• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Opt outs

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These jack offs kneel for the national anthem, you think they can relate to our service members who are away for months from their pregnant wives and ill children while being shot at? These asshole players are worse than politicians in some ways.

Congratulations. You wrote the dumbest thing I’ll read this week.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fixed, fuckhead

You’re bad at fixing things. I had to read your reply so clearly it was wrong. Think before you attempt these things idiot. Insults should at least make sense. Try again, dumb dumb.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand the general attitude floating around that "Well, very RIGHTFULLY they opted out". Almost as if it's stupid to even play. It's not. No more stupid than me working right now and I don't have millions of dollars worth of doctors/trainers/regular testing to look after me.

It's absolutely stupid to play. If I was playing in the NFL absolutely I would sit out. It's not about just one player. If they are privileged enough where they can sit out for a year, why would they play? How is it not stupid to play??

Just because you are poor and underprivileged doesn't mean everyone should be bound to your limitations.

They should just cancel the whole thing.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don’t see an issue and have zero problem with a player choosing to opt out.

Just because someone is healthy and not at risk doesn’t mean they couldn’t get seriously ill and even die from Covid. We are seeing reports nearly daily of people who are succumbing to the virus without having pre existing conditions. And while a pregnant woman might not be more at risk...if it were your wife would you want her to catch it? Or your daughter? Or anyone you cared about?

Stop comparing playing sports to other regular jobs...that’s insanely stupid. These are men paid to play a game that entertains people. They aren’t doctors or teachers or police. Their job isn’t necessary for the world to function properly. They shouldn’t have to spend 4 months away from their family. No one should. Yes some jobs require it but football isn’t one of those jobs. And the people who do have those jobs...chose to have those jobs. So stop.
They also do a job that very few people can. It's not like the oil rig worker could just go play cb if he feels like it. They are a select few, and have only a limited time to make their money.

We also have ZERO information on long term effects of the virus. There could be all kinds of shit we dont know. I personally know a guy that has 40 of his previous lung capacity. Otherwise completely healthy, active, guy. His disabled for life now.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They also do a job that very few people can. It's not like the oil rig worker could just go play cb if he feels like it. They are a select few, and have only a limited time to make their money.

We also have ZERO information on long term effects of the virus. There could be all kinds of shit we dont know. I personally know a guy that has 40 of his previous lung capacity. Otherwise completely healthy, active, guy. His disabled for life now.

One of my best friends has a 10 year old grandson currently on a ventilator and doctors think he likely has partial
brain damage from a lack of oxygen at some point. Kid had zero existing conditions.

My wife lost a 45 year old cousin about a month ago, she passed about 3 days after being diagnosed.

Ive heard a lot of people are suffering from the decreased lung function after recovery. As well as other long term complications.

It’s crazy. That’s why I have zero issue with someone that has to the ability to opt out doing so.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of my best friends has a 10 year old grandson currently on a ventilator and doctors think he likely has partial
brain damage from a lack of oxygen at some point. Kid had zero existing conditions.

My wife lost a 45 year old cousin about a month ago, she passed about 3 days after being diagnosed.

Ive heard a lot of people are suffering from the decreased lung function after recovery. As well as other long term complications.

It’s crazy. That’s why I have zero issue with someone that has to the ability to opt out doing so.
So we agree on more than me being an asshole?

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think you’re an asshole. I think you’re an idiot that wants everyone to believe he’s an asshole.
tenor.gif

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, he knows you, Pete....

.....well
I'm smart enough to know I'm not that smart. Dumbfucks think they know everything. I have never met a person, ever, that tried to convince me they were smart, that wasnt sharp as a marble.
I am however, a genuine asshole.