• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Orioles 2024 Season

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hated giving up Ortiz but Holliday's arrival meant had no immediate home in our infield. Burnes arrival means DL could go. We have bullpen depth and likely where Hall would have been. #34? Ok. What am I missing?
Hall was probably going to end up in the bullpen is my guess if nothing changed. I think it works out great for Baltimore because Ortiz wasn’t going to be factored in with Mayo and Holliday on the cusp. Can always trade for a bullpen arm at some point as well if the front office thinks that there isn’t enough depth. Just hope Burnes performs as good as he has previously and with the new ownership hopefully getting approved, could get an extension.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hall was probably going to end up in the bullpen is my guess if nothing changed. I think it works out great for Baltimore because Ortiz wasn’t going to be factored in with Mayo and Holliday on the cusp. Can always trade for a bullpen arm at some point as well if the front office thinks that there isn’t enough depth. Just hope Burnes performs as good as he has previously and with the new ownership hopefully getting approved, could get an extension.
Wouldn't that be something. Things are trending in the right direction after a few decades suffering as an O's fan.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really hope they can sign Burnes to an extension, but am glad they are gonna get a year out of a legit #1 starter.

Burnes’s second half matches up well with anybody else’s #1 MLB.

Hell, so does Bradish’s second half.

Its nice to be able to have two pitchers (potentially) that can match up well with Gerrit Cole.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really hope they can sign Burnes to an extension, but am glad they are gonna get a year out of a legit #1 starter.

Burnes’s second half matches up well with anybody else’s #1 MLB.

Hell, so does Bradish’s second half.

Its nice to be able to have two pitchers (potentially) that can match up well with Gerrit Cole.
Also hoping Grayson Rodriguez takes another step towards elite. Key is getting ahead of batters for him. I see no reason why the FO cannot extend Burnes. I think we are working with a renewed sense of energy and money with this new ownership. Cal won't let them sit on their hands.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also hoping Grayson Rodriguez takes another step towards elite. Key is getting ahead of batters for him. I see no reason why the FO cannot extend Burnes. I think we are working with a renewed sense of energy and money with this new ownership. Cal won't let them sit on their hands.
I hope these new owners can find a way to get it done if he succeeds and fits in here. I think the Boras factor will play a huge part since he loves taking his clients to the market to get top dollar.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope these new owners can find a way to get it done if he succeeds and fits in here. I think the Boras factor will play a huge part since he loves taking his clients to the market to get top dollar.
Perhaps you are right and winning is the cure to all. I think the impression this team makes on Burnes will ultimately dictate what happens. If, and that is a big If, they play as hard as they did last year with similar success, "others" will also want to be in Baltimore moving forward.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps you are right and winning is the cure to all. I think the impression this team makes on Burnes will ultimately dictate what happens. If, and that is a big If, they play as hard as they did last year with similar success, "others" will also want to be in Baltimore moving forward.
I think that’ll also depend on how willing these new owners are to spend money.
As for Burnes, I’m hoping it’s not a Flaherty situation where it didn’t seem like he even wanted to be there and bolted as quick as he could.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that’ll also depend on how willing these new owners are to spend money.
As for Burnes, I’m hoping it’s not a Flaherty situation where it didn’t seem like he even wanted to be there and bolted as quick as he could.
You are not kidding, Flaherty was simply not good.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ulmax.mariners..
Menace.....
What you guys think..
Snell or montgomry.to.baltimore..????.
Is there a chance.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ulmax.mariners..
Menace.....
What you guys think..
Snell or montgomry.to.baltimore..????.
Is there a chance.
I wouldn’t expect it to be honest. I think if Means comes back at a decent time, Wells has shown he can be fine to fill a slot in the first half. It’s Irvin that I really worry about though. I prefer him in long relief.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think this is acceptable. This fan base has famished under Angelos for decades. Our #2 goes down, likely for the year, are you really going to tell the rest of the team and fan base, were really going for it this year even though we lost 2 starters. You cannot count on Means, he was injured came back, and injured again.
I'm not saying sign Montgomery or Snell but you have plenty of assets to get a Luzardo deal done. Offer Mateo and a top 20 prospect and there you have it.
They didn't get any help pitching last year and we all knew this team was ready. Look what happened. Astonished they went and got Burnes but with the Bradish injury, there has to be a replacement level type for him. That is not on the roster currently.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe its me.but.will.this rotation really.
Do...
The way I think.of it ya need.8 pitchers.
3 extras
The answer is yes, with no injuries. Unfortunately, injuries already.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feel like whenever Jackson comes up, it’s got to be Mateo that loses his roster spot. You already have four infielders (five if you count O’Hearn) and figure he’s the one likely to be traded or cut.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have discovered early that Irvin and Wells just plain suck. We definitely need another top arm in our rotation or the season will end much like last year. Burnes was an extremely good pickup for the top of the rotation but nothing else. Bradish may come back, may get hurt again who knows. Rodriguez and Kremer are serviceable. Not much else to count on.

The window is open for a WS appearance now, go get some pitching Elias!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn’t expect it to be honest. I think if Means comes back at a decent time, Wells has shown he can be fine to fill a slot in the first half. It’s Irvin that I really worry about though. I prefer him in long relief.
Wells and Irvin are not starters

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont knownif rodriguez is only serviceable. He looked great his first two starts, but not good this last time.

Irvin is flat out bad, and Wells is not a starter.