• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Orioles At Mariners - 9/3-9/5

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To put us out of our misery, I just hope NY comes in here and sweeps the shit out of us so I can legitimately put an end to this shit show of a season and have closure to move on with bigger and better things like: Football, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years etc, etc,

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard on the news this AM that the county offered $135 mil to the M's and the M's graciously thanked them so I guess that must mean we're stuck with this organization that has floundered for years and will probably keep the status quo moving forward. Getting awful tired of the same old BS year after year. Worse record in pro sports.

Dam.... I was kinda hoping the new majority owners would be different, but it doesn't appear they are at this point...

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To put us out of our misery, I just hope NY comes in here and sweeps the shit out of us so I can legitimately put an end to this shit show of a season and have closure to move on with bigger and better things like: Football, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years etc, etc,

judge and jury(gregorios) out for NY...lol

but adding McCutchen....is not a joke

Last edited:

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guys you dont really want to sell off

would be
haniger..RF
paxton..LHP
gamel...LF
gonzales..LHP
healy........1B
diaz...........RHR
pazos.........LHR

Here's the thing and maybe I'm looking at this wrong.

Those pieces are all useful and can help build a team but is there anyone guy in that group you can actually build around and how much upside do those guys offer that we haven't seen already? I'd probably add Zunino and Colome to that list because they are still in arbitration.
I think the only two in that group I can really dig my teeth into is Diaz and Haniger. Haniger looks great at times but also lost at times. Diaz is having an unreal season, one that I would be shocked if he replicated again and also there's only so much value a closer can provide to a team.

Paxton is going to be 30 in a couple a months. He's no longer young and cant make it through a full year. I think its the time to deal him before anything else happens.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Those pieces are all useful and can help build a team but is there anyone guy in that group you can actually build around and how much upside do those guys offer that we haven't seen already? I'd probably add Zunino and Colome to that list because they are still in arbitration.
I think the only two in that group I can really dig my teeth into is Diaz and Haniger. Haniger looks great at times but also lost at times. Diaz is having an unreal season, one that I would be shocked if he replicated again and also there's only so much value a closer can provide to a team.

Paxton is going to be 30 in a couple a months. He's no longer young and cant make it through a full year. I think its the time to deal him before anything else happens.

i could see that if i could get two pitchers for one
but i dont see a team doing that unless they are as desperate as the mariners...

and the mileage on paxes arm is not what the mileage on felixes arm is

so i would think he would be good for another three..maybe 4 years

yeah i prob would add Z and colome
yeah diaz and haniger are prime time

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
best minor league guys....with the best chance of coming up anytime soon next year .......or the next

evan white 1B ......................modesto....Right handed batter /left throw
max povse RHP starter...........arkansas......already on 40 man
joey curletta 1B R/R...............arkansas
braden bishop CF R/R..............arkansas
eric falia..........L/L RF/dh.........arkansas
danial vogelbach L/L dh..............tacoma......already on 40 man
darren Mcoughan..R/R..start........modesto

these guys are why the mariners will have a good bull pen soon
matt festa RHR........arkansas.......already on the 40 man
david McKay...RHR...arkansas
wyatt mills......RHR...arkansas
art warren.......RHr....arkansas

anyone at tacoma could come up anytime though

if lewis could do well enough he could be added to the list...only time will tell on that one

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pressing questions for AL West teams

with oaklands pitching out they should be able to take advantage of it
but that is prob only a good ...for everyone else in baseball not the mariners

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no...it is to late to go backwards to go forward...and they would not get enough..for the players they have
with maybe...4 players to get...to make a better push

it is to late...the only direction is forward

and free agents and waiver wire guys

only maybe a trade....or two

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but i may give servais a promotion to the front office....and hire a manager...at least i would be deep at the manager position then

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's kinda the issue with how Jerry has constructed this roster and doing the rebuild and go for it model. Going into next realistically there is only 4 guys worth anything noteworthy in a deal in Diaz, Haniger, Segura and Paxton. But Paxton is a deadline guy, teams will pay more for him when they need him and overlook his injuries. No farm system, no real tradeable assets, future isn't shining brightly. This season in a nutshell is why Jerry is a terrible GM and upper management needs to be more involved. One god damn weakness going into the season and did nothing to address it. This team could had survived all the offensive woes had they not pissed away 15 plus games when the starters went out and gone their brains bashed in. And Jerry can go f himself if he utters the line of he got bullpen help to help the starters. You got one closer and a bunch of guys noone wanted. He makes it seems like he went and traded for the A's bullpen when he traded for Rainier's.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's kinda the issue with how Jerry has constructed this roster and doing the rebuild and go for it model. Going into next realistically there is only 4 guys worth anything noteworthy in a deal in Diaz, Haniger, Segura and Paxton. But Paxton is a deadline guy, teams will pay more for him when they need him and overlook his injuries. No farm system, no real tradeable assets, future isn't shining brightly. This season in a nutshell is why Jerry is a terrible GM and upper management needs to be more involved. One god damn weakness going into the season and did nothing to address it. This team could had survived all the offensive woes had they not pissed away 15 plus games when the starters went out and gone their brains bashed in. And Jerry can go f himself if he utters the line of he got bullpen help to help the starters. You got one closer and a bunch of guys noone wanted. He makes it seems like he went and traded for the A's bullpen when he traded for Rainier's.

mediocre guys wont cut it at this point...that is true...and he has basicly nothing left to trade that is true as well
so free agent's...have to be the way to go
cuz if he trades any more of the farm guys...fans will be screaming as well

maybin has not done well..duke has not either...warren is a good pitcher...and is about 50/50..for the mariners
maybin has not been worth bryson brigman....zack duke has not been worth ryan costello,and chase de jong
but i can live with it...but any more would just be to much

span and colome was good deal
sam tuivailala...is a good pitcher..so i would do that deal again

Last edited:

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. upper management needs to be more involved
That's a scary proposition given the guys in upper management. The best thing they can do is admit that the structure isn't working and change it. But they wont ever do that. No guy higher then the GM is ever external or a baseball guy so that's why the GM gets longer then he should and no one above him questions what he does. Unless its Ichiro, Edgar or Felix related because you know PR and shit.

2. Regarding how Jerry views the pen. I think his strategy could work if he had a manager who knew how to implement. But as of now you have a GM who acquires situational relievers for a manager who doesn't manage the pen situationally. How many times have we seen guys like Scrabble or Duke face righties when that's simply not what they are good at? Servais has roles for innings that are clearly predetermined so why give him situational relievers when he wont adapt.

3. The lineup is an absolute mess right now. Cano doesn't have a position. Gordon and Seagar make a ton of money the next few years and they are terrible. Cruz is probably the most consistent hitter but there is no point in resigning him I don't think, and why would he want to come back?. The catcher makes Mendoza look like a decent hitter. There are just so many damn holes and so much sunk cost that I really don't see how punting next year doesn't make sense.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
free agent i like for off season
jordy mercer...ss ..pittsburgh...to replace romine...and platoon with seager..and backup segura and gordan

nathan eavaldi...RHP..boston

cris tillman...RHP...on a minor league contract for texas right now

but there will be plenty of guys..like
ty ross
pat corbin
dallas kneuchel...prob boston will get him or nyy
garrett richards...
trevor cahill
for just a few guys

punting would make sense if they can not sign free agents

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think they will punt
at least till the trade deadline next year....when they can punt hernandez...if.. the team is not doing well then
and anyone else..they want to at that point

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. upper management needs to be more involved
That's a scary proposition given the guys in upper management. The best thing they can do is admit that the structure isn't working and change it. But they wont ever do that. No guy higher then the GM is ever external or a baseball guy so that's why the GM gets longer then he should and no one above him questions what he does. Unless its Ichiro, Edgar or Felix related because you know PR and shit.

2. Regarding how Jerry views the pen. I think his strategy could work if he had a manager who knew how to implement. But as of now you have a GM who acquires situational relievers for a manager who doesn't manage the pen situationally. How many times have we seen guys like Scrabble or Duke face righties when that's simply not what they are good at? Servais has roles for innings that are clearly predetermined so why give him situational relievers when he wont adapt.

3. The lineup is an absolute mess right now. Cano doesn't have a position. Gordon and Seagar make a ton of money the next few years and they are terrible. Cruz is probably the most consistent hitter but there is no point in resigning him I don't think, and why would he want to come back?. The catcher makes Mendoza look like a decent hitter. There are just so many damn holes and so much sunk cost that I really don't see how punting next year doesn't make sense.

Upper management needs to be more involved IMO. Not saying Snyder or Jones involved but enough to figure out why the hell this team is tanking. Asking why everyone in the world knew there was one key weakness to this team and it wasn't addressed all year.

Servais does suck at managing the pen but Jerry's entire premise of bridging the gap between starter and closer is futile if he only collects garbage relievers. Pazos I think tired down, I liked Colome and Diaz but the rest was garbage or so hit and miss like Vincent. To me you can't built your staff around average starters, average to below average bullpen arms then above average to great back end guys.

Punting next year does but I don't think there is real value on anyone except Diaz. I've said this before but it was so the Mariners thing to do being good this year at the deadline. At the deadline they could have rebuild their farm system and they would have had the best player at all the needs of other teams outside Segura compared to Machado. They could have netted so much. And the problem with punting this offseason is most of the guys on the Mariners rosters aren't offseason guys. They are deadline deals, at least the big ones in Paxton and Diaz.