• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oregon facilities. As good as advertised?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure thing.....

Here is one of the personal trainers standing in front of the new player's lounge that is being built.

bubbles-trailer-park-boys-1024x576.png

Nice.

Got one of the training table? Athletes gotta eat.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They must be lacking any kind of strength training apparatus at this facility.....why is it that their players are so small especially on the LOS.....sorry but if they played in the SEC week in and week out they would be physically dominated and be a 4-8 team....Stanford proved this last year and their coach is smart enough to build his team around strength. Seems like LSU also took the Lame Ducks to the woodshed a couple of time in the last few years.

Allow me to point out that you should pay closer attention and not spout off about what you heard the dude at the bar say. Think for yourself. Its liberating. DO some research bud

Oregon's O Line

C Hronis Grassu 6'3" 310
T Tyler Johnstone 6'7" 300
T Jake Fisher 6'6" 315
G Everett Benyard 6'7" 300
G Hamani Stevens 6'3" 305
TE Colt Lyerla 6'5" 255

Oregon's D Line

DE Arik Armstead 6'8" 330
DE Tony Washington 6'5" 250
T Wade Kiliikipi 6.4" 325
T Tayor Hart 6'7" 265

tiny right? I checked and only one SEC team has a bigger O Line. None with bigger D Line. that even shocked me.

And Florida aint one of either. The Gator D line is tiny compared to Oregons. And the O line Oregon's is way bigger. Not saying which players are better. Just using your size argument against you.

Many of the above listed are NFL players including 2 sure fire 1st rounders. Add these players to 2 Oregon Duck LOS players that were drafted in the first round of this years draft.

DE Dion Jordan NFL draft pick #3
OG Kyle Long NFL draft pick #20

And Oregon only played LSU once their fella.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice.

Got one of the training table? Athletes gotta eat.

Well, that is still a work in progress. Right now they have 1 table per 15 players........so they all kind of have to squeeze in together, but it's pretty nice cuz they're mobile.

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know to debate those who think CFB players should get paid. If you find yourself in that debate, and you are on the side of them NOT getting paid, just show them pictures of these facilities that they get on an everyday basis. I'm sorry, but I will take getting a free education and having access to these spas/weight rooms for 4 years over getting paid.

I 100% agree and always felt that way. Bravo OD... Nice post thums up't

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The showers though.......that is their pride and joy. You can replace the Busch Light can with a Budweiser can for more of a massaging feel.

5784.jpg

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why all the fuss about facilities anywhoze? Let's just get back to basics...

images

Indoors?...OK

8234730054_617a216dce_z.jpg

What no Iron in here?..OK

11101237631bn3.jpg

Thanks for posting Oregon States facilities, always wondered what they were doing up in Cornvallis.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The showers though.......that is their pride and joy. You can replace the Busch Light can with a Budweiser can for more of a massaging feel.

5784.jpg

Brilliant IMO.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
images

always wondered what they were doing up in Cornvallis.

Were "training em right" up here!

BTW... Beaver's weight room with current PAC12 conf champions in both baseball and wrestling, combined w/ a foosball club on verge of "exploding"...well, this is where the work gets DONE! Not in some "Starbucks coffeehouse" lobby looking facilty where the ol' farts sit around yammering about the good ol' days what "ifs".

spc-003.jpg

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big picture is BIG

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said 4-8 so that's only regular season (12 games)

Alabama
Georgia
Texas A&M
Florida
South Carolina
LSU

We are both actually wrong. Speak for yourself! It's not at least 3 or at most 3.

3 teams played 4
2 teams played 3
1 team played 2

Alabama (3) - Texas A&M, LSU (Lost Texas A&M) (1-1) (Georgia SEC Game)
Georgia (3) - South Carolina, LSU, Florida (Lost @ South Carolina) (2-1)
Texas A&M (4) - Florida, South Carolina, LSU, Alabama (Lost Florida, LSU) (2-2)
Florida (4) - Texas A&M, LSU, South Carolina, Georgia (Lost Georgia) (3-1)
South Carolina (3) - Georgia, LSU, Florida (Lost @ LSU, @ Florida) (1-2)
LSU (4) - Florida, South Carolina, Texas A&M, Alabama (losses Alabama, @ Florida) (2-2)

Interesting how Alabama played the least of the top 6 SEC teams (2) in the regular season, and they just so happened to get the luck and timing to get into the NCG.

Red

In Oregon's case they would play at least 3. We're not talking about the others we were talking about how Oregon would do so let me point this out again.

If Oregon was in the west they would play Alabama, Texas A&M and LSU. If they were in the East, which not sure why, they would play Florida, Georgia and South Carolina. How many is that? At least 3? However, we know they would be in the west. Now go to the east and they would play a permanent opponent and rotate another. I picked Florida. Using that scheduling I said they would go IN CONFERENCE 5-3, 4-4 or 3-5 most likely. Not sure who they would play OOC every year so only predicting in conference record.

You do know when you change the facts by adding Oregon it changes the dynamics. Yes? So, again, Like I said, Oregon would play at least 3 of those you mentioned. Get it? Got it? Good!

As for your comment about Alabama playing the least, didn't you know the SEC fixed it? It's not like scheduling and teams playing well are cyclical or anything! Also, pretty sure they played (3). Georgia in the SEC game sound familiar? :laugh3:

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red

In Oregon's case they would play at least 3. We're not talking about the others we were talking about how Oregon would do so let me point this out again.

If Oregon was in the west they would play Alabama, Texas A&M and LSU. If they were in the East, which not sure why, they would play Florida, Georgia and South Carolina. How many is that? At least 3? However, we know they would be in the west. Now go to the east and they would play a permanent opponent and rotate another. I picked Florida. Using that scheduling I said they would go IN CONFERENCE 5-3, 4-4 or 3-5 most likely. Not sure who they would play OOC every year so only predicting in conference record.

You do know when you change the facts by adding Oregon it changes the dynamics. Yes? So, again, Like I said, Oregon would play at least 3 of those you mentioned. Get it? Got it? Good!

As for your comment about Alabama playing the least, didn't you know the SEC fixed it? It's not like scheduling and teams playing well are cyclical or anything! Also, pretty sure they played (3). Georgia in the SEC game sound familiar? :laugh3:

So you are saying Oregon, no matter what would lose to whatever 3 top tier teams they played from the SEC? Despite that Oregon hung with both LSU and Auburn, the best the SEC had to offer those seasons. Tell me, how did you expect A&M to do last season coming in?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red

You really just don't read very well do you. I said "regular season" twice here in the very post you're referencing.

He said 4-8 so that's only regular season (12 games)

Interesting how Alabama played the least of the top 6 SEC teams (2) in the regular season, and they just so happened to get the luck and timing to get into the NCG.

Regarding how many of the SEC elite play each other in a given year...

I said "3 at best". I was wrong. Some play 4
You said "at least 3". You were wrong. Bama only played 2.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really just don't read very well do you. I said "regular season" twice here in the very post you're referencing.

Regarding how many of the SEC elite play each other in a given year...

I said "3 at best". I was wrong. Some play 4
You said "at least 3". You were wrong. Bama only played 2.

Yeah but the point is Oregon would play at least 3 due to being in a division with 3 other top tier teams.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are saying Oregon, no matter what would lose to whatever 3 top tier teams they played from the SEC? Despite that Oregon hung with both LSU and Auburn, the best the SEC had to offer those seasons. Tell me, how did you expect A&M to do last season coming in?

I thought, as most did, Missouri would do better than A&M from what people knew but Sumlin forgot to tell everyone how special Manziel was. Not sure he knew according to reports. A&M got tons of attention and respect for beating Alabama and it takes that type athlete to do it. We all know now though. They also pulled out a miracle win over Ole Miss or they go 5-3 with their best team in a long long time. Not sure Oklahoma was use to losing to A&M with a butt stomping, 41-13 so yes it would be tough for the Ducks. Oregon might beat one of those teams and lose to another. Also, overall, the conference had teams that were weaker than their normal play last year benefiting A&M; Auburn, Arkansas, Tennessee, Missouri.

Oregon has a good team and if Bama played them I would be worried because of one game. Of course I was worried with Michigan in first game last year, LSU in Championship game year before and Notre Dame this year and it turned out I was worried for nothing!

Slow drizzly day in Bama today so I watched the beginning of that Michigan game earlier. It was embarrassing how bad Bama was thumping them. 21-0 end of 1st quarter. So if Oregon and Bama makes it to that game this year, remember we aren't Auburn. In the BCS game between you and them it looked like two teams afraid to play aggressively. It looked like two teams trying not to lose. We don't play like that!

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought, as most did, Missouri would do better than A&M from what people knew but Sumlin forgot to tell everyone how special Manziel was. !

So, how "special" is he, really? The Gators whooped their asses!

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way is this message board an Oregon and Nebraska board in disguise? I've never seen so many Nebraska and Oregon fans in a love fest like I do here. It's like an Oregon fan says bend over so I can pucker up to a Nebraska fan than it's the Oregon fan's turn. Damndest thing I've ever seen. I'm not kidding! Go read the posts! Your facilities are so good. NO yours are. Oh shucks, but your team is going to win your conference. Well so is yours. We get accused of being team SEC. :omg: What about team CornhuskerDuck?
:L