• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oregon / Oklahoma discussing home and home

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course. The only reason I mentioned a lab is because my Uncle had a fantastic bird lab.

Her name was Gin. Awesome dog.

But I love German Shorthairs.

That's what I run. Princess is a bird finding bitch.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 25

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Care to be my guide? I'll provide the dogs.

It's just west on 160 out of Coldwater to 83 south, 51 west to 56 west to the Cimmaron grasslands. And I have a rancher friend over there who lets me hunt anytime I want on his land. About 100 miles west of Coldwater. Or you could just come up to my hometown and save an hours driving time from Norman. If you really want to let me know, there are square miles to hunt on the grasslands, all public. Be advised though those scaled quail are quite different from bobwhites...they like to run instead of flushing and you better get them on covey rise if they do flush. Not too sure what the season looks like right now, keep waiting for the KDPW report to come out, though it should be better than the last two seasons.

Plenty of good hotels here but some are booked solid for opening weekend.

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Oregon Hippy/Hipster/part time redneck was looking for mushrooms, and yes.... Fell face first into an Oky cow patty.

Oklahoma is bad place to go searching for magic mushrooms. Should've went up to Washington.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just west on 160 out of Coldwater to 83 south, 51 west to 56 west to the Cimmaron grasslands. And I have a rancher friend over there who lets me hunt anytime I want on his land. About 100 miles west of Coldwater. Or you could just come up to my hometown and save an hours driving time from Norman. If you really want to let me know, there are square miles to hunt on the grasslands, all public. Be advised though those scaled quail are quite different from bobwhites...they like to run instead of flushing and you better get them on covey rise if they do flush. Not too sure what the season looks like right now, keep waiting for the KDPW report to come out, though it should be better than the last two seasons.

Plenty of good hotels here but some are booked solid for opening weekend.

I've hunted Blues out west of Guymon and they are a different animal entirely. If you've got a spot to hunt with birds on it, I'll provide the dogs. You just let me know. I've also got some great spots for bobs here in Oklahoma and a couple in Kansas.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've hunted Blues out west of Guymon and they are a different animal entirely. If you've got a spot to hunt with birds on it, I'll provide the dogs. You just let me know. I've also got some great spots for bobs here in Oklahoma and a couple in Kansas.

I used to hunt bobwhites on family land west of Tulsa all the time when I was younger. Haven't hunted there in years though, my cousin says the birds are not as thick as they were when we were young.

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you guys are the ones that have shot all the prairie chickens in oklahoma.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to hunt bobwhites on family land west of Tulsa all the time when I was younger. Haven't hunted there in years though, my cousin says the birds are not as thick as they were when we were young.

Not in that area especially. The bird numbers plummeted due to the drought in the last couple years, and up until 3 years ago I'd average a limit about half the time. It the numbers took a bump last year and this year looks pretty good as well with the weather and all. I'm really looking forward to this season.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There are always birds but some years there are more than others. The drought up here really hurt the birds the last 3 years. Last year it wasn't even worth going out to hunt. That's why I want to see what the official forecast is for this area. If it hasn't rebounded much it is really not worth it unless you just like to walk a long ways to find a few birds...if we get another mild spring or two it should be a lot better.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are always birds but some years there are more than others. The drought up here really hurt the birds the last 3 years. Last year it wasn't even worth going out to hunt. That's why I want to see what the official forecast is for this area. If it hasn't rebounded much it is really not worth it unless you just like to walk a long ways to find a few birds...if we get another mild spring or two it should be a lot better.

This season has been pretty good I think. I'm really looking forward to this year.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just hoping this cool weather is an anomaly because I really want some hot days to hunt dove in the evening come dove season. If the ones out in the country are as fat as the ones I've been seeing around town the dove will be good eating this year. :D

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just hoping this cool weather is an anomaly because I really want some hot days to hunt dove in the evening come dove season. If the ones out in the country are as fat as the ones I've been seeing around town the dove will be good eating this year. :D

Apparently it hasn't been hot enough to drive the dove farther north cause I've been seeing a ton up here. I'm ready for dove and September teal.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this was a football page

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will come back, hopefully this trip will be competitive instead of an ass kicking.

But does it still smell like cow shit everywhere u go?

not as long as you clean yer boots before you get on the plane, LOL!~

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great to see two strong programs want to play each other. I wonder if it's a home and home being discussed or if there is some idiot in the room trying to convince them that a single neutral game is much better than playing a game at each school ( what a crock).