• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Orange Bowl: Alabama vs Oklahoma

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who is this sabanjoylessmurderball handle on rivals? I don't recall seeing him there.

99.5% of Bama and OU fans are very civil and respectful to one another on rivals. He must be the oddball Bammer from there.

Oh noos!!! He gave you the dreaded rainbow!!!

Jtrain80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't really talking about this year, or Oklahoma specifically, but I'll bite.

1. You lost to Georgia, largely because you got shut down pretty hard in the 2nd half, so I'm not sure that's a good example.

2. Also not sure where Auburn applies, since you didn't have a Heisman winner that year. You did manage to score 5 more points against them than Alabama did that year though.

3. The previous Oklahoma Heisman winner however only scored 14 pts in a loss to Florida, after putting up 50 and 60+ points against most teams that year.

4. Which takes us next to Adrian Peterson, where Oklahoma went on to score 19 pts in their loss to USC, who scored 55 pts.

5. And finally, we get to 2000 and Josh Heupel, the last time Oklahoma won a National Championship and went undefeated. However, Oklahoma only managed 13 pts in that game, in a defensive battle and a 13-2 final score.

6. So I'm not sure where Oklahoma has a real history of their Heisman winners showing out in the post season. But, I was actually more talking in general terms in that the Heisman winners often have crazy stats that are padded against easy defenses, and then when they play a real defense in the post season, they don't perform so well as being the reason for the "slump".

1. Baker had the flu and ran out of gas. Shit happens.

2. Hard to compare exhibition games against rivalry games. That Auburn team was not impressive though.

3. Florida was a better team.

4. Peterson didn't win the Heisman. He was pretty fucking good in very game he has ever played in. That rose bowl was not a true freshman tailbacks fault.

5. Huepel didn't win the Heisman.

6. Everyone has to stay healthy and motivated. The offenses generally lose some rhythm and timing during the layoff that benefits the defense.

Murray is a little different cat imo. Dont worry, you will see.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the game is finished, I hope there is a rusty creaking sound, an emission of hell’s gasses and then the release of screeching bats as Saban’s lips part to shout "Fucking Oklahoma! Not Again!"

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the game is finished, I hope there is a rusty creaking sound, an emission of hell’s gasses and then the release of screeching bats as Saban’s lips part to shout "Fucking Oklahoma! Not Again!"
would it be something like this?

blazer prophet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the 1st quarter and the game is finished, I hope there is a rusty creaking sound, an emission of hell’s gasses and then the release of screeching bats as Saban’s lips part to shout "Fucking Oklahoma! Not Again!"

FIFY.

8085sooner

Homeboard Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU will have to score on almost every possession. Bama hasn't faced an offense like this but we haven't faced an offense or defense like theirs.

I think it comes down to turnovers and hopefully not special teams. I like our FG kicker but he SUCKS under pressure.

blazer prophet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No disrespect to Oklahoma, but they are a definite level below Alabama. Oklahoma wins only under the guise of the saying, "anything is possible in this world". But as a practical matter, they haven't a fucking chance in hell.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU will have to score on almost every possession. Bama hasn't faced an offense like this but we haven't faced an offense or defense like theirs.

I think it comes down to turnovers and hopefully not special teams. I like our FG kicker but he SUCKS under pressure.

Alabama's defense practices against a better offense.

Problem is, our offense still lights up our defense and Oklahoma likely will too.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No disrespect to Oklahoma, but they are a definite level below Alabama. Oklahoma wins only under the guise of the saying, "anything is possible in this world". But as a practical matter, they haven't a fucking chance in hell.

OU was a 17 point underdog the last time they played them and OU won by 14. Shit happens kind of like the fake win Oregon got over OU.