteria entered the bay from raw sewage that has flowed in from tributaries from not only thousands of households in Rio, but also hospitals where the super bug is generally found. Issues with Guanabara Bay along with surrounding beaches were the studied by researchers as part of two studies, which took samples in 2013 and 2014.

Rio has made gains in water treatment in recent years, but only about half the city’s sewage is treated before it flows into the bay.

^
a population of about 6 million

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Study finds super bacteria in venues for Rio Olympics

Boats are turning brown in Guanabara Bay, something sailors blame on an oil slick that has entered the waters. Not so apparent is another potentially more dangerous issue: so-called “super bacteria” in the waterway that is resistant to antibiotics.

Researchers believe the bacteria entered the bay from raw sewage that has flowed in from tributaries from not only thousands of households in Rio, but also hospitals where the super bug is generally found. Issues with Guanabara Bay along with surrounding beaches were the studied by researchers as part of two studies, which took samples in 2013 and 2014.

Rio has made gains in water treatment in recent years, but only about half the city’s sewage is treated before it flows into the bay.

^
a population of about 6 million

Better get Erin Brockovich on the case, comeds.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice greeting at the Rio airport...

1920.jpg

Yes, but can one put a price on catching the Olympic spirit?

And if so, is it higher or lower than what you would pay to not be raped and burned alive inside a stack of tires?

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but can one put a price on catching the Olympic spirit?

And if so, is it higher or lower than what you would pay to not be raped and burned alive inside a stack of tires?

Before or after the decathlon is completed?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Canadian men's bball team is into the semi-finals of the Olympic qualifying tourney after beating Senegal earlier today. They have to win this tourney if they want to make the trip to Rio.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a lot going on there. Attractive and flattering outfits of both the torchbearer and security. The accident. The selfie guy. I'm usually non violent but the selfie guy needs a beat down. Not hurt real bad or killed, but at least made to cry in front of everyone.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a lot going on there. Attractive and flattering outfits of both the torchbearer and security. The accident. The selfie guy. I'm usually non violent but the selfie guy needs a beat down. Not hurt real bad or killed, but at least made to cry in front of everyone.
I heard his punishment was actually that they were going to make him swim in the Olympic pool

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opening ceremonies are on Friday, but we have women's soccer action later today including the Canadian women in action against Australia.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBC is streaming all women's Olympics soccer matches - Not sure if the stream will work for our American friends, but give it a whirl if you like.

Women's soccer: Sweden vs. South Africa

It does not :tsk:

But hey, I got to see an ad for an upcoming performance of The Tragically Hip. Wow, I moved south 16 years ago, but somehow it feels like I never left...

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does not :tsk:

But hey, I got to see an ad for an upcoming performance of The Tragically Hip. Wow, I moved south 16 years ago, but somehow it feels like I never left...

Oh and thanks to NBC, who I am sure is to blame for this. They don't call you the pea-COCK network for nothing.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBC is also streaming on their site. Had the SWE-RSA match on for background noise.

Live and Upcoming

Have to log in with a cable company/direct TV account though.