• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas and Oklahoma to the SEC?

jarringjev

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're on praying ground and interceding terms, pray that we go to the ACC. Otherwise plan B is an expanded Big 12 with Mike's suggestions of Boise State, BYU, Cincinnati, and UCF. But I don't think plan B will happen because the ACC, Big, and PAC 12 will want to keep up with the SEC in numbers. I agree with what Dad posted today.

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think the B12 is dead, poor reactionary leadership has sunk it. The new TV deal, whenever it happens will not pay much more than the AAC, which has much better leadership. I see Kansas and ISU to the big as a done deal, I see OSU and at least one of the Texas schools to the pac. I see WVU, KSU, TT, TCU, Baylor all scrambling to get that second spot in the pac, and Lyons and Gee making a fevered pitch to the ACC. Realistically I see us and KState left out in the cold.
Not going to happen, the AAC pays out around 7 million a year to the top members, they have said OK and Texas bring in around half the revenue in the Big 12, That still leaves a payout of around 18-20 million per school. The other teams will jump, to double their money and have access to the power 5. The Big 12 has anatomy of the Power 5, the ACC commissioner has already said on record the Big 12 is important and need to remain that way.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going to happen, the AAC pays out around 7 million a year to the top members, they have said OK and Texas bring in around half the revenue in the Big 12, That still leaves a payout of around 18-20 million per school. The other teams will jump, to double their money and have access to the power 5. The Big 12 has anatomy of the Power 5, the ACC commissioner has already said on record the Big 12 is important and need to remain that way.
The b12 is no longer power 5.....when the acc, big and pac made their alliance without the b12 the fate was sealed. The next b12 tv contract will be aac type money.

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The b12 is no longer power 5.....when the acc, big and pac made their alliance without the b12 the fate was sealed. The next b12 tv contract will be aac type money.
The conferences that comprise the Power Five are designated by the NCAA, individually by name, as "autonomy conferences". Section 5.3.2.1 of the NCAA Constitution grants such conferences autonomy "to permit the use of resources to advance the legitimate educational or athletics-related needs of student-athletes and for legislative changes that will otherwise enhance student-athlete well-being". Eleven areas of autonomy are listed, including promotional activities unrelated to athletics participation, pre-enrollment expenses and support, and financial aid.[5]

"We want and need the Big 12 to do well. The Big 12 matters in college athletics. The Big 12 matters in Power Five athletics and our FBS group," Phillips said. "… We'll be watching what occurs here. Obviously, this transition isn't supposed to be taking place for another four years, but this group in particular will be very interested to see what happens and do everything we can to try and make sure college athletics looks similar to what it is today."

“We estimate that OU and Texas participation in our television rights agreement is something approaching 50 percent of the value...” Bowlsby said. “So you can roughly look at at least $14 million per school in a new day without similar replacements for the two that are leaving.”

The Big 12 will remain a Power 5 Conference, they will expand and ad the best of the Group of 5. The revenue in the AAC will be half of what the remaining Big 12 teams will be worth. I think when all is said and done, yes the Big 12 will be making less than they are now, but will be a very competitive conference, will make more than double the money as the AAC, Face it the ACC doesn't want WVU, and unless ND goes full in with the ACC, WVU will never get an invite.

jarringjev

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One way to prove the big 12 has good teams is a team besides OU or Texas win the championship. It is a tall order but it can be done.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The conferences that comprise the Power Five are designated by the NCAA, individually by name, as "autonomy conferences". Section 5.3.2.1 of the NCAA Constitution grants such conferences autonomy "to permit the use of resources to advance the legitimate educational or athletics-related needs of student-athletes and for legislative changes that will otherwise enhance student-athlete well-being". Eleven areas of autonomy are listed, including promotional activities unrelated to athletics participation, pre-enrollment expenses and support, and financial aid.[5]

"We want and need the Big 12 to do well. The Big 12 matters in college athletics. The Big 12 matters in Power Five athletics and our FBS group," Phillips said. "… We'll be watching what occurs here. Obviously, this transition isn't supposed to be taking place for another four years, but this group in particular will be very interested to see what happens and do everything we can to try and make sure college athletics looks similar to what it is today."

“We estimate that OU and Texas participation in our television rights agreement is something approaching 50 percent of the value...” Bowlsby said. “So you can roughly look at at least $14 million per school in a new day without similar replacements for the two that are leaving.”

The Big 12 will remain a Power 5 Conference, they will expand and ad the best of the Group of 5. The revenue in the AAC will be half of what the remaining Big 12 teams will be worth. I think when all is said and done, yes the Big 12 will be making less than they are now, but will be a very competitive conference, will make more than double the money as the AAC, Face it the ACC doesn't want WVU, and unless ND goes full in with the ACC, WVU will never get an invite.
The BE was also a power 6 conference.....so why is the AAC not? The B12 is not a power conference once Oklahoma and Texas leave, period. Classic example of name over game...texas has not done squat since they canned Mack. Yet are still viewed as great.

jarringjev

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read a 247 sports article Big 12 is looking to add BYU, Cincinnati, UCF, and Houston for what its worth. Three of the four could be decent additions. Also three of the four are better than Texas but that's not saying a lot.