• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Orange Bowl: Alabama vs Oklahoma

8085sooner

Homeboard Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU has already exceeded my expectations for the year, so this game is gravy.

For us to win, zero turnovers. Bama will make short work of any mistakes. We will need some to win, I see Bama defense getting more stops or holding us to FG's some drives. OU at one point was the worst in D1, red zone defense.

We have to establish the run. Keep drives alive and Bama off balance.

Defense will need a stop or a turnover at least twice each half, or we will be playing catch up.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be interesting if OU jumped out to a good lead. I'd like to see if Bama could come back on OU assuming Lincoln Riley didn't get a case of the yips and took his foot off the gas. I think Tua's a hell of a QB but I'd like to see what he can do when the chips are down. My guess is Bama will eventually wear OU down but it would be fun to watch either way.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, we’ve only played 5 times.

My biggest regret is we never saw them play in the 70s other than the bowl tie when OU was 7-4 and we were 6-5.

Those games would’ve been epic...
One similarity between the 1970 Astro-Bluebonnet Bowl and the 2018 Orange Bowl for Alabama. The FG kicker sucks, and Generalissimo Francisco Franco is STILL DEAD-*! I hope this Orange Game doesn't come down to a final FG attempt for Alabama to win like the Bluebonnet Bowl did. If so, Yikes! :eek:

*-He wasn't dead in 1970, but I still like the joke!

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One similarity between the 1970 Astro-Bluebonnet Bowl and the 2018 Orange Bowl for Alabama. The FG kicker sucks, and Generalissimo Francisco Franco is STILL DEAD-*! I hope this Orange Game doesn't come down to a final FG attempt for Alabama to win like the Bluebonnet Bowl did. If so, Yikes! :eek:

*-He wasn't dead in 1970, but I still like the joke!

Kickers.

Ugh!

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a good kicker but he folds like a wet suit under pressure. If the game is on the line, we cannot count on Siebert. He's can hit a 45-50 yarder with ease, to go up 17 but will miss a chip shot with the game on the line.

No shit. Our all-time leading scorer also has an ass now that's about two axe handles wide. Put that boy in a pair of designer jeans and it'd look like a couple of pigs in a gunny sack fighting over a box of Milk Duds.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Hollywood is out for sure? That changes everything if so. Wish we at least had Rodney Anderson back.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a good kicker but he folds like a wet suit under pressure. If the game is on the line, we cannot count on Siebert. He's can hit a 45-50 yarder with ease, to go up 17 but will miss a chip shot with the game on the line.

I see that, and up the ante.

We had 5 games with missed PATs. In 3 of them, we had MULTIPLE missed PATs.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No shit. Our all-time leading scorer also has an ass now that's about two axe handles wide. Put that boy in a pair of designer jeans and it'd look like a couple of pigs in a gunny sack fighting over a box of Milk Duds.

:lol:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Hollywood is out for sure? That changes everything if so. Wish we at least had Rodney Anderson back.

No he’s not out for sure but I just can’t see how anyone is optimistic about him playing let alone effective.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep hearing announcers / pundits talk about Alabama should alter their offensive game so they can limit OU's possessions. Why? OU is the team that needs to alter what they do to stay in the game.

Alabama should simply play their game, as their offense is just as explosive + their defense will get more stops than OU's. I just find the narrative perplexing.

Because they are under the misconception that Oklahoma has the better offense.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody really knows at this point.

I'm sure if Alabama's offense looks better people will say it's just the Oklahoma defense etc. Those narratives ain't gonna change soon.

But when I look at the advanced stats, both the S&P and the FEI have Oklahoma's offense #1 and Alabama's offense #2, well ahead of everyone else and very close. But, the difference is Alabama has done it while playing against much tougher defenses and when playing against comparable defenses Alabama scores much faster etc.

Most people think Alabama's offense is the Georgia game and then they look at Georgia vs Oklahoma last year. But they don't realize the ankle Tua had surgery on was the one he hurt on the 4th play of the game. He played most of that game on that ankle.

And we saw with Jalen last few years what a difference quality defenses can make. Jalen was always awesome against even top25 defenses. He was accurate enough that he could still abuse them. But against tighter coverage that the top defenses you play in the playoffs and such he became one dimensional and our offense lived and died on explosive plays.

Maybe Murray is better than that, he may come out looking like Deshawn Watson. But I'm waiting to see how he does against better offenses before I go along with the narrative.

Soonertshirtfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure if Alabama's offense looks better people will say it's just the Oklahoma defense etc. Those narratives ain't gonna change soon.

But when I look at the advanced stats, both the S&P and the FEI have Oklahoma's offense #1 and Alabama's offense #2, well ahead of everyone else and very close. But, the difference is Alabama has done it while playing against much tougher defenses and when playing against comparable defenses Alabama scores much faster etc.

Most people think Alabama's offense is the Georgia game and then they look at Georgia vs Oklahoma last year. But they don't realize the ankle Tua had surgery on was the one he hurt on the 4th play of the game. He played most of that game on that ankle.

And we saw with Jalen last few years what a difference quality defenses can make. Jalen was always awesome against even top25 defenses. He was accurate enough that he could still abuse them. But against tighter coverage that the top defenses you play in the playoffs and such he became one dimensional and our offense lived and died on explosive plays.

Maybe Murray is better than that, he may come out looking like Deshawn Watson. But I'm waiting to see how he does against better offenses before I go along with the narrative.
If I were an Alabama fan, this is exactly what I would think. I wouldnt have any reason to believe otherwise.

As, a Sooner fan, I cant wait to watch this game. OU has everything to gain and nothing to lose. That fact alone makes them dangerous.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were an Alabama fan, this is exactly what I would think. I wouldnt have any reason to believe otherwise.

As, a Sooner fan, I cant wait to watch this game. OU has everything to gain and nothing to lose. That fact alone makes them dangerous.

I think Oklahoma is a team that will make you pay for your mistakes. So if Alabama makes a bunch of mistakes, it could be a long game.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So....you guise getting anxious? :happy:

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So....you guise getting anxious? :happy:
Kyler Murray is sick.

Breaking as of this morning.

The offical term was "under the weather". Hasn't missed practice yet, one scheduled later today so we'll know more

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It’s the CFP. Both have the same to gain and lose.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyler Murray is sick.

Breaking as of this morning.

The offical term was "under the weather". Hasn't missed practice yet, one scheduled later today so we'll know more

Baker was sick last year, but OU still came out and took a 31-14 lead.