• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Osweiler named starting QB this week

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not exciting but got to try something.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that pretty much had to happen. Trevor seems like an alright QB until 'Siemian under pressure' in which case you just know he is going to throw the worst possible pass every time.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad it took so long to "try something". The Broncos' ship may have sailed.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the meantime the Patriots signed Brian Hoyer. He turned down an offer with the Packers.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor choice by Denver in my opinion. We all know what Osweillers ceiling is. You'd bump your head.
No one believes he is going to be the QB of the future. Give Lynch a week or so more to get ready and play Siemian in the mean time. Osweiller isn't better than any QB on the team.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor choice by Denver in my opinion. We all know what Osweillers ceiling is. You'd bump your head.
No one believes he is going to be the QB of the future. Give Lynch a week or so more to get ready and play Siemian in the mean time. Osweiller isn't better than any QB on the team.

Sounds like he would have lost the locker room if a change wasn't made so doing it to pacify the leaders in there.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Poor choice? Have you followed the Broncos this year?

Come on dude!

What choice did they have?

You don't play to lose the game.

The locker room was already a mess because we gave him until this long.

Did you not see the emotion on players and coaches faces during the game on Monday? It was embarrassing.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor choice? Have you followed the Broncos this year?

Come on dude!

What choice did they have?

You don't play to lose the game.

The locker room was already a mess because we gave him until this long.

Did you not see the emotion on players and coaches faces during the game on Monday? It was embarrassing.
I suppose I can understand that. You can't really expect anything better from Osweiller though. He sucks bad. They need Lynch to get ready soon.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we expect any worse though?

Lynch has been awful too. Not to exciting of a situation. I mean Osweiler did go 5-2 here in our system so while nobody expects it to be good you have to try it.

I understand giving Lynch one more shot before we give up, but he isn't ready to go right now and why wait and put a QB out there who is ranked 32 in the NFL in starting QB's and let him have shot after shot and fail? If Osweiler plays bad Lynch will be ready to go in a few weeks and then we can give up on all 3 and move on next year. But hey! At least we can say we tried and gave everyone their opportunity.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we expect any worse though?

Lynch has been awful too. Not to exciting of a situation. I mean Osweiler did go 5-2 here in our system so while nobody expects it to be good you have to try it.

I understand giving Lynch one more shot before we give up, but he isn't ready to go right now and why wait and put a QB out there who is ranked 32 in the NFL in starting QB's and let him have shot after shot and fail? If Osweiler plays bad Lynch will be ready to go in a few weeks and then we can give up on all 3 and move on next year. But hey! At least we can say we tried and gave everyone their opportunity.
I guess so. It just seems to much like a Browns move which scares me. QB carousels rarely turn out good results. The Browns tried to trade 2nd and 3rd round draft picks for the QB not good enough to displace Andy Dalton (McCarron). After they just spent an early 2nd round pick on Kizer 6 months ago.

Siemain won the QB job last year, had a pretty good year then won the starting job again. Osweiller has been bad for a long time. Actually, career number favor Seimian in every category.

But I do understand the need to do something. Especially if Siemian has lost the team.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How has Osweiler been "bad" for a "long time"? He has been bad, yes.. But for a long time? He's started less then a year and a half. Not exactly what I would call a "long time".

Neither is good we clearly have seen that. We have seen both have small doses of success, but not without a good defense around them.

Osweiler started one full year (with a different team) and less then half a year the year before (with us).

Siemian started 1.5 years now, so pretty similar to same opportunity in terms of starting (all with us).

I'd say their careers have been pretty similar in terms of success. So while you're calling Osweiler bad you aren't really acknowledging that Siemian has been bad also. They have both had their moments but sadly neither has had many good moments. I will say that if it wasn't Osweiler we wouldn't have gone to the SB when Manning was hurt, but I am also not going to sit here and call him the reason in which why we won the Super Bowl as he has pieces around him to succeed.

But when you look as bad as Siemian has looked the past 5 weeks you have to try something different. VJ has already started losing that locker room. I know one particular Bronco player who told me two weeks ago that the team was ready for Osweiler to get a shot. You gotta go down fighting. If something isn't working you can't just sink with it.

There is no great situation here at QB, but the good thing is. We give Osweiler roughly 2 games and if he fails then Lynch gets his final shot and we can say we tried everything to be successful this year ... If we can win with Osweiler (which we all are doubting right now) then well.... it means the change worked. I don't see at this point how you can keep sinking with Siemian and at the end of the year you leave players and fans wondering what could have been different had we tried something else. This way we at least know we tried.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was time for a change. I don't care if they put Chad Kelly in there.......I didn't want to see Siemian get another snap the way he was playing. Even though he's really only had 8 picks in this horrid stretch, it could easily be 12-14 if opponent DB's and LB's make routine catches. I'm pretty sure about 3-4 of those would've been housed too, so his stat line, in all honesty, should be worse that it is.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're going to Oz! Cue the yellow brick road...

Now if we only had real offensive linemen vs. the munchkins.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're going to Oz! Cue the yellow brick road...

Now if we only had real offensive linemen vs. the munchkins.

Hey last year we had a garbage Left Tackle and Right Tackle, this year we fixed our Left Tackle problem. Can't fix everything in 1 year.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 629.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know Elway is sick to his stomach watching our offense. I'm hoping it gives him motivation to go out and find someone in the offseason. Cousins could be had (although, he is pricey). There's rumblings that Brees could be available. 1 name that I would love to see is Alex Smith. They just drafted that kid Mahommes and they really like him. I could see Smith being available. I doubt they would outright release him, though. And it would be tough to get them to trade him, so that may not be too realistic. But John is a smart man, and usually gets what he wants, so you never know...

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know Elway is sick to his stomach watching our offense. I'm hoping it gives him motivation to go out and find someone in the offseason. Cousins could be had (although, he is pricey). There's rumblings that Brees could be available. 1 name that I would love to see is Alex Smith. They just drafted that kid Mahommes and they really like him. I could see Smith being available. I doubt they would outright release him, though. And it would be tough to get them to trade him, so that may not be too realistic. But John is a smart man, and usually gets what he wants, so you never know...
Some of us are starting to question if what he wants on offense is right though.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Paxton Lynch not that good or something? How come Osweiler is starting over Lynch?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A. Yes, he is not that good from what he has shown us this far. The job was his to lose in camp, and well... He lost it.

B. He is just getting back to practice after a shoulder injury suffered in PS vs the Packers.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in for a good dose of irony - Go Broncos! Go Big O!

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good news, fellers. peyton's making a comeback and he looks better than ever!
Im-Back-e1451923380565.jpg