• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Orioles At Mariners - 9/3-9/5

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry guys gota go...well at least i cought 4 innings

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oakland 7-0 over NY bottom of 4th. M's just don't have what it takes. Had the sacks loaded- 2 outs and Seager to the plate and flies out. Seager is a dead anchor weighting the offense down. Not sure who is worse to have on the team....Seager (.217) or Zunino(.190)? If I had to choose, I'd dump Seager. Z is great behind the plate and works well with the pitching staff. I'd rather have an average defensive 3rd base who can hit and contribute offensively. Error on Segura's throw and the O's tie this up at 1 each. M's are sucking against a terrible team? This is probably "custer's last stand" for the M's tonight.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How to confirm your season is officially over:

Choke to the basement Orioles.

Fucking useless

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So as far as we could tell the fight the other day was based on Segura calling Dee out on misplaying a ball, right?

Well Jean just singlehandedly gave the O's the lead with a throwing error and a fielding error. Maybe he should keep his mouth shut if he can't back up his criticism of other guys.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Dee with an error just because.

I say pause the game and just let these guys throw down on the infield. It would be a hell of a lot more entertaining.

AceKeptic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I move that we have an official theme song for this team:

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariners are just blowing it tonight. 3 errors this inning and Baltimore is leading 2-1 now. Have seen enough of this shit show tonight so bring on the Yankees so they can kick our ass around too. M's are just a pathetic team since AS break. Offense sucks and now defense sucks too. :doh: :nono: :trash:

AceKeptic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariners are just blowing it tonight. 3 errors this inning and Baltimore is leading 2-1 now. Have seen enough of this shit show tonight so bring on the Yankees so they can kick our ass around too. M's are just a pathetic team since AS break. Offense sucks and now defense sucks too. :doh: :nono: :trash:
Well, on the plus, we're sucking as a team now.

AceKeptic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cruz and Span homer to get the lead back...

And yet, there's still time for more errors on our defense.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had to stick around for the back to backers and watch Seager make the last out again. Home runs are about all this team has left and you can't survive only on HR's. Just too pissed off to even care anymore. Big deal...so we got a couple bombs. Wilson says the M's have their offense back now..:pound:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im a mariners fan through good and bad...so...im going to ..keep up on them no matter what

that said
boy does there Offence cuck...but they needed a platoon guy for seager and did not get one
they needed at the same time to replace romine..also a no go

i can give a them a break on the pitching till after the off season

but they will have to get that fixed

with young bull pen guys coming up...and the old ones they already have...the bull pen should be a strength next year
which leaves a starting pitcher to get.at mlb lvl..and depth at tacoma

really if they keep detwiler then they would only need one more LHp at tacoma..starters
and one more LHP at AA...that is not bad...MILB free agents will be available for that

that is doable in the off season....so there should be no excuses for next season

if they cant do it then ....i dont know when they will

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
images

yuup hang in there ..mariners fans.....we may have to wait till next season ...but there still may be hope
and the mariners minors is..... not quit in...a good position ......yet
where one more year could make a big difference

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"....so there should be no excuses for next season"

Yep, same old story for 17+ yrs . Next season? Can hardly wait. I wonder what excuses/reasons we'll be making next year? Pitching? Offense? Managing? I'm sure we'll find some justification to hold on for another "next season". Another dick tease of a season rides off into the distance. Thank you Ownership, Dipoto, and Servais etc for stringing us along for another season. :closed_2::hardy::amen:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put a fork in this team, they simply don't have it ... Orioles have 99 losses and you can't beat them in a series while you're in a race for a playoff spot ? That's pretty bad ...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep, same old story for 17+ yrs . Next season? Can hardly wait. I wonder what excuses/reasons we'll be making next year? Pitching? Offense? Managing? I'm sure we'll find some justification to hold on for another "next season". Another dick tease of a season rides off into the distance. Thank you Ownership, Dipoto, and Servais etc for stringing us along for another season. :closed_2::hardy::amen:

Now to make it worse they want 180 millions tax payer dollars for stadium renovations, they've even threatened to leave town... I say, pack your fucking bags... This organization doesn't seem to care about the community, just like there actions regarding the stadium for the Sonics at the SoDo district... A team that's been this shitty for so long then has the nerve to impede the community getting the Sonics back ? Let that sink in ....

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yeah...i know....lol..lol...lol..ha...and yet ...we... keep gitting strung along...lololol

the blind leading the blind ..or gluttons for punishment
(idiomatic) One who persists in an effort in spite of harmful or unpleasant results.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yuup hang in there ..mariners fans.....we may have to wait till next season ...but there still may be hope
and the mariners minors is..... not quit in...a good position ......yet
where one more year could make a big difference

They need to just punt a season so next year seems ideal. Enough with this partial contending each year. You have Felix's contract one more year, unless you really feel like spending which they wont then why fake it. Sell off some of these side pieces and don't resign Cruz. Nothing you can do will make you compete with the elite teams in AL. Oakland has managed to rebuild in 4 years. Bad contracts aren't an excuse because they have done it with a tiny payroll.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe as bad as the new orlean's(football) saint's back in the day....also called the aints...lol

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now to make it worse they want 180 millions tax payer dollars for stadium renovations, they've even threatened to leave town... I say, pack your fucking bags... This organization doesn't seem to care about the community, just like there actions regarding the stadium for the Sonics at the SoDo district... A team that's been this shitty for so long then has the nerve to impede the community getting the Sonics back ? Let that sink in ....
Heard on the news this AM that the county offered $135 mil to the M's and the M's graciously thanked them so I guess that must mean we're stuck with this organization that has floundered for years and will probably keep the status quo moving forward. Getting awful tired of the same old BS year after year. Worse record in pro sports.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to just punt a season so next year seems ideal. Enough with this partial contending each year. You have Felix's contract one more year, unless you really feel like spending which they wont then why fake it. Sell off some of these side pieces and don't resign Cruz. Nothing you can do will make you compete with the elite teams in AL. Oakland has managed to rebuild in 4 years. Bad contracts aren't an excuse because they have done it with a tiny payroll.

guys you dont really want to sell off

would be
haniger..RF
paxton..LHP
gamel...LF
gonzales..LHP
healy........1B
diaz...........RHR
pazos.........LHR

cuz those guys..are the future

and next would be
segura
gordan

unless you got a great club changing deal....then you might as well keep them

but unlike oakland they dont have a lot of guys at AAA and AA ..to keep trying out or trading

they also got lucky with there pitching staff(oakland)

manaea...now on 10 day disabled...but now a few of there guys are out
anderson....10 day disabled...having a good year
blackburn and triggs 60 day

trevor cahill..having a good year...one of the reasons

friers...... is about normal for him ..
133.png
August 6, 2018 Detroit Tigers traded RHP Mike Fiers to Oakland Athletics for Future Considerations.

why the mariners did not....you got me on that one