• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: 2012 NBA Draft

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And with the 29th pick of the 2012 NBA draft, The Chicago Bulls Select, Perry Jones III.

C'mon fellas, let's make it happen...!

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Atlanta Hawks - Quincy Miller/Fab Melo/Fetsus Ezeli/Marquis Teague(even though the Hawks don't need him)

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping the Hawks get Fab Melo thought trading Josh Smith to move up for Barnes or Drummond would be the better move.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
...and with the 5th pick of the NBA draft, the Sacramento Kings select...

a better city. :)

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hoping the Hawks get Fab Melo thought trading Josh Smith to move up for Barnes or Drummond would be the better move.

:nono:

I'm all for trading Horford freeing up some room to sign Smith (long/short) term but without Smith the Hawks don't have a chance next year at a championship.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OKC with the steal of the draft if the guy stays healthy. I'm shocked Miami passed on PJ3, but they already have Bosh who is the type of player I would project PJ3 to be if he reaches his potential. It's scary that the Thunder got him though.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OKC with the steal of the draft if the guy stays healthy. I'm shocked Miami passed on PJ3, but they already have Bosh who is the type of player I would project PJ3 to be if he reaches his potential. It's scary that the Thunder got him though.

+1

They have done a really good job of building through the draft. That could be the steal of the draft. Sullinger could be a steal for the Celtics too.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
People are talking about trading Al Horford and Pachulia for Dwight Howard

Giving the Hawks...

Teague/Harris/Farmar
Jenkins/Morrow
Stevenson
Smith/Scott/Johnson
Howard/Petro

Not 6, not 7, not 8...

arsenal6106

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are talking about trading Al Horford and Pachulia for Dwight Howard

Giving the Hawks...

Teague/Harris/Farmar
Jenkins/Morrow
Stevenson
Smith/Scott/Johnson
Howard/Petro

Not 6, not 7, not 8...

I don't see that being enough to get Dwight Howard. They would definitely have to add Teague to the offer and possible 1st round picks.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nun-a,
Nun-a,
Nun-a,
Nun-a,

BA-ARNES!

Whooooooooooo hooooooo Warriors!

Just try not to eff this one up like everything else.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see that being enough to get Dwight Howard. They would definitely have to add Teague to the offer and possible 1st round picks.

Horford, Teague or Harris, expiring contracts, the 1st round pick from Houston, and probably their own for Howard and Jason Richardson. The key to the deal is probably Dwight signing an extension though. I'm not sure if the Hawks are willing to take a chance on trading that much and then losing him next year.

I would still do the trade though. I think after Dwight see's how management in Atlanta wants to turn him into the hometown hero that Lebron is not, and after getting to play next to 2 of his best friends he will decide stay. Also, the Hawks would be in position to sign him to the bigger contract and the Nets will be in no position to make a run at him.

The Hawks after the trade would also be a spot to make a run at someone like CP3 next year if he does in fact become a free agent. CP3, Josh Smith, and Dwight Howard would make a scary combination. Even if Dwight leaves in the offseason you would be so far under the cap you would be able to make moves and rebuild the entire team. They could probably get a few picks or young talent by doing a sign and trade for Howard as well. It would set the franchise back a few years, but it leaves them in great shape to start the rebuilding process. If he stays though you jump to the top of the Eastern Conference for years to come.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Horford, Teague or Harris, expiring contracts, the 1st round pick from Houston, and probably their own for Howard and Jason Richardson. The key to the deal is probably Dwight signing an extension though. I'm not sure if the Hawks are willing to take a chance on trading that much and then losing him next year.

I would still do the trade though. I think after Dwight see's how management in Atlanta wants to turn him into the hometown hero that Lebron is not, and after getting to play next to 2 of his best friends he will decide stay. Also, the Hawks would be in position to sign him to the bigger contract and the Nets will be in no position to make a run at him.

The Hawks after the trade would also be a spot to make a run at someone like CP3 next year if he does in fact become a free agent. CP3, Josh Smith, and Dwight Howard would make a scary combination. Even if Dwight leaves in the offseason you would be so far under the cap you would be able to make moves and rebuild the entire team. They could probably get a few picks or young talent by doing a sign and trade for Howard as well. It would set the franchise back a few years, but it leaves them in great shape to start the rebuilding process. If he stays though you jump to the top of the Eastern Conference for years to come.

Honestly I think too much of Teague to give him away. The guy has some serious burners and when he's in the right mindset he's fun to watch.

Even with the loss of JJ I still believe the Hawks are Top 5 in the East with an outside shot at getting to the Championship.