• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Orange Bowl: Alabama vs Oklahoma

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK who will will hopefully it'll be my Sooners, but I know that both teams will come to play. hell I'm done looking into past games to analyzing/predicting this game. I'm looking towards the future in 8 more days, can't wait.

I'm not looking at past games either. Taking an honest look at OU's skill players matched up against Bama's skill players on both sides of the ball, tells me the game will be a lot closer than suspected. Bama has a really good D, but it's made up to stop a run first team that can pass. A pass first offense that can run will give Bama fits. Bama's O is whats advertised. OU better hope Bama makes a couple of critical mistakes to keep Bama's scoring down (assuming Tua is 100% healthy). I expect this game to be shootout, with the winner being the team with the fewest turnovers.

Panabama71

Same Cat different Ass!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would seem you have experience/first hand knowledge...
I see that you apply to the “I know you are, but what am I”? school of debating. Very effective tactic on the playground and message boards.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moving forward any predictions on how bad OU is going to beat Clemson?

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU's problem on defense all year has been players not playing up to their supposed potential. Part of it was obviously bad coaching (Mike Stoops) and some of it is undoubtedly a lack of raw talent. But here is an example of what was holding OU back all year. Maybe some of our guys will do a "Trevor Knight" and flip a switch in the Orange Bowl. Who knows?

Most disappointing player in the class
Brendan Radley-Hiles: Speaking of Radley-Hiles, he finds himself in a tough spot. The former IMG Academy product was asked to play safety for the Sooners this season after staring at cornerback in high school. That transition proved to be more difficult than Oklahoma anticipated. His season-long struggles were exposed in Morgantown, which landed him on the bench for the Big 12 Championship Game. The former 5-star didn’t intercept a pass this season and broke up just five attempts. He also made only 39 total tackles despite playing the vast majority of defensive snaps for 12 games. It’s too soon to write him off, but Radley-Hiles’ freshman season was a big step backwards.

Jtrain80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could. Any turnover by Bama will make the veins in my forehead stick out.

I watch a lot of football and I know how good Oklahoma’s offense is. I think it is unprecedented. When Murray slips outside the pocket he is extremely dangerous passing or throwing. He looks like a video game with his lateral movement. If the dbs commit to the receivers Murray will run up their ass.

It’s going to be a great spectacle. Everyone wants to see it play out and 3/4s of the Nation wants to see Saban and Bama lose.

I’m looking forward to it.

I am excited to see the OU OL v Bama DL. Most of both units project to the NFL.

Panabama71

Same Cat different Ass!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am excited to see the OU OL v Bama DL. Most of both units project to the NFL.
Respect will be earned, friendships made and personal rivalries formed. It will be a game of individual storylines and battles. Should be awesome to watch!

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep hearing announcers / pundits talk about Alabama should alter their offensive game so they can limit OU's possessions. Why? OU is the team that needs to alter what they do to stay in the game.

Alabama should simply play their game, as their offense is just as explosive + their defense will get more stops than OU's. I just find the narrative perplexing.

Crimson Kirk

Posting Intern
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU fans having so much confidence coming into this game, will only make the ends so much sweeter.

Can’t believe fans of such a one-dimensional team could be so confident.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU fans having so much confidence coming into this game, will only make the ends so much sweeter.

Can’t believe fans of such a one-dimensional team could be so confident.

Please show me all these Uber confident OU fans on here. Great second post. :L

Crimson Kirk

Posting Intern
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please show me all these Uber confident OU fans on here. Great second post. :L
They’re here. I’ve read some pages back. Apparently the stats-packed Heisman Trophy leads to much delusion.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They’re here. I’ve read some pages back. Apparently the stats-packed Heisman Trophy leads to much delusion.

Post them. The vast majority by far in here are more than realistic about this game and everyone here knows it. Get your nonsense out of here.