• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Only SLIGHTLY early mock draft 2015

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously doubt A. Cooper drops below a fifth pick

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously doubt A. Cooper drops below a fifth pick

I agree

I've had some that had Marcus M. Available at our pick and I didn't draft him because I thought it was unrealistic.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree

I've had some that had Marcus M. Available at our pick and I didn't draft him because I thought it was unrealistic.

Yeah there's no way Cooper's getting to 12 but I couldn't resist taking him. It's not very realistic in my opinion especially with the trades

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we should be ok at RB with Mason, bennie, stacy.

I have this strange feeling that with the way Stacy has not been used hardly at all in the last 6 weeks, he may be dangled out there to replace one of the 2 picks we gave up to get Barron. That is why I am looking at RB. If they do not move Stacy, I think you will see TE and not RB get taken at that point in the draft.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen much of Clemson this year, but isn't Vic Beasley more of a 3-4 OLB pass rusher? I think the Rams need more of a solid, run-stuffing 4-3 SLB than another pass rusher.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gave it a try today (traded down twice: w/ CLE in the 2nd and with BAL in the 3rd):

1.12 Jameis Winston QB, FSU
2.14 Arie Kouandjio OG, Alabama (from CLE)
3.19 Eric Kendricks LB, UCLA (from BAL)
4.14 Tryus Thompson OT, Oklahoma (from CLE)
4.19 Paul Dawson LB, TCU (from BAL)
5.12 Jake Smith C, Louisville
7.30 Tra'Mayne Bondurant FS, Arizona

Was graded a B, but filled most of the problem areas with quality players. Wasn't aiming for Jameis, but he was an easy decision when he was still there. Big strong QB with big strong OG, RT, and C, as well as talented reinforcements at LB (Kendricks at SAM, Dawson for depth) and a hybrid FS/slot corner that even played some hybrid LB.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it except Kendricks is 4-3 MLB, not an OLB. He would be the depth and Dawson would replace Dunbar on the weakside. Still not sold on using our first on Winston. QB really is not the problem IMO, or at least not as big a problem as the O line. Dallas has created the blueprint for that. We draft another lineman or two and Mason will run for 1200 next year and whoever the QB is (Bradford,Hoyer,Ponder,Hundley,Petty,Winston) will be VERY successful/.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe we are already drafting in December :L

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacob my friend, even if we were gearing up for a playoff run, I would be prepping for the draft. I am kind of a geek like that. I love it. Can't help it. Besides, last year we were talking draft after the Panthers game... lol

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok Schotty, Samantha, and some butter biscuits for a 2nd rounder?

Glad we didn't take Johnny Manziel. :suds:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it except Kendricks is 4-3 MLB, not an OLB. He would be the depth and Dawson would replace Dunbar on the weakside. Still not sold on using our first on Winston. QB really is not the problem IMO, or at least not as big a problem as the O line. Dallas has created the blueprint for that. We draft another lineman or two and Mason will run for 1200 next year and whoever the QB is (Bradford,Hoyer,Ponder,Hundley,Petty,Winston) will be VERY successful/.

I have those other linemen in my draft. You don't really need to pick RT, C, or OG in the first round. 1st round you need to really capitalize on value IMO. Hoyer and Ponder aren't going to be VERY successful anywhere but in the own minds, lol.

I've seen Kendricks listed as MLB or OLB in the 4-3. I see Dawson as a possible Borland type, undersized but very productive.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have those other linemen in my draft. You don't really need to pick RT, C, or OG in the first round.

I project an OT in round 1 simply because I do not think we will resign Barksdale and that Long will be cut. Barksdale will get a deal like Saffold did from the Raiders from SOMEONE and I do think the Rams will want to pay that much. As for C or OG, there are no legit interior prospects until the middle to late 2nd round anyways. So if the Rams do indeed resign Barksdale (which I would not be opposed to) then you look for the best LB available. Shaq Thompson, Randy Gregory, Dante Fowler or Bernardrick McKinney would ALL look nice in blue and gold.
If not a LB then look at WR maybe if one of the top 5 guys are there. I really REALLY like Jaelen Strong and Devin Funchess.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's one I just did. Probably unrealistic but wouldn't be upset if this happened:

Round 1 Pick 13 (HOU): Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama (A)
Round 2 Pick 12: A.J. Cann, OG, South Carolina (A)
Round 2 Pick 13 (HOU): Gerod Holliman, FS, Louisville (A)
Round 3 Pick 12: Andy Gallik, C, Boston College (B+)
Round 3 Pick 27 (IND): Geneo Grissom, OLB, Oklahoma (A)
Round 3 Pick 32 (ARI): Senquez Golson, CB, Ole Miss (B+)
Round 4 Pick 27 (IND): Garrett Grayson, QB, Colorado State (A-)
Round 5 Pick 26 (DET): Tyrus Thompson, OT, Oklahoma (A-)
Round 6 Pick 26 (DET): Gerald Christian, TE, Louisville (A-)

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early thoughts on the QBs in this class:

Mariota looks heads and shoulders above the rest. Obviously he isnt a guarantee to be great but he is able to get good arm strength and accuracy even when his footwork is off. He takes care of the ball, he makes big plays with his arm and theoretically can also make big plays with his legs. I don't think he'll make it out of the top 5.

Winston has a lot of Bortles in him - clutch, good size, wild accuracy, WRs that do a lot of the work. Probably a decent QB on a good offense and a terrible one on a bad offense.

Im not sure I see a reason to pick Cook over Austin Davis.

Hundley has everything you want from the neck down but would need to sit and learn the game for a year.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thought Cook decided to stay in school, which is the best decision he could make. Did he change his mind?

Hundley has everything you want from the neck down but would need to sit and learn the game for a year.

Perfect if they decide to bring back Bradford. He can succeed on his ability if need be, but learning for a year would be best. Kinda like Bridgewater this season. I also feel the same about Bryce Petty. He can be ok if he was needed to play now, but a year behind Bradford would be great for him.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's one I just did. Probably unrealistic but wouldn't be upset if this happened:

Round 1 Pick 13 (HOU): Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama (A)
Round 2 Pick 12: A.J. Cann, OG, South Carolina (A)
Round 2 Pick 13 (HOU): Gerod Holliman, FS, Louisville (A)
Round 3 Pick 12: Andy Gallik, C, Boston College (B+)
Round 3 Pick 27 (IND): Geneo Grissom, OLB, Oklahoma (A)
Round 3 Pick 32 (ARI): Senquez Golson, CB, Ole Miss (B+)
Round 4 Pick 27 (IND): Garrett Grayson, QB, Colorado State (A-)
Round 5 Pick 26 (DET): Tyrus Thompson, OT, Oklahoma (A-)
Round 6 Pick 26 (DET): Gerald Christian, TE, Louisville (A-)

Not too realistic at all really. Grayson is the guy I hope we target if for some reason we do not get Hundley or Petty earlier.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thought Cook decided to stay in school, which is the best decision he could make. Did he change his mind?

Perfect if they decide to bring back Bradford. He can succeed on his ability if need be, but learning for a year would be best. Kinda like Bridgewater this season. I also feel the same about Bryce Petty. He can be ok if he was needed to play now, but a year behind Bradford would be great for him.
Ah, didnt hear about Cook. Good for him. He should stay in college.

I'm not sure you can predict anything with Bradford other then him getting injured at some point in the next 2 years. Or the next time he is hit. Bradford should be the team's Plan B. Or C. Like Bradford, Hundley has issues seeing things downfield. I guess he could learn from Bradfords mistakes as the coaching staff is swearing on the sidelines.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To everyone drafting Cooper at 12. I also did that mock, not sure why the system has them trade like that. I think Cooper would be a good pick, but do any of us think he'll fall that far?

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early thoughts on the QBs in this class:

Mariota looks heads and shoulders above the rest. Obviously he isnt a guarantee to be great but he is able to get good arm strength and accuracy even when his footwork is off. He takes care of the ball, he makes big plays with his arm and theoretically can also make big plays with his legs. I don't think he'll make it out of the top 5.

Winston has a lot of Bortles in him - clutch, good size, wild accuracy, WRs that do a lot of the work. Probably a decent QB on a good offense and a terrible one on a bad offense.

I think Winston will eventually be the number one quarterback. I'm scared of MM he's throwing to wide-open receivers running wild right now that won't be the case in the NFL. it will be tight windows to throw in and he will have to learn drop back and timing. I don't think his accuracy is that good. Guess we'll find out at the combine