• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part V minutes for fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
canadas olympic team goalie sitch looks great !

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eichel to Vegas E4
Currently at 0 cap space with Tuch and Patches on LTIR.

So like 5 players going the other way? Oh wait, everyone they'd want to move have NTCs and NMCs except Shea Theodore who they are "Committed to" and is a "core piece". Like MAF was.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Currently at 0 cap space with Tuch and Patches on LTIR.

So like 5 players going the other way? Oh wait, everyone they'd want to move have NTCs and NMCs except Shea Theodore who they are "Committed to" and is a "core piece". Like MAF was.
Reilly Smith has no protection. Have to figure he'd be part of any package.

Chandler Stephenson too, if Buffalo want a C. He's signed at one of the better contracts in the league too so even if they move him on after that's a great piece teams would pay for.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, the Knights would have to free up 10 million in cap space to make the EIchel trade work. So that would guarantee the Sabres would be taking back shit contacts like Dadonov, if he allows it.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be clear here. I can see why people don't like my point but I do have one.

Do I think Chev is despicable for staying silent to advance his own career? Fuck ya

But where he be if he spoke up?

On the right side of history.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree

But jobless

How's that working for coach Q?

And Chevy could have reported it, quit and sent out a resume with AGM of Cup winning team on it. He would have been fine. He should be jobless now though.

He chose to continue working with scumbags.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How's that working for coach Q?

And Chevy could have reported it, quit and sent out a resume with AGM of Cup winning team on it. He would have been fine. He should be jobless now though.

He chose to continue working with scumbags.

He could have.

But everyone keeps misunderstanding me....

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I'm saying I can understand why but I think he is Scum for participating in it

I can understand why Bernie Madoff robbed people blind. He should still go to jail for it. And he flat out should not have done it.

Chevy would not have been destitute had he reported this shit. He was self-serving about r*pe. He can get fucked and all the understanding in the world doesn't change a goddamn thing.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand why Bernie Madoff robbed people blind. He should still go to jail for it. And he flat out should not have done it.

Chevy would not have been destitute had he reported this shit. He was self-serving about r*pe. He can get fucked and all the understanding in the world doesn't change a goddamn thing.

I agree

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure this NHL executive spoke to Westhead on the condition of anonymity, but it again highlights the toxicity of hockey culture...

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure this NHL executive spoke to Westhead on the condition of anonymity, but it again highlights the toxicity of hockey culture...

Hopefully he had it explained to him though.

It’s not inconceivable to me and you and many others - honestly all inconceivability of abuse ran out the door for me when Terry Crews came out and said he was abused by an agent - but if this exec is at least asking, and trying to get educated, we’re going somewhere.

If he’s just sitting there after that convo saying “yeah he shoulda just kicked his ass” then, yeah, still got a big problem there.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it highlights society in general.

Honestly I believe that was probably the mindset of some of the people that "knew". Male on male sexual assault / harassment is often still scoffed at or not believed. 12 years ago it was even worse. "He could have stopped that if he really wanted to, I could have"...so I bet a roomful of athletes/ former athletes had a hard time believing the accounts happened as reported. So I bet some of the people involved kept quiet not because they are terrible awful people, but probably because they didn't want to throw their coworkers, colleagues, and friends under the bus for a story they did not quite believe.

They were still wrong, and take them all down - I don't care and maybe that would even help. But I don't necessarily buy into the argument that everyone who kept quiet was/is a terrible person or knowingly doing wrong.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question one to Chipman had better be “Why do you feel keeping someone who buried a sexual assault allegation best represents your hockey club in one of its most prominent positions?”

Status
Not open for further replies.