• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Orange Bowl: Alabama vs Oklahoma

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has the recruiting taken a great leap forward, or will OU slip to being an 8-4 team next year without Murray?
Funny you ask that...

There are a lot of OU fans who put much stock in those mythical stars by these kids' names. It is a fun past-time and I myself get caught up in it on occasion.

...but I've seen so many 4* and 5* guys just not cut the mustard for whatever reason, and I've seen a few walk-ons excel. Some of these kids get here and mail it in thinking everything will come to them...those are the ones that typically end up transferring out as they're uncomfortable being so far down on the depth chart.

If you go by the services that hand out these mythical stars, we're aces. Much better than we've been under Stoops except for the few years following the NC.

If you go by proof, well...that's gonna take a bit of time.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
X6zaNaI.jpg
Rhode Island has always been a home away from home. And I’m happy that the coots have come to their senses and root for the greater good

Bamaklingon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had hoped that Tua would win the Heisman.
Since he did not, glad that Okie did. It will make Tya and Company hongry.

TemptressToo

The Godmother
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,242.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he's obviously in the background of the photo. Perspective is off.

I had hoped that Tua would win the Heisman.
Since he did not, glad that Okie did. It will make Tya and Company hongry.
I'm hoping that Mack & company are starving. Goal to make sure the voters know who put up numbers against a top defense.

8085sooner

Homeboard Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has the recruiting taken a great leap forward, or will OU slip to being an 8-4 team next year without Murray?

We are kind of falling into the aTm/Sumlin model. We get stacked at certain positions but do not recruit/develop at others. We do not have a great pass rusher. Dline is a weakness and so is the scheme. LB play is made up of one stiff guy, one little guy that is a slow safety and a very athletic guy that the game is still to fast.

CB and S are for the most part, small. We only have one true safety and he's pretty solid. I think we will have 2-5 guys quit, with the new DC. There's been a huge, let them play even when they do not give effort, mentality for the last 5 years. We need to over sign, starters will get ran off.

Riley is a offensive genius and will keep OU in most games. We could lose a lot on the Oline but have recruited well and we keep the most talented Olineman at center. Kendal knows the system inside and out and will be fine next year. Not Baker Kyler great but will be one of the BigXII leaders.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are kind of falling into the aTm/Sumlin model. We get stacked at certain positions but do not recruit/develop at others. We do not have a great pass rusher. Dline is a weakness and so is the scheme. LB play is made up of one stiff guy, one little guy that is a slow safety and a very athletic guy that the game is still to fast.

CB and S are for the most part, small. We only have one true safety and he's pretty solid. I think we will have 2-5 guys quit, with the new DC. There's been a huge, let them play even when they do not give effort, mentality for the last 5 years. We need to over sign, starters will get ran off.

Riley is a offensive genius and will keep OU in most games. We could lose a lot on the Oline but have recruited well and we keep the most talented Olineman at center. Kendal knows the system inside and out and will be fine next year. Not Baker Kyler great but will be one of the BigXII leaders.

This sums it up well. Riley has worked his ass off to improve the talent at DL and LB but it’s very young. Same goes for DB’s. The new DC will have some young talent to develop but we gotta keep bringing it in. As for qb, your starter next year will be Mordecai.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True Story: When I was a kid and Oklahoma was on their long undefeated streak between 1972-5, I went camping with the Boy Scouts (Tannehill State Park). When my mom picked me up on Sunday, she told me Kansas Upset Oklahoma (23-3 on 11/8/1975). I didn't believe her either! Thought she pulling my leg. lol.

I was at that game and it was one of the worst/sloppiest offensive performances by OU I ever saw in person. We couldn’t believe it, either..

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he's obviously in the background of the photo. Perspective is off.

I'm hoping that Mack & company are starving. Goal to make sure the voters know who put up numbers against a top defense.

Perspective is off?! WTH. He's shorter than Kyler Murray! I know enough about photography to understand what you're trying to say but you are mistaken. The dude is short. Reeeeeal short. Most of our DB's are small. That's why we have a hard time going up against big, talented receivers, especially out on the edge when it's a "jump ball". Something tells me Saban has noticed this too since everyone in the Big XII has used it against us.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perspective is off?! WTH. He's shorter than Kyler Murray! I know enough about photography to understand what you're trying to say but you are mistaken. The dude is short. Reeeeeal short. Most of our DB's are small. That's why we have a hard time going up against big, talented receivers, especially out on the edge when it's a "jump ball". Something tells me Saban has noticed this too since everyone in the Big XII has used it against us.

Alabama would never pick on a stud DB because of his height.

ncf_a_norwood_gb1_200.jpg

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at that game and it was one of the worst/sloppiest offensive performances by OU I ever saw in person. We couldn’t believe it, either..
You should have gone camping that weekend! lol. :)

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you to @tnapucco and @8085sooner for your erudite points about OU talent level, recruiting, etc. I must admit that it surprises me from afar, as OU is almost always Really Good to Great (4 consectutive Big Xii Champions is tough), and I think of them at the level of Alabama not Texas A&M.

Perhaps, I shouldnt' be too surprised based on how ISU has played them the past two years, but I still think of OU as an UBER Talented team and not a one or two trick pony. Once again, thanks to you both for your soild responses. Good luck in Miami; although, in full disclosure - I am rooting for Alabama.

Bamaklingon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect a very close first half, and 3rd quarter.
Bama by 10 late.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama defense going to be running around, grabbing air, sucking wind...Bama office gonna be just running.

I have no idea, all I DO KNOW it's gonna be Freak Show time.. Good luck containing that dude, you're gonna need it.

Hopefully, so we all have a good game to watch, Murray does not suffer the traditional "Heisman slump" or whatever they call it. If he's on, buckle up.