• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Osweiler the starter

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, there wasn't enough from this game to annoint Osweiler. I agree that Peyton should not start again until he is 99%.

For me, I see Denver finishing 11-5 with Osweiler. Which is good enough for the regular season, but in the Playoffs I do not expect a deep run.

Osweiler's pocket presence wasn't that good. If the run game didn't work, I am not sure if Osweiler could win it.
I look forward to seeing the reactions after the New England game.

This is all true but I like the first game out .. if you add in that most most have left out ..

this staff we faced knew how to attack all of Oz's weakness it showed in the sacks they got ..

He still kept his head all game .

He was able to get all the team involved . All TE plays was a thing a beauty

He kept the O on the Field little better than Average .

understanding that they put pretty good pressure on him he never took iffy throws .. they were all open throws

His WR's probably gained some real confidence in him today he hit them in stride and they were open ..people don't get drops .. well you get hit by a Mack truck after the ball arrives you tend to be looking for a Mack truck ..

I think we see this the rest of the season if OZ's can keep up I am betting this week we open up the play book and a few trick plays ..

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me Clancy as a OL Coach this is how his OL the last time he had his shot with the Broncos OL progressed !! It was hit and missed all season long .. He has some fine players do what they do best .

I will hope for the best because I think as a TE coach he was solid for sure . but I would sure like him to get what he has playing in unison for more than one game Green Bay ..

My one real hope is this staff starts to understand what this OL can do and utilize it IMO Screens and Misdirection plays will keep us in games no matter the foe .

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screens is what this team has done well for years and when they let Beadles go so went the screens .. Well we got probably the best pulling Guard for screens utilize what he does and see were that takes us .. I think pretty far .

Also We need to work on RB's catching more passes in the open part of the sit down area in the middle of the field this is probably one of the best plays TD and Elway pulled off time and again that made D's really struggle in there minds what and how to defend because if you sent the safety and the RB sit in the middle of the field it was huge ass play ever time

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say if a Team has a MLB with his hair on fire ...that play is is only okay Junior kind of killed that play but how many guys are like that now ? not many ..

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, there wasn't enough from this game to annoint Osweiler. I agree that Peyton should not start again until he is 99%.

For me, I see Denver finishing 11-5 with Osweiler. Which is good enough for the regular season, but in the Playoffs I do not expect a deep run.

Osweiler's pocket presence wasn't that good. If the run game didn't work, I am not sure if Osweiler could win it.
I look forward to seeing the reactions after the New England game.

That is the thing though, with Brock a defense has to respect the mid to long routes and cannot sit in zone in the middle of the field or stack the box. That will open up run lanes. He also may be a little jumpy in the box, wouldn't you be with that OLine?

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I hear mention of the word " screens " one more time I'm going to hurl and then poke my eyes out.

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what Osweiler needs to be successful in this game and going forward is more screens....

:deadhorse:

:dhd:

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Movie screens
Window screens
Sun screen
Photographer's light screen

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well then cut DT that is what he is ...Screens !

Manimal Sighting

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
screeny meeny miney mo, catch a randy by his toe.....
but seriously guys...screens?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Osweiler did not go deep in the game against the Bears. I can't to see him fling that ball down field (if the offensive line will protect him long enough).