• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Orioles At Mariners - 9/3-9/5

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn’t agree with you more.... Even Shannon Drayer today was talking about how bad this team has been managed the second half of the season. And now she’s been second-guessing so many of their decisions... You know it’s bad when she starts to question the team with how devoted she is...

I'm sure sports talk radio has been blowing up with anger and every bit deserved towards the M's FO. Adding marginal talent doesn't solve any issues. The most glaring was SP and they did nothing to address it. I'm sure they'll spin it but the fans know the truth of this lost season.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but Herrmann is a .096 career PH...

that is a good point ...HEY THE GUY IS..096 PH

aside from that ...the mariners are not hitting well right now and let a bottom feeder of a team beat them...when they should be sweeping them...

a far cry ..from the team that was eating up the league in june

so as the baseball turns

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but also it seems the same ole scenario of do well in june ..then...slowly fall out of the race till by the end of august
they got no chance
so what has changed...??

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been pretty fortunate not to watch much baseball lately.
Just looking at the boxscore I can tell it was a banner night for Servais. But he is Dipotos yes man so don't you worry.
And also saw that Dee Gordon play on twitter. God that guy adds zero value to this team, so glad we gave up one of our top 5 prospects in a thin system for a 30 year old with a bad contract who cant do anything.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but also it seems the same ole scenario of do well in june ..then...slowly fall out of the race till by the end of august
they got no chance
so what has changed...??

Not much its been the same team. The starting pitching has regressed to the mean but other then that its the same old scrape across 2 or 3 runs and get the game to Diaz. Unfortunately we have a manager who has botched the game a few times. But even so this offense is terrible. Servais sucked last night but you shouldn't be having to protect a 1-0 against the Orioles. Make that shit 4 or 5-0 so one bad decision doesn't torpedo the game. If not for a shut down closer, this team is probably about where most of us had them, 78 wins or so.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Harley is coming out of the shop today after being tied up for a month. Thank God. A distraction from Mariner baseball.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much a wrap on this season. Extended contracts for Dip and Scotty probably means the losing record will continue on. No necessary and obviously needed SP moves made this season. Bull pen shaky at best with the exception of Diaz who, by the way, made the difference the first half of the season. I think Servais has made "some" growth as a Mgr in the last 3 years but I still consider him lacking the necessary skills and a poor manager. I hold Dipoto accountable for the decision to hire his "friend" to manage this team and the mess it has created. It just reinforces to me that the organization (ownership) just doesn't get it. I'll say it again-as long as we keep giving them profits, we won't see the necessary changes for a post season team. Why would they? Their attitude? : "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". (People......it is broke)

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn’t agree with you more.... Even Shannon Drayer today was talking about how bad this team has been managed the second half of the season. And now she’s been second-guessing so many of their decisions... You know it’s bad when she starts to question the team with how devoted she is...
i haven't followed the m's much this season, but this is significant

Drayer is usually an M's owner/manager mouthpiece, and nothing more. Over all of the years of inept shittiness, she's always been quick to praise the worst owners and managers in the league who work for the M's. For her to say anything negative is actually quite remarkable.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i haven't followed the m's much this season, but this is significant

Drayer is usually an M's owner/manager mouthpiece, and nothing more. Over all of the years of inept shittiness, she's always been quick to praise the worst owners and managers in the league who work for the M's. For her to say anything negative is actually quite remarkable.

Not only is it "quite remarkable" it also supports what many of us have been stating on this site over and over about the reality of the M's management. Not that Drayer's word is gospel, but the change of thought is definitely in line and confirms my thoughts anyway. Since Servais's arrival I have had concerns about his ability and lack of experience to manage a major league team, particularly the pitching staff. Not excited about Jerry's "on the job training" idea for the M's manager- just one more of Jerry's poor decisions.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we'll never know what actually tripped the implosion in the clubhouse? Tension between 2 players or even several players is not something that all the sudden pops up out of the blue. Not to pick on Servais more than I have already done, but I would think that a "good" manager would pretty much be in tune with the pulse of the team and what's going on with players attitudes/interactions. It would seem to me that team meetings run by the "manager" to encourage and allow players to vent/share feelings about all facets of the season's activities might be a constructive vehicle to avoid "family" fights and to help build a more positive team "spirit" while winding down the season and the expectations for the remaining 2 dozen or so remaining games.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No surprise that Servais makes this situation sound like it's something that occurs with teams from time to time? Then he goes on to make his typical responses-- making excuses/reasons for why this occurred. Take a look in the mirror Scott- maybe....just maybe, your management style just might have had something to do with the team's morale? Nah-what was I thinking?? He would never want to be held accountable. Maybe having a better handle on the team's morale might be something he might want to keep tabs on?

i can go with..having a better handle on your team...which i think servais needs to do

but...i also can go with what happens ..in the club house stayes in the club house
unless it is extreme...of coarse

for the most part ... i would let the players work it out...if they could not...then it is time for servais
to lay down the rules
if he can not do that....well...you know

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so you are saying this is scott servais....resume...if it is maybe he should go back to the ...office
no other assistant or coaching//managing..at all

kchuumm..cough ,cough...omg

cuz managing a video game team is aaaaa biiiit...different...than one with real people on it

Texas Rangers and Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim[edit]
Servais served in the Texas Rangers' front office before being hired by the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim as an assistant general manager in 2011.[4][5] When Jerry Dipoto, the Angels' general manager, resigned during the 2015 season, the Angels hired Billy Eppler.[6]

Seattle Mariners[edit]
Dipoto was hired as the general manager of the Seattle Mariners on September 28, 2015,[7] and second-year manager Lloyd McClendon was fired on October 9, less than a week after the season's conclusion.[8] Two weeks later, Servais was hired as the manager of the M's for the 2016 season.[9]

On June 26, 2016, Servais received his first ejection as a manager, asking home plate umpire Carlos Torres why he didn't ask the first or third base umpire to see if Shawn O'Malley went around on his swing or not. [10] He finished his first season with a record of 86 wins and 76 losses.[11]

Servais received his second ejection as a manager on April 16, 2017 after first base umpire C. B. Bucknor originally called Leonys Martín's grounder a foul ball and changed the ruling after Rangers first baseman Mike Napolipleaded with Bucknor that it was a fair ball and Rangers manager Jeff Banister was on his way out to plead his case.[12] On May 25, 2017, Servais received his third ejection of his managerial career on a questionable strike three call on Guillermo Heredia in the top of the sixth inning against the Nationals. [13] His second season concluded three games under .500, a record of 84 losses vs 78 wins, achieving 3rd place in the American League Western Division.[14

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0-0 top of second
same go bottom of 2nd

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1