• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oregon facilities. As good as advertised?

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHAAAAT? I know you said Ipods but I didnt know it was like that. Sick! Those digs are sweet. Love the red carpet. Cool touch. The food bar made me hungry. Calorie counts listed. Man. These kids have it good nowadays huh?

Every time I see The Sea of Red my football blood starts boiling. Want to go to a game there badly.

Well according to Phil Steele Oregon's meeting Nebraska in the Rose Bowl, so that would be the next best thing.

If we're lucky enough for that to happen and I can get out there, we're gonna meet up and tailgate before the game.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, I really haven't saw very many Oregon fans here that are that out of touch with their current situation. Most seem to know they're new on the scene and are grateful to be in the position they're in and know they've found a different way to promote what they're doing and not necessarily the past. They're all about looking ahead and selling that outlook the best they can.

Gotta agree here!! My experience with Duck fans is that they can get a little full of themselves and make some brash statements (who doesn't when having success), but they are basically enjoying this for as long as it lasts, while hoping that it lasts long enough that they can eventually stop being considered "the new guy"!!

I'll say this too, while the money that Uncle Phil has dumped into upgrading their facilities is not the reason that USC has upgraded theirs, I believe that it is the reason that the pace of the upgrades have been quickened!!

The McKay Center and the ongoing Coliseum upgrades (USC has control to pretty well do what we want now) have been in the planning process for quite awhile. However, everything really started moving forward in earnest when Oregon started building and upgrading their facilities!!

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stopped reading there lil brother.

And your facts are wrong. Phil has dumped 300+ mil to Oregon and 200 mil to his other alma mater Stanford....

Nice try though....

dont be so

jelly.jpg

Intresting fact there Mamba on Phil, didnt know he was kicking cash to Stanford, which raises the question, who does he root for when the two face each other in football?

Drewsagator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Devin Gardner and Tajh Boyd say hell yes...

Nike camps and Elite 11 took place earlier this week in Beaverton, OR home of Nike

Reporter answer to "Are UO facilities ad good as I have heard?"

I did get to UO last Thursday. The Ducks set-up is truly awesome. I'd been there a lot for games but ended up touring the place with Clemson's Tajh Boyd and Michigan's Devin Gardner and it was interesting to see how those two guys who are at these powerhouse programs were blown away by what the Ducks have, and really the whole vibe of the place. The Ducks treatment center where the training staff is, looks a World Class spa, which I guess it actually is. Everything around the UO facilities looks like its state-of-the-art.

oregons1.jpg
They must be lacking any kind of strength training apparatus at this facility.....why is it that their players are so small especially on the LOS.....sorry but if they played in the SEC week in and week out they would be physically dominated and be a 4-8 team....Stanford proved this last year and their coach is smart enough to build his team around strength. Seems like LSU also took the Lame Ducks to the woodshed a couple of time in the last few years.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They must be lacking any kind of strength training apparatus at this facility.....why is it that their players are so small especially on the LOS.....sorry but if they played in the SEC week in and week out they would be physically dominated and be a 4-8 team....Stanford proved this last year and their coach is smart enough to build his team around strength. Seems like LSU also took the Lame Ducks to the woodshed a couple of time in the last few years.

I could be mistaken, it's happened before, but I don't they're as small on the lines as you're making them out to be.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Originally Posted by BamaTee1
OK I tried to just be humble but now it's time. Try not to get your keyboard wet with tears! Someone mentioned 15,000 sq foot facility earlier. Try 37,000!

The new weight room has 21,000-square feet on the first level and 16,000-square feet on the second level. The ground level consists of the weight room that is highlighted by 20 combination racks that feature platforms that are built into the ground for a level surface that provides a safer workout environment. Great video from the best strength coach in the country, Scott Cochran!

A Look Inside Alabama's New Weight Room - ROLLTIDE.COM - University of Alabama Official Athletic Site

\
No body has anything on USC 110,000 square foot John Mckay center...

Images of USC's new John McKay Center - CBSSports.com

Trojan Man

McKay Center is awesome! However, I was only talking about the weight room, not the entire athletic facility. Not sure how big it is.

Drewsagator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could be mistaken, it's happened before, but I don't they're as small on the lines as you're making them out to be.
They were about 250-260 a couple of years ago when they played the Barn in the NC, but as a UF fan we learned that you can only out run people for so long......then you get squashed. As Bama threw UF's lightweight offensive linemen around like rag dolls in 2009 and in 2010 it occurred to Urchin Creyer that his smoke and mirrors had run it course and he high tailed out of town.
I see the same thing happening with O ragin....Stanford figured it out and it won't be long before the Trojans, despite their coach do the same.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stanford only beat them by 3 and that was in OT.

Oregon whipped a physical K. State.

So in the SEC they'd be 4-8?

Let's figure 3 sure OOC cupcakes for 3 of their 4 wins.
1 win over a mid-tier OOC

So the 8 losses would all be SEC

The top 6 off the SEC (last year) are.

Alabama
Georgia
Texas A&M
Florida
South Carolina
LSU

We all know everyone in the SEC doesn't play each other, they would play 3 of those teams above at best.

That leaves the 5 other losses to this group.

Vanderbilt (9-4)
Miss St. (8-5)
Ole Miss (7-6)
Arkansas (5-7)
Missouri (5-7)
Tennessee (5-7)
Auburn (3-9)
Kentucky (2-10)

You want the board to believe Oregon would go 0-5 in that group?

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Intresting fact there Mamba on Phil, didnt know he was kicking cash to Stanford, which raises the question, who does he root for when the two face each other in football?

He's an Oregon athletics fan first and foremost. But he also attended Stanford so he has given generously to them as well.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford only beat them by 3 and that was in OT.

Oregon whipped a physical K. State.

So in the SEC they'd be 4-8?

Let's figure 3 sure OOC cupcakes for 3 of their 4 wins.
1 win over a mid-tier OOC

So the 8 losses would all be SEC

The top 6 off the SEC (last year) are.

Alabama
Georgia
Texas A&M
Florida
South Carolina
LSU

We all know everyone in the SEC doesn't play each other, they would play 3 of those teams above at best.

That leaves the 5 other losses to this group.

Vanderbilt (9-4)
Miss St. (8-5)
Ole Miss (7-6)
Arkansas (5-7)
Missouri (5-7)
Tennessee (5-7)
Auburn (3-9)
Kentucky (2-10)

You want the board to believe Oregon would go 0-5 in that group?

When you live in SEC land you don't usually make statements based on any logic at all..........you just beat your chest and slur some speech about how great team SEC is

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red_Alert
Alabama
Georgia
Texas A&M
Florida
South Carolina
LSU

We all know everyone in the SEC doesn't play each other, they would play 3 of those teams above at least. fify

They would automatically play 3 of them. That is at least/ not at best but I've learned you think if your close with something than it counts!

They would then catch 2 of the others but one would be automatic and with Oregon they would put a good team against them as their permanent. Laugh about Tennessee but when they kept that rivalry(Bama/UT) in 1992, UT was on top. Remember you pointed out Nebraska beat them in the NC game. They then won it in 1998. If they were in the West, which, duh, they would be, they would get Bama,LSU and Texas A&M. Don't forget Auburn and Arkansas will be good again. Ole Miss is coming on. So lets say their permanent East opponent is Florida. A little tougher than Utah, UCLA, Cal., Arizona, Ariz St, a Stanford team been good for 3 years, USC about to go south with sanctions, Washington, Colorado, Oregon St. good every few years and of course stout Washington St.

Now I would never say 4-8 overall but certainly not the 10 plus wins they've had the last 5 years. I would say anywhere from a 5-3, 4-4 or 3-5 conference record. However, they will go to a 9 game conference schedule within a few years, bank on it!

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you live in SEC land you don't usually make statements based on any logic at all..........you just beat your chest and slur some speech about how great team SEC is

...And point to the seven crystal trophies lined up in a row won by 4 different teams and 9 overall by 5 different teams. I guess the rest of the country HAS won 6 of them. :clap:

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...And point to the seven crystal trophies lined up in a row won by 4 different teams and 9 overall by 5 different teams. I guess the rest of the country HAS won 6 of them. :clap:

I will say, I'm impressed that recruiting has been as much of a success as it has been down there with facilities like these...

trailer-trash-hi-rise11.jpg

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To the Gator boy...

Stanford beat Oregon in OT on a missed FG (fucking kickers) Also, a game that could have been over had DAT remembered to do a fundamental thing of blocking down field to give his teammate a TD...

We lost to LSU, but also had 4 turnovers in that game and we scored more points on that LSU defense than anyone else did the rest of the year. The reason we lost to LSU wasn't because we were oversized or over matched.

We lost to Auburn on a last second field goal....

I don't see where you are getting this 4-8 record in the SEC at? With those very close losses, also we destroyed your bottom dweller SEC team in Tennessee, so if we ran the Vols off the field, that probably means we get W's vs Vandy, Kentucky, Missouri, Ole Miss, Miss St. Arkansas, If it were last year, Auburn.

Your post makes no sense.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red_Alert

They would automatically play 3 of them. That is at least/ not at best but I've learned you think if your close with something than it counts!

They would then catch 2 of the others but one would be automatic and with Oregon they would put a good team against them as their permanent. Laugh about Tennessee but when they kept that rivalry(Bama/UT) in 1992, UT was on top. Remember you pointed out Nebraska beat them in the NC game. They then won it in 1998. If they were in the West, which, duh, they would be, they would get Bama,LSU and Texas A&M. Don't forget Auburn and Arkansas will be good again. Ole Miss is coming on. So lets say their permanent East opponent is Florida. A little tougher than Utah, UCLA, Cal., Arizona, Ariz St, a Stanford team been good for 3 years, USC about to go south with sanctions, Washington, Colorado, Oregon St. good every few years and of course stout Washington St.

Now I would never say 4-8 overall but certainly not the 10 plus wins they've had the last 5 years. I would say anywhere from a 5-3, 4-4 or 3-5 conference record. However, they will go to a 9 game conference schedule within a few years, bank on it!

He said 4-8 so that's only regular season (12 games)

Alabama
Georgia
Texas A&M
Florida
South Carolina
LSU

We are both actually wrong. It's not at least 3 or at most 3.

3 teams played 4
2 teams played 3
1 team played 2

Alabama (2) - Texas A&M, LSU (Lost Texas A&M) (1-1)
Georgia (3) - South Carolina, LSU, Florida (Lost @ South Carolina) (2-1)
Texas A&M (4) - Florida, South Carolina, LSU, Alabama (Lost Florida, LSU) (2-2)
Florida (4) - Texas A&M, LSU, South Carolina, Georgia (Lost Georgia) (3-1)
South Carolina (3) - Georgia, LSU, Florida (Lost @ LSU, @ Florida) (1-2)
LSU (4) - Florida, South Carolina, Texas A&M, Alabama (losses Alabama, @ Florida) (2-2)

Interesting how Alabama played the least of the top 6 SEC teams (2) in the regular season, and they just so happened to get the luck and timing to get into the NCG.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say, I'm impressed that recruiting has been as much of a success as it has been down there with facilities like these...

trailer-trash-hi-rise11.jpg

That's just the spa, so kind of unfair.

Now post the rest.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know to debate those who think CFB players should get paid. If you find yourself in that debate, and you are on the side of them NOT getting paid, just show them pictures of these facilities that they get on an everyday basis. I'm sorry, but I will take getting a free education and having access to these spas/weight rooms for 4 years over getting paid.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure thing.....

Here is one of the personal trainers standing in front of the new player's lounge that is being built.

bubbles-trailer-park-boys-1024x576.png

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon belongs in that group of 6, so they would have gotten either 2, 3, or 4 of those opponents in 2012.

Their record would have been one of the following at worse imo.
8-4
9-3
10-2