• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Options Options Options

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The five roads to the 9th pick:

Icksnay on Road #5. And let's just say I'm damn glad Josh Schrock is not the Bears GM:

That suggested trade back with the Steelers in particular is garbage.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The five roads to the 9th pick:

Icksnay on Road #5. And let's just say I'm damn glad Josh Schrock is not the Bears GM:

That suggested trade back with the Steelers in particular is garbage.

Josh Chrock doesnt have a clue......I watch him all the time on FNIC giving his thoughts,very little do I ever agree......

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's add another wrinkle to our draft situation. I've been seeing here and there that next year's draft will be strong at the DE/Edge spot, with as many as 6 or 7 potential 1st round talents. Also strong, but not quite as is the DT postion as well. Haven't done any sort of a deep dive to confirm this, but assuming there's some validity, it makes me wonder if Poles & co aren't eyeing next year to grab one of these young lions, perhaps either going with the staus quo, or *shudder* maybe even re-signng Yannick Ngakoue for one more year at a reduced salary. He remains unsigned at the present. Overall his performance last year was on the crappy side of the equation, but he did seem to play better once Sweat joined the roster. If nothing else, food for thought.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So for the sake of argument, let's say Poles skips taking a WR with the 9th pick and opts for either someone from the OL or DL. Here's an article throwing in a few names who might be available at 75, assuming Poles holds onto that slot. There are two articles in this link, scroll down to find the second one discussing the mid round possibilities:

I'd also throw in Brenden Rice, Ja'Lynn Polk, Anthony Gould, and Jalen McMillan as others for consideration.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's add another wrinkle to our draft situation. I've been seeing here and there that next year's draft will be strong at the DE/Edge spot, with as many as 6 or 7 potential 1st round talents. Also strong, but not quite as is the DT postion as well. Haven't done any sort of a deep dive to confirm this, but assuming there's some validity, it makes me wonder if Poles & co aren't eyeing next year to grab one of these young lions, perhaps either going with the staus quo, or *shudder* maybe even re-signng Yannick Ngakoue for one more year at a reduced salary. He remains unsigned at the present. Overall his performance last year was on the crappy side of the equation, but he did seem to play better once Sweat joined the roster. If nothing else, food for thought.
Still haven't done any sort of deep dive - pretty hard to do this when we're talking the '25 draft - but as I continue to read/hear/see regarding next year's draft pool, it's looking more and more that it's gonna be stacked with DL talent and the DE/Edge in particular. Something akin to this year's WR pool, altho I doubt it will be as deep. Still, considering at this point we'll have two picks in the top 50 (more like top 35 or so), and possibly a third if our team unfortunately fails to make the postseason, I'm thinking Poles might give less consideration for using our 9th pick on the DL and instead focus on the WR or OT spots.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unfortunately fails to make the postseason, I'm thinking Poles might give less consideration for using our 9th pick on the DL and instead focus on the WR or OT spots.
What OT spot is is need of replacement? I'm confused by this.

Only 3 picks that make sense to me, Wr, Te, ans DE. Only Te because of Bowers.

Last edited:

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't rule out an OT being drafted. We had like 4 or 5 offensive linemen in our 30 visits...A couple of which were OT's.

My understanding is that every significant player we drafted last year was met during the 30 visits...so if you find a list of who we met this year...It's probably gonna have the players we pick.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't rule out an OT being drafted. We had like 4 or 5 offensive linemen in our 30 visits...A couple of which were OT's.

My understanding is that every significant player we drafted last year was met during the 30 visits...so if you find a list of who we met this year...It's probably gonna have the players we pick.
Keeping in mind we only have 4 picks. Sure bring in many. Now do I think Poles moves down for more picks at some point? Even at 9, probably so. Bothers me not if he keeps it if "his" guy(s) drop to 9. My thought is, one of the 4-5 QB's drop to the 9 spot and Poles moves down for that.

Tho it really doesn't explain why we need a Tackle. Braxton is a viable Tackle, the rook played over his head and was the best Rook Tackle last year and will only be better going forward. Not sure with the holes at Center, DT, DE and Wr why the Bears would choose a Tackle AND currently with only 4 picks.

Last edited:

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is partly based on what I've been seeing about next year's draft, which is going to be leaning heavily on the DL. Not sure at this point about the OL for next year, but there are some big time names for this year, so sometimes you go where the best players are. I also think we're ok at the OL, with no real glaring need, but if someone like a Joe Alt is still there when Poles is on the clock - which I doubt - but if so, it would be hard to pass on him. We should always remember that Poles is strictly a BPA guy and he'll take whoever he has ranked highest, regardless of position, when he's ready to make his selection.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wont be WR or TE imo.
This WR class is very deep and Bears are set at both positions. Not a pressing need.

My gut says they are trading down from the 9 spot.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wont be WR or TE imo.
This WR class is very deep and Bears are set at both positions. Not a pressing need.

My gut says they are trading down from the 9 spot.
I think if there's an argument to be made against taking a WR with the 9th pick is knowing there will still be some real talent left on the board at 75 or even 122, which are the final two picks for Da Bearssss. Still, if either Odunze or Nabers is there at 9, I'm 100% with Poles taking him.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if either Odunze or Nabers is there at 9, I'm 100% with Poles taking him.
Didnt someone post a story that some NFL guy ranks the Bears current WR room at 6th in the league?

If thats so then that means there are 26 NFL GMs who may believe they have to have that #9 WR.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didnt someone post a story that some NFL guy ranks the Bears current WR room at 6th in the league?

If thats so then that means there are 26 NFL GMs who may believe they have to have that #9 WR.
I saw that same ranking and I was surprised. While there's no doubt we now have a fierce 1-2 combination in Moore and Allen, we're paper thin after that. Maybe they were taking into account our TEs in Kmet & Everett, the latter of whom has been an underrated signing. But if that ranking was based on strictly wideouts, I just don't see how we're 6th.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, but the precipitous drop off after Allen and Moore is shocking. Hence the Bears need at Wr. Takes more than 2 to run a pro offense.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure the WR1 and WR2 are weighted against the rest of corp.
That has to be it. Hey, those are two super solid WRs, no questioning that. It's just I like to take in the entire unit as a whole.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but the precipitous drop off after Allen and Moore is shocking. Hence the Bears need at Wr. Takes more than 2 to run a pro offense.
And as happy as I am that we have Allen on the team, we have to remember that he does miss games here and there. Only 2 of 11 seasons has he played in every game. A 3rd go-to receiver is pretty much a must.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, this is a deep WR class. Dont need to burn the #9 pick for it imo.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two names who appear to be popping up relative to the Bears #9 pick and in general moving up on a number of mock draft boards are DT Byron Murphy II and DE/Edge Latu Laitu. Whereas for months both players were slated anywhere in the draft from the mid teens to the mid 20's, I've been seeing them slowly but steadily moving up and even seeing a couple here and there at #9. Murphy in particular may have have replaced Illinois DT Jerry Newton as the top DT. These are two names to keep an eye on, especially if Poles does a trade back.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two names who appear to be popping up relative to the Bears #9 pick and in general moving up on a number of mock draft boards are DT Byron Murphy II and DE/Edge Latu Laitu. Whereas for months both players were slated anywhere in the draft from the mid teens to the mid 20's, I've been seeing them slowly but steadily moving up and even seeing a couple here and there at #9. Murphy in particular may have have replaced Illinois DT Jerry Newton as the top DT. These are two names to keep an eye on, especially if Poles does a trade back.
Wouldn't surprise me if Latu is the #9 pick. He's a top 2 edge and top 10 overall talent in this class

DT can be punted until rd 3, lot of solid players at the position