• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Only SLIGHTLY early mock draft 2015

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think Bradford will be the QB next year. This draft is week at QB depth. The only question with Bradford is if he can stay healthy. He can make all the throws. he had so much more zip on the ball this year from working out his upper body during his rehab, up until he got hurt. He doesn't make dumb mistakes or panics like Davis that cost you games. I know he has he's not exciting but with a couple more pieces on this defense and a solid draft we don't need an Aaron Rodgers to win a lot of games.

I would have to agree, that unfortunately "if" he is still here next year, he just might be our QB.

I would have to disagree with your assessment that he "doesn't make dumb mistakes or panics, I've seen years of that from him!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have to agree, that unfortunately "if" he is still here next year, he just might be our QB.

I would have to disagree with your assessment that he "doesn't make dumb mistakes or panics, I've seen years of that from him!

Maybe the first couple years but you have to consider the talent he was working with. not just receivers but the OL was terrible. Since he's been in this system for a couple years I think that's gone way down. He certainly has been improving. He'll never be Manning or Aaron Rodgers but I think he is above average on making throws with velocity to anywhere on the field. That's not easy to find. When he was getting happy feet he was getting abused back there. No one would've survived that onslaught.

STLADAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Round 1 Shaq Thompson OLB Washington

Round 2 Connor Cook Qb Mich St

Round 3 Laken Tomlinson G Duke / or if he is there DGB Dorial Green Beckham

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing. Is Fisher and Snead really going to want to start over with a rookie quarterback? I can't see that. They are under pressure to win now. You simply don't know what you're going to get in the draft. See RG3. Not to mention it looks like they're going to be picking around 15 so you're not going to get the top quarterbacks. they know exactly what they have in Bradford it's just a gamble if he can stay healthy or not. I would just try to re-sign Hill or another veteran
QB in case Bradford goes down again. It really couldn't happen three times could it? lol

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok based on what I am hearing, let's mess around with my projection a bit:

Let's assume we sign a FA QB (whether Bradford or someone else), re sign Davis and Keenum. Do you still go after a QB in this draft or pass on a QB altogether? I only ask because the guy I really REALLY wanted coming out of this draft at QB was Connor Cook from Michigan St, but he is staying school.
Would you guys be excited about a first 3 rounds that looked like this:
1st - La'el Collins OG/OT LSU or Cedric Ogbuehi OT/OG Texas A&M
2nd - Eric Kendricks LB UCLA or Denzel Perryman LB Miami
3rd - Wayne Lyons CB Stanford or Senquez Gohlson CB Ol Miss
Then look at WR depth, O line Depth and LB depth in the 5-7 rounds??
I really think everything we do in the draft is going to depend on whether we sign a FA QB or bring Bradford back at a very reduced rate.

Last edited by a moderator:

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the first couple years but you have to consider the talent he was working with. not just receivers but the OL was terrible. Since he's been in this system for a couple years I think that's gone way down. He certainly has been improving. He'll never be Manning or Aaron Rodgers but I think he is above average on making throws with velocity to anywhere on the field. That's not easy to find. When he was getting happy feet he was getting abused back there. No one would've survived that onslaught.

Well when a QB goes No. 1 overall and you're paying him 17mil a year he better play like Rodgers or Manning.

to add to that, even if Bradford played like Manning or Rodgers I would be more inclined to keep him around, but he hasn't shown that in the 5 years he's been here. Yes there are reasons why he hasn't but honestly I don't care anymroe

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Round 1 Shaq Thompson OLB Washington

Round 2 Connor Cook Qb Mich St

Round 3 Laken Tomlinson G Duke / or if he is there DGB Dorial Green Beckham

I like the idea of a stud linebacker in the first-round. Our linebacker depth is weak. And JL55 isn't getting any younger. I like the MLB from it's a Mississippi St too. Cook said he was going back to Michigan State but If he decides to come out He'll be long gone by the second round in this week draft a QB's

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
STLADAM, Cook already stated he was going back to school and DGB is not making it out of round 1, much less out of round 2. I like Laken Tomlinson too. I also LOVE Shaq Thompson. Trick with Thompson in round 1 would be how much of a drop off would it be from Thompson to Kendricks or Perryman as opposed to the drop off from Collins or Ogbuehi to someone like Tomlinson.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok based on what I am hearing, let's mess around with my projection a bit:

Let's assume we sign a FA QB (whether Bradford or someone else), re sign Davis and Keenum. Do you still go after a QB in this draft or pass on a QB altogether? I only ask because the guy I really REALLY wanted coming out of this draft at QB was Connor Cook from Michigan St, but he is staying school.
Would you guys be excited about a first 3 rounds that looked like this:
1st - La'el Collins OG/OT LSU or Cedric Ogbuehi OT/OG Texas A&M
2nd - Eric Kendricks LB UCLA or Denzel Perryman LB Miami
3rd - Wayne Lyons CB Stanford or Senquez Gohlson CB Ol Miss
Then look at WR depth, O line Depth and LB depth in the 5-7 rounds??
I really think everything we do in the draft is going to depend on whether we sign a FA QB or bring Bradford back at a very reduced rate.

I know Cook said he was going back to school but I won't be surprised if he changes his mind. If he's smart he will. it's almost guaranteed he'll be a top 15 pick in this draft. he would be crazy not too.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry, but our oline is still terrible, aside from the "one" game last week. With his injury history, relying on him to be your starting QB is not realistic anymore, they would be beyond foolish to go into next year thinking he will be our starting QB, he has never done anything, and he never will!

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well when a QB goes No. 1 overall and you're paying him 17mil a year he better play like Rodgers or Manning.

to add to that, even if Bradford played like Manning or Rodgers I would be more inclined to keep him around, but he hasn't shown that in the 5 years he's been here. Yes there are reasons why he hasn't but honestly I don't care anymroe

....for a second there, I thought I was reading one of BOSS's posts! Maybe there's hope for you after all Jacob!

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Cook said he was going back to school but I won't be surprised if he changes his mind. If he's smart he will. it's almost guaranteed he'll be a top 15 pick in this draft. he would be crazy not too.

Agreed. With only 2 definite QB's being taken in the first round (Mariota and Winston), he'd absolutely be in the top 10-15 picks of the first round since there'd be quite a few teams that would be interested in drafting him after the first two are gone.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line is if Cook enters the draft and is there when we pick in round 1, we would be stupid NOT to take him no matter what other QB's are on the roster at the time.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont get it whats so great about him?

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pro Style offense for 3 seasons, 6'4" and can move in the pocket, almost 60% completion rate for his career. Very confident.

As for a guy I might look at in the later rounds, Tulane has a 6'4 QB goes by the name of Montana, Nick Montana!! :whistle:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pro Style offense for 3 seasons, 6'4" and can move in the pocket, almost 60% completion rate for his career. Very confident.

As for a guy I might look at in the later rounds, Tulane has a 6'4 QB goes by the name of Montana, Nick Montana!! :whistle:

Yeah but will he be able to beat out Bradford in camp? I doubt it. I'd rather have another stud on D or a bad ass WR.

Last edited by a moderator:

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the OLB from Louisville. :)

Where u been??

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I want one of these beasts RBs coming out. We need an LB and I wouldn't be opposed to stud OG or C in the 3rd.

Hundley won't last that long. Early 2nd he's gone or sooner. Big game on tonight for Brett Hundley. But he's been playing good lately.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I want one of these beasts RBs coming out. We need an LB and I wouldn't be opposed to stud OG or C in the 3rd.

Hundley won't last that long. Early 2nd he's gone or sooner. Big game on tonight for Brett Hundley. But he's been playing good lately.
Hundley is one of those guys that will get hyped up and end up being a mid-late 1st or he might drop like a rock (but I dont see that happening imo). If the Rams finish the season well enough then Hundley would be their 1st rounder.

I want one of these RBs but not at the cost of not drafting someone else. Its like WR...the Rams have already put too much into that position and its not like Mason was some nobody coming out of college.

The QB that fits the Rams mold the most is Winston. The Rams like upside and they like drafting multiple players from the same school (a buddy system) and the Rams already have someone from FSU.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marshall's QB Cato is no joke. He might be the steal of the draft. He can sling it and he has wheels.

Has he faced a top defense? not really