• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Options Options Options

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt it would be great if Poles could swing some type of trade that would get us into the 2nd round, altho let's all remember that we got the 'steal' of this draft when we gave the Commanders the 40th pick in exchange for Montez Sweat. In fact, I'm semi-officially pencilling his name in prior to the announcement of that #40 pick. Naturally any trade scenario requires a willing partner but I suppose that's a Capt Obvious statement.

Anyway, the possiblity of Poles landing us a 2nd rounder for instance by dangling the #9 spot as bait would likely require trading back to the late teens, even early 20's - unacceptable. So I wonder if Poles does offer the 9th pick, he goes further back than the early teens, which probably nets him a 3rd round in exchange. That gives us two 3rd round picks. Perhaps then we can parlay one or both of those in some type of workable package that could get us into the 2nd round.

Another option would be to trade this year's 3rd round and a couple of picks from next year (no 1st or 2nd rounders tho) into a similar move up. Food for thought.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a suggested double trade back from #9. If you click on the link, it's the 3rd story down:

Or if you'd rather just cut to the chase:

9. Philadelphia Eagles (via Chicago): Edge - Jared Verse, Florida State

Trade: Philadelphia sends #22(R1), #53(R2), and 2025(R3) to Chicago for #9(R1)

22. Buffalo Bills ((via Philadelphia) via Chicago)): WR - Adonai Mitchell, Texas

Trade: Buffalo sends #28(R1), #128(R4), 2025(R4) to Chicago for #22(R1)

28. Chicago Bears (via Buffalo): Edge - Demeioun “Chop” Robinson, Penn State

Trade: Chicago receives Buffalo’s #28(R1), #128(R4) and 2025(R4) for #22(R1)

Chicago is trading down twice from the ninth overall pick into the bottom third of the first round, which might derive from a need to increase the team’s draft capital and overall roster depth. Robinson is considered by most pundits and scouts to be the quickest and fastest edge rushing prospect. The explosive pass rusher ran a 4.48 seconds 40-time at the NFL combine.

So we ultimately move back from 9 to 28, but in the process acquire pick #s 53, 128, plus 2025's Eagles 3rd round and Buffalo's 4th round. Not to mention adding Chop Robinson with pick #28. Does this seem worth moving back 19 spots? Honestly, to me it doesn't, even tho we'd still land a pretty decent DE/Edge in the process. But I'd like to believe Poles could do better than this.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shocked if the Bears don't trade the 9th?

I'm down to just three players that I'd hope Poles would stick with the pick if any of them were still on the board:

Rome Odunze
Malik Nabers
Joe Alt

Of the three, I think Odunze has the best odds of still being there. If all three are gone, sure why not trade back.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shocked if the Bears don't trade the 9th?

I'm down to just three players that I'd hope Poles would stick with the pick if any of them were still on the board:

Rome Odunze
Malik Nabers
Joe Alt

Of the three, I think Odunze has the best odds of still being there. If all three are gone, sure why not trade back.

Bowers??

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mentioned in another thread that I have Bowers as the Bears X factor. In terms of position, he's really not a need, so I don't have him listed as a must-take at 9. Still, there's no denying his obvious talents, so it doesn't mean I wouldn't support the pick, but I'd probably be more open to seeing him snatched by Poles only after a trade down.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mentioned in another thread that I have Bowers as the Bears X factor. In terms of position, he's really not a need, so I don't have him listed as a must-take at 9. Still, there's no denying his obvious talents, so it doesn't mean I wouldn't support the pick, but I'd probably be more open to seeing him snatched by Poles only after a trade down.

If none of those wrs are available,Id love the pick if it was him.....yhat te posion is becoming a big need in the passing game anymore.....

But then agaain,Im all about offense first.....

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been seeing this mock and ones similar to it where we have a trade back with the Saints for our #9:

A couple of problems with this. I'm not sure trading back just 5 spots can net us a 2nd rounder. But even if it could, I find it hard to believe the Saints would give up that pick, being they don't have a 3rd or 4th rounder in this draft. I'm guessing it would have to be for a player they really, really covet and believe he won't be there by 14. If this was the case, I trust Poles would strongly consider making the trade. I just think it's more of the imagination from a pro-Bears standpoint.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF has gotten into Josh Schrock these days. Did Poles stick him with the bill at dinner or something?

TRADE!

Bears receive: No. 22, No. 50, No.120, 2025 third-round pick
Eagles receive: No. 9

No, how about instead the Eagles getting our 9 in exchange for their 22, 50, and 53, then perhaps we can call it a day. Moving back a whopping 13 spots really should command a '25 1st round pick as part of a trade, but in this case since the Eagles have those two 2nd rounders, that would suffice.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF has gotten into Josh Schrock these days. Did Poles stick him with the bill at dinner or something?

TRADE!

Bears receive: No. 22, No. 50, No.120, 2025 third-round pick
Eagles receive: No. 9

No, how about instead the Eagles getting our 9 in exchange for their 22, 50, and 53, then perhaps we can call it a day. Moving back a whopping 13 spots really should command a '25 1st round pick as part of a trade, but in this case since the Eagles have those two 2nd rounders, that would suffice.

SChrock has been smoking some heavy shit as of lately........

I would scream if we moved down 13 spots and not recieve more than that,and as you said,add next seasons 1st to that......and to me that could be a selection in the 20s,and sytill dont think thats enough.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SChrock has been smoking some heavy shit as of lately........

I would scream if we moved down 13 spots and not recieve more than that,and as you said,add next seasons 1st to that......and to me that could be a selection in the 20s,and sytill dont think thats enough.
You thought that the Schrock suggested mock trade was bad, check out this one from NFL's Pete Schrager:

TRADE! BEARS SEND NO. 9 OVERALL PICK TO COLTS IN EXCHANGE FOR NO. 15 PICK, FUTURE SECOND-ROUND PICK

Moving 6 spots back, not to mention passing on Malik Nabers in the process, for a future 2nd round pick? Is he fucking nuts? Please add him and Schrock to the list of people who should never ever EVER be in charge of any team's drafts - ok, maybe they can run Green Bay's. :tongue:

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You thought that the Schrock suggested mock trade was bad, check out this one from NFL's Pete Schrager:

TRADE! BEARS SEND NO. 9 OVERALL PICK TO COLTS IN EXCHANGE FOR NO. 15 PICK, FUTURE SECOND-ROUND PICK

Moving 6 spots back, not to mention passing on Malik Nabers in the process, for a future 2nd round pick? Is he fucking nuts? Please add him and Schrock to the list of people who should never ever EVER be in charge of any team's drafts - ok, maybe they can run Green Bay's. :tongue:
Schrags is ine of the three easons I dont watch that show eithetr.....the other two.....Kyle Brandt and can not remember her name......
their is horribke.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schrags is ine of the three easons I dont watch that show eithetr.....the other two.....Kyle Brandt and can not remember her name......
their is horribke.

Jamie Erdshl......

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
their is horribke.
Jamie Erdshl......
Once in a while when I'm awake and there's nothing else to watch, I might catch a little of that show, Good Morning Football, especially if there's a particular segment they're discussing piquing my interest. But otherwise I agree, it's often too gimmicky, too silly, too noisy. At the risk of sounding sexist and ageist, I think the show is trying hard to appeal to women and young males. I like my NFL football talk without all the BS.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I caught the show on the NFL Network last night - I think it was Path to the Draft - that featured Schrager with his stupid trade back scenario where the Bears pass on Malik Nabers at 9 and instead trade back with the Colts, who of course in turn immediately take Nabers. And get this, he has the Bears at 15 taking Toledo CB Quinyon Mitchell. Now don't get me wrong, Mitchell is one of the higher rated CBs in the draft. I believe PFF has him as their #2. Not knocking the man's talents at all, and he will almost undoubtedly be a 1st round pick. But if there's one position that does not scream for the Bears to use their second 1st rounder on, it would have to be the CB spot. I'd love to think if Poles was watching this clip, that he was laughing his ass off.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just wanna know how these guys know who we are picking.......Im sure this is more of a need something write being theres nothing left to write about.....

Im up for Bowers as a 4th option pick behind the big 3 wrs.....but one of the three will be there at 9.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just wanna know how these guys know who we are picking.......Im sure this is more of a need something write being theres nothing left to write about.....

Im up for Bowers as a 4th option pick behind the big 3 wrs.....but one of the three will be there at 9.
Here's a video bringing up Bowers among other subjects:

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a video bringing up Bowers among other subjects:

I seen the trade scenario with the Chargers,with the Bears adfing one of their two 2nd round picks to move up and take MHJ......
I think it would take more than next years 2nd to do that,cause Hartison is a very valueable asstet to that depleted wr corps.......So I dont think they would do it.......

And if Im Poles,Id just stay pat and see who falls to 9.

Bowers is a player who can play slot too,so hes a little more than te.
But as I said,he would be my 4th option........

And its very unlikley Sigler knows what two players has been narrowed down to.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And its very unlikley Sigler knows what two players has been narrowed down to.
I'm pretty sure Poles and his key people have mapped out the various scenarios as far as how the draft will unfold. But I like to think that they're all being tight lipped, as any leaked info won't help them at all.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure Poles and his key people have mapped out the various scenarios as far as how the draft will unfold. But I like to think that they're all being tight lipped, as any leaked info won't help them at all.
I was just trying to get at " Dont believe everything you read"......

Just cause it is reporte,doesnt mean its truee......