• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oregon is going to whip Michigan State

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am notorious for starting 1 epic thread before each season that needs to be bumped to show how completely stupid I am.

Sorry if this is the one, Oregon fans :dhd:

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If MSU doesn't turn the ball over and can play smash mouth against the Ducks, they stand a shot at this game.

That being said, the game is at Auschwitz, and it's a suckass environment for any visiting team and especially visiting fans.

Eugene offers the same entertainment and nightlife as Afghanistan so you might as well fly in the morning of the game and leave town on the first flight out after. The less time in that sinkhole, the better. The unfortunate MSU fans that make the trip are going to get a crash course in Duck fans behavior and why they're continuously voted the worst in the entire NCAA.

Has UDUB/Oregon always been a fierce rivalry? Or is this something that has flared up recently like Bama/LSU? I've always known UDUB/WAZZU and OSU/UO were pretty fierce rivals......

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has UDUB/Oregon always been a fierce rivalry? Or is this something that has flared up recently like Bama/LSU? I've always known UDUB/WAZZU and OSU/UO were pretty fierce rivals......

It is odd. It might be a SportsHoopla thing. It's been rare that both have been good at the same time. Both have instate rivals. Maybe it's a little brother thing. Washington ran the Northwest for a long time. Oregon has had it in recent years.

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Washington still owns that tired ass 58-43-5

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is odd. It might be a SportsHoopla thing. It's been rare that both have been good at the same time. Both have instate rivals. Maybe it's a little brother thing. Washington ran the Northwest for a long time. Oregon has had it in recent years.

It isn't a SportsHoopla or recent thing. It is years of getting beat to a pulp by those Fuskies with their prick fans rubbing it in our faces.

Now?...... Times have changed and lil brother grew up to. He bigger and badder and have skull drug them 10 straight years by an avg of 23 points and they can't handle it.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon vs UDuh is way more fierce than OSU and WSU and always has been.

I don't even mind the Beavs.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They were a doormat for most of the last century in every sport besides track and field till Uncle Phil said enoughs enough and whipped out the checkbook. Uncle Phil runs the biggest sports apparel and equipment company on the planet. Oregon stinking up the joint in most sports was obviously bad for business.

Our traditional rival has always been WSU.

It's only once Phil started buying them some Ws in the PAC that we found out how much inferiority complex the Ducks were wracked with over UW and USC. Before this, we just treated them like any other team in the PAC.

Trying to figure it out, it's pretty much this:

Since all this money has quickly poured in from one billionaire booster, the Ducks have developed this "us against the world" victim hood thing. A lot of it is carefully orchestrated gimmicks by Nike to bring attention to themselves and promote that victim hood culture.

So thus OSU wasn't grand enough to have the biggest rivalry with anymore. Since we were the traditional power in the PACNW, they targeted us first. But now it's not just us that they hate, but anyone else in the PAC. They seem to also barf out a lot of hate at USC and Stanford too lately. Anyone who rolls their eyes at their gimmicks and B.S. This attitude is why their fans are such Aholes to visitors from any other team when playing at home. It's like when someone in a trailer park who breeds with siblings wins the lottery. In many cases, money doesn't buy class. It actually turns them into even bigger Aholes because their prosperity didn't develop naturally or with hard work.

And now their hate is spewed at pretty much any other team in the NCAA who has facilities on par with what Phil built for them or bigger stadiums.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot - the Huskies have taking the blueprint and copying it to a tee

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Started in the 50's. Several big issues in the past. Oregon never forgave UW for 'voting' for Cal as a tie breaker (dumb as way to solve a conference tie) one year. Ducks thought NW teams should 'stick together'. Guess they were looking for team NW or something :noidea:

After that Oregon was obsessed with UW and tried to turn them in for every damn thing they could dream up for decades after.

The hate runs deep and spans a few generations of students/fans.

As you can see by this thread the ducks beating UW for the last 10 years hasn't slowed them down one bit. They are completely and totally obsessed with us. Can't carry on a thread without bringing us up. Kind of sad, but that's the life of a duck.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet I haven't brought up the 10 year curb stomping in this thread you did, thanks for the reminder. :wink::wink:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next year @ East Lansing. That is how home and homes work out here.

One team plays on the road, and shortly after the favor is returned.

Also, our conference has the Ducks playing 5 road and 4 home this year, next year the opposite.

You have to excuse 'Bama fans. They don't know no better. They have been taught that home and home means you play both games at their home.:lol:

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to excuse 'Bama fans. They don't know no better. They have been taught that home and home means you play both games at their home.:lol:

HA! I like it. A new meaning to home and...... Home........again

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do I REALLY have to point out it was a joke to start with? Thus the :dhd:.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, guess I ruined it.

:doh: