• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Only SLIGHTLY early mock draft 2015

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as Bradford beating Phil, Dal, Ari, SD, and NYG, I agree he could of possibly won the SD game, as far as Phil, Dal, and NY, I highly doubt Sammie is going to put up more than 34, 34, and 37 points, that's asking a lot.

He would not have put up more points per se, but I can bet that he makes fewer mistakes that lead to points than Davis and/or Hill did. Bradford does not throw either INT at the end of the 1st Arizona game. I am 100% convinced Bradford gets us in the end zone on that last drive to beat Philly. And he would have led us down to at least a tying field goal try against Dallas.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rankings seem to be starting to take shape... in this mock I made only one trade. I traded down in the 2nd round from 12-25 and got a 3rd and a 4th:

Your score is: 5239 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 12: La'el Collins, OT, LSU (A)
Round 2 Pick 25 (CINN): Reese Dismukes, C, Auburn (A)
Round 3 Pick 12: Arie Kouandjio, OG, Alabama (A)
Round 3 Pick 25 (CINN): Bryce Petty, QB, Baylor (A)
Round 4 Pick 25 (CINN): Antwan Goodley, WR, Baylor (A)
Round 5 Pick 12: Josh Shaw, CB, Southern California (A)
Round 7 Pick 32: Aaron Davis, OLB, Colorado State (A-)

My thinking with not drafting a FS anywhere is two fold. One, after the first 3 there is a HUGE dropoff. And two, the Rams not only have LaMarcus Joyner and Mo Alexander that can play FS, imo Shaw has the cover skills and nose for the ball to convert to a FS. For that matter, so do Gaines or Tru. I like how this draft plays out myself. I would be extremely happy.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as Bradford beating Phil, Dal, Ari, SD, and NYG, I agree he could of possibly won the SD game, as far as Phil, Dal, and NY, I highly doubt Sammie is going to put up more than 34, 34, and 37 points, that's asking a lot.

He would not have put up more points per se, but I can bet that he makes fewer mistakes that lead to points than Davis and/or Hill did. Bradford does not throw either INT at the end of the 1st Arizona game. I am 100% convinced Bradford gets us in the end zone on that last drive to beat Philly. And he would have led us down to at least a tying field goal try against Dallas.

Again, I would have to disagree with you, we don't know that Bradford wouldn't have thrown interceptions ? When your team is down and your trying to make things happen, quite often bad things happen. Over the course of Bradfords career we have repeatedly been down late in games, seriously he has not brought us back to victory too many times as his 17-31-1 record indicates. I think he has like 5 come from behind wins, but he would have had 3 the first half of this year? Maybe?, but I really don't think so. The defense gave up the leads in all those games and it didn't matter who the QB was. Yes Davis threw a pick 6 late in the Dallas game, but I don't see Bradford throwing for over 300 yards in both those games with multiple TD passes as Davigs did. Davis threw for what like 375 and 3 TD's in the Philly game Bradford would do better than that, that's kind of hard to believe:yahoo:

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I would have to disagree with you, we don't know that Bradford wouldn't have thrown interceptions ? When your team is down and your trying to make things happen, quite often bad things happen. Over the course of Bradfords career we have repeatedly been down late in games, seriously he has not brought us back to victory too many times as his 17-31-1 record indicates. I think he has like 5 come from behind wins, but he would have had 3 the first half of this year? Maybe?, but I really don't think so. The defense gave up the leads in all those games and it didn't matter who the QB was. Yes Davis threw a pick 6 late in the Dallas game, but I don't see Bradford throwing for over 300 yards in both those games with multiple TD passes as Davigs did. Davis threw for what like 375 and 3 TD's in the Philly game Bradford would do better than that, that's kind of hard to believe:yahoo:
The Arizona game we were down 17-10 and driving when Davis imploded. I think Bradford leads us to a tying score there. Same with Dallas. I do not think Bradford throws the pick six. And we were winning there when that pick occured if my memory serves me correctly. Not saying Bradford throws for more yards than Davis, but I think he finds a way to close that drive out in Philly. I guess we will agree to disagree!!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Arizona game we were down 17-10 and driving when Davis imploded. I think Bradford leads us to a tying score there. Same with Dallas. I do not think Bradford throws the pick six. And we were winning there when that pick occured if my memory serves me correctly. Not saying Bradford throws for more yards than Davis, but I think he finds a way to close that drive out in Philly. I guess we will agree to disagree!!

We will have to disagree, because I have not seen Bradford do it before so there is no reason for me to believe that he would drive us to victory now. And Bradfords pass could also easily get "deflected" like Davis's pick 6 in the Arizona game. We were up 21-0 on Dallas, Defense collapsed in that game and Bradford can't play defense too:suds:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will have to disagree, because I have not seen Bradford do it before so there is no reason for me to believe that he would drive us to victory now. And Bradfords pass could also easily get "deflected" like Davis's pick 6 in the Arizona game. We were up 21-0 on Dallas, Defense collapsed in that game and Bradford can't play defense too:suds:

Sometimes the D collapses because the Offense can't move the ball. 3 and outs kill the D. No way they lose that gm with Sam.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes the D collapses because the Offense can't move the ball. 3 and outs kill the D. No way they lose that gm with Sam.

Ok Coug, take your blinders off, I tape every game, the Ram defense lost the Dallas game period.

Let me fill you in sense you aren't getting it. Davis lead Rams on a 80 and 65 yard drives and Jenkins had a pick 6, Rams up 21-0

With 6:00 left in first half Dallas drives 80 yards on Ram Defense. Rams lead 21-7

2nd quarter Rams have the ball at the Stl 47 with Davis in the shot gun, wells hikes it half way there, fumble gies to Wells, Dallas drives for FG rams up 21-10 right before halftime. Exactly what would Bradford have done differently there?

Opening kickoff of second half Dallas scores on 68 yard pass to Bryant, not one Ram defender within 20 yards of him. HOW WOULD BRADFORD HAVE PREVENTED THERE? Rams 21-17

Next possession Davis drives Rams to the Cowboy 15 yard line, on 4th and 1, Stacy gets -1 and Dallas gets the ball. WHAT WOULD HAVE BEEN DIFFERENT WITH BRADFORD IN THERE? Dalls then drives 62 yards for FG. Rams 21-20

Next possession Rams drive 72 yards, COOK DROPS TD CATCH IN THE END ZONE, Rams settle for FG. WHAT WOULD HAVE BEEN DIFFERNT WITH BRADFORD IN THERE? Rams 24-20

Dallas drives 84 yards, Dallas 27-24

Then ya with the Defense that COLLAPSED and gave up the, Davis threw a pick 6 after being BEHIND, it happens to even the greats, you can't say that BRadford does or doesn't throw same pick with us behind.
Dallas 34-24

Rams drive 80 yards for TD Dallas 34-31

Ram defense FINALLY stops Dallas, Rams get ball at their own 14 with UNDER 2:00 to go Davis completes couple of passes then gets picked on a bomb!

Really as you say sometimes the Defense collapses because the offense has numerous 3 and outs. In this game the offense controlled the ball for almost 33 minutes, had numerous long sustained drives, so don't give me that 3 and out:bullshit:

And again, tell me how Bradford would have helped keep this defense off the field more than Davis, you can't! Because he couldn't have done any more.

Tell me would Bradford have throwN a better pass to Cook, absolutely not, couldn't have been a better pass.

Is Wells going to make a better snap because Sammie was back there, NO!

Does Bradford throw a pick 6 after the Defense gave up the HUGE lead? You can't say yes or no, because you don't know, you"assume" that he wouldn't.

We controlled this game offensively, more than any game I can remember, DESPITE the defense. We had at least 5 drives of over 65 yards, I can't say that I EVER remember Sammie doing that!

Now please tryk and turn and twist this game into one that IF SAMMIE WAS PLAYING WE WOULD HAVE ONE!

I call :bullshit:

Last edited by a moderator:

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously anything we say about what Bradford would or would not do is complete theory. We will never know for sure how ANY of these games would have played out with Bradford. I mean we are not even talking about the Minnesota game where neither Hill nor Davis could move the ball or the first Niners game where Cookie cost us all the momentum... it is all woulda coulda shoulda.

Bottom line is Bradford will most likely be back under center (assuming health) in 2015 with a rookie behind him so we need to make sure the O line is top tier, whether thru free agency, the draft or (my personal preference) BOTH!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if Bradford would have made too much of a difference. He might have gotten the Rams 3 more wins from not turning it over as much and 2 more losses from not throwing deep and maybe having one or two really bad turnovers which is what he seems to average every year.

The Rams issue is that the defense wasnt fully intact at the start of the season and the Rams offensive line has fallen apart up the middle in at least 3 games. They have also lost a couple of games from poor QB play but we can say that about Bradford, too

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously anything we say about what Bradford would or would not do is complete theory. We will never know for sure how ANY of these games would have played out with Bradford. I mean we are not even talking about the Minnesota game where neither Hill nor Davis could move the ball or the first Niners game where Cookie cost us all the momentum... it is all woulda coulda shoulda.

Bottom line is Bradford will most likely be back under center (assuming health) in 2015 with a rookie behind him so we need to make sure the O line is top tier, whether thru free agency, the draft or (my personal preference) BOTH!

KSU, I can't blame that first SF loss on Cook, I remember that play like it was last weekend, that offensive pass interference on Cook was a BS call by the refs. They don't call that the Rams are up 21-3 or worse case 17-3, and they would have burned most of the clock and SF would not have gotten that 80 yard TD to Lloyd with 14 seconds left.

Bottom line it happened, but if it doesn't the Rams are Are up 20-17 in the 4th quarter and Davis isn't put into the situation where the Rams had the ball on their own 9 yard line with 1:05 left in the game before he threw the pick 6. The same thing happened in the Dallas game, you start at your own 14 yard line with under 2 minutes, and bad things are going to happen more often than good!

I'm not busting your balls, but a lot of people on here just don't get some of the reasons QB's actually throw pick 6's. That's a bad position to be in for Manning or any good QB, let alone a basically first year QB who hasn't even played 4 games in his life.

That's why I'm saying that Bradford in any of these games would make a difference, the beginning of the year our defense gave up a ton of big plays.

I was more or less arguing Cougars point that he was inferring that the Ram offense put the Ram defense in bad spots in the Dallas game, and nothing could be further from the truth. Probably the best game the offense played all year, the D flat out lost that game!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meant to say Bradford "wouldn't" have made a difference in any of these games. We would, pretty much have the same record if Bradford had been healthy

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that was a very pessimistic view of those QBs. Way too harsh on Dalton and Glennon, and I'm curious as to how Cousins is overrated as a backup QB? That Redskins roster is awful in general.

Definitely. There's only maybe three guys on that team that I'd like to have (DeSean Jackson, Pierre Garcon and possibly Brian Orakpo on a one year deal to prove he can stay healthy).

sooner4life130

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Meant to say Bradford "wouldn't" have made a difference in any of these games. We would, pretty much have the same record if Bradford had been healthy

Obviously we will never know. I think a good indicator on how Sam would have done this season is how he played against the Packers in pre season. The first few drives in pre season, the starters are in. He was 9/12 101 yards and a touchdown. Thats against probably the best team in the NFC. Say what you want but imo I think Sam would have had his best season this year had he not been injured.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously we will never know. I think a good indicator on how Sam would have done this season is how he played against the Packers in pre season. The first few drives in pre season, the starters are in. He was 9/12 101 yards and a touchdown. Thats against probably the best team in the NFC. Say what you want but imo I think Sam would have had his best season this year had he not been injured.

:agree:

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No will we never know, but I also think that being a Sooner fan, you are also a Bradford homer. A preseason game against anybody is no indication of anything, means absolutely nothing! First teamers in there or not, teams are still working on things and trying this or that, it's not a "real" game, guys aren't giving their all, they are just getting there reps and work in. Preseason is more for backups and guys trying to make the roster.

He may well of had his best season this year, but he's been average, if that, and his best season still wouldn't be saying much. I still think the Rams would still be sitting about where they are now, even if Bradford had played. You have your opinion which is based on what you think he "could" do, my opinion is based on what I have seen from him since he has been here!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No we will never know, but I also think that being a Sooner fan, you are also a Bradford homer. A preseason game against anybody is no indication of anything, means absolutely nothing! First teamers in there or not, teams are still working on things and trying this or that, it's not a "real" game, guys aren't giving their all, they are just getting there reps and work in. Preseason is more for backups and guys trying to make the roster.

He may well of had his best season this year, but he's been average, if that, and his best season still wouldn't be saying much. I still think the Rams would still be sitting about where they are now, even if Bradford had played. You have your opinion which is based on what you think he "could" do, my opinion is based on what I have seen from him since he has been here!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you repeat that for effect?

Ha ha, supposedly this sight doesn't allow you to do that! I always use my IPad and sometimes when I click it double clicks on things, also changes alot of the that I supposedly typed! Just saying, so you know if you ever see a post from me that says I think we should stick with Bradford and go down with him, you know my iPad changed what I typed!:yahoo:

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha ha, supposedly this sight doesn't allow you to do that! I always use my IPad and sometimes when I click it double clicks on things, also changes alot of the that I supposedly typed! Just saying, so you know if you ever see a post from me that says I think we should stick with Bradford and go down with him, you know my iPad changed what I typed!:yahoo:

Right. :suspicious: Know I have done the same. Retro can delete it. :nod:

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update 31 December 2014

So now that we know that we pick 10th, we can start to make decisions on who is gone and who we go after in free agency. We all know Bradford will be back. We all know Jake Long, Davin Joseph and Scott Wells will be gone. Most likely Person and Washington will move on as well. Good chance Langford will be cut. Britt and hopefully Barksdale will be back. McCloud will probably move on somewhere else as well.

This leaves a couple of holes:
Starting RG
Starting FS
O line depth
LB corps depth

Based on that, I have revamped my opinion of the off season/free agency/draft focus for the Rams just slightly

1. Sign Mike Iupati or James Carpenter to play RG
2. Sign Malcom Smith to play OLB
3. Sign Casey Matthews to backup JL55 at MLB
4. Sign a couple of young veteran offensive linemen for depth (not older broken guys like Joseph)
5. If Barksdale does not resign, draft an OT in round 1. If not, look at OLB/DE (Ray, Mauldin,Fowler) or even CB (Waynes)
6. Draft Reese Dismukes to play Center (I like Barrett Jones, but he is versatile and good for the bench)
7. Draft a QB in round 3 (Petty,Grayson or Carden)
8. Find a Free Safety late in the draft for depth purposes. I think they may go to war with Barron or Joyner as FS next year if McCloud leaves.